Pattaya authorities inspect court where Russian basketball prodigy passed away

webfact

image.jpeg

By Tanakorn Panyadee 

Pattaya — Following the tragic death of 19-year-old Alexey Sobolev, a Russian basketball player who was electrocuted by a faulty lighting pole, Pattaya authorities inspected the basketball court and temporarily closed it for maintenance.

The inspection on Friday, December 16th, was led by Pattaya deputy mayor Manoch Nongyai. Authorities found that the lighting pole located near a basketball court in Chonburi’s Banglamung district had a power leakage of more than 110 voltage.

Manoch told relevant authorities to consistently inspect electrical wires in the area. He also ordered the court as well as its surrounding areas to be closed for maintenance.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/12/16/update-pattaya-authorities-inspect-court-where-russian-basketball-prodigy-passed-away/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-12-17

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

NOW they do inspections. Surely someone knew such wiring had deteriorated over the past dozen years. Such poor safety in electrical in Thailand. They need to pursue Electrical 4.0, not other unnecessary military <deleted>.

• Like 2

What the inspection will show is very common so common it isn't going to be noticed by those doing the inspecting. 

From the footing you can see based on material used unless this is actual code final inspection was never made prior to covering or sealing. Then the gap on the ground where beam is located exposing wiring had been like this for a long time who is responsible for the facility who knew but so dissentized to the problem just take it for granted.

This got me wondering about the underground wiring they have done on Klang, Nua,  and walking street,  what I see on this playground I've seen throughout Pattaya. 

Edited by thailand49

11 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

This got me wondering about the underground wiring they have done on Klang, Nua,  and walking street,  what I see on this playground I've seen throughout Pattaya. 

They seem to be using proper armoured conduits from what I see....although some areas it was just large flexible pipe without armouring!

Edited by jacko45k

Just now, Rimmer said:

I don't see any armored conduit. They used blue plastic water pipe married into yellow electrical conduit elbows.

For outdoor use in a public place It should be galvanized steel conduit and a proper junction box not a taped up joint sticking out of the plastic.

The work on Klang I have watched during it's long process is not using blue water pipes....for the buried cables.

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

They seem to be using proper armoured conduits from what I see....although some areas it was just large flexible pipe without armouring!

Correct!  So is there inspection!  Final approval prior to cement being pour over the work. 

I've never seen it here by the municipal here. 

I just came up Klang although the sky cleared of wires the work on the sidewalk light poles unfinished expose wire everywhere. 

You live here?  

Take the road parallel to the train tracks when finished there were two useable lines when they started 5.years ago digging up to put in larger drains still unfinished certain locations like after Nernpludwan they resurface after finished within a week a section collapse  due to sink hole not once but 3 times! 

Today they are still digging digging down South Choppawitte, recently cover and resurface at the intersection left side within a week it started to crack and ripple today the road heading south left side is an accident waiting to happen at night if you don't know the area on a bike you are asking for trouble. Half of the road is unusable.

On my Soi, they have been putting in drains third time now all resurface one spot there is a hole size of a car,  just before the curve I grab a number of cones place it in front a worker came prior to finishing a day or two later remove the cones and without addressing the hole.  This is the same throughout many of the Thai neighborhoods on the Darkside 

Standard practice here is " light is on but no one is home " 

7 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

The work on Klang I have watched during it's long process is not using blue water pipes....for the buried cables.

Blue pipe is traditionaly used in Thailand for water, yellow is traditionaly used in Thailand for electrical.

On this enlargement can see what looks like a bare wire sticking out of the degraded pvc tape wrapping over the joint

bare.jpg

Yes, all so predictable.  Somebody dies from negligence by the city and soon after out parades the deputy mayor and assorted flunkies to 'inspect'.  Followed by a useless statement for relevant parties to make sure everything is hunky dory.   And, that's that.

• Thumbs Up 2

6 hours ago, thailand49 said:

You live here?  

Take the road parallel to the train tracks

Yes and I use the railway line bypass road lot...  but normally only the North section, Siam CC to Hwy  36. It has been a long frustrating effort putting those drains in... it is now rough and full of bumps and holes.

• Thumbs Up 1