Immigration officers coming and checking that I live here...

11 minutes ago, Lorry said:

I remember reading about it on TV.

I think it was in this thread

I recall that thread.

Point is ....there are folk almost daily obtaining a non O retirement at CW from a visa exempt or tourist visa entry.

Have not read one similar report to the OP. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I recall that thread.

Point is ....there are folk almost daily obtaining a non O retirement at CW from a visa exempt or tourist visa entry.

Have not read one similar report to the OP. 

Trust me,I am quite sure it was mentioned.  Not necessarily in this thread, I didn't care when I read it, because it doesn't affect me

5 minutes ago, Lorry said:

Trust me,I am quite sure it was mentioned.  Not necessarily in this thread, I didn't care when I read it, because it doesn't affect me

I will wait for similar posts from folk that have had same experience in obtaining a non O retirement at CW. 

Haven't read one apart from this thread. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, connda said:

They do that.  Be nice.  Invite them in to have a cup of coffee.  Smile.  Be respectful while asserting your own status (you're better off than most middle-class Thais).  Wish them well on their way out the door. 

Asserting your own status? How is that done exactly?  And what status is that?  Retiree? Husband of Thai wife?   Or do you go with "Do you know who I am back in my home country?"

• Haha 2

May not have anything to do with this

Tim Newton mentioned forged documentation was found by TIT.  One country (that shall remain nameless)  seems to be the problem.  It may be a problem for everyone as immigration is now checking and rechecking everything they can.

Tim didn't lead with that story or put particular emphasis on it, so just take it for speculation

13 hours ago, al valio said:

Anyhow they were really polite, but it was just a really weird experience. They took photos of me like sometimes you see in the "suspect arrested" reports ????

They visited me after my first marriage extension application. They were also polite, but completely ignored me as if I was invisible. They wanted neighbours from across the road to vouch for me, at the same time producing their house certificates and ID.