Health minister confident COVID infections over New Year are controllable

snoop1130

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

People from other Countries seem to have forgotten what an absolute mess they made of handling Covid... UK alone put many elderly people in their graves prematurely with nothing better than complete incompetence. I think Thailand did pretty well too. 

Yes, Thailand has done so brilliantly well that it''s "only" shrunk in population size by 100,000 people since January 2021.

Query the government's database for number of births and deaths and see for yourself: 

https://stat.bora.dopa.go.th/stat/statnew/statMONTH/statmonth/#/mainpage

6 minutes ago, aBigSmile said:

Have you considered that your first infection was due to the Alpha or Delta strains, which were more virulent in nature, while the second time you were assaulted by the Omicron variant, which s milder in symptoms? 

As for the vaccines reducing the severity of the symptoms, I'm yet to see a single peer-reviewed study that supports that claim.  

And the fact you have not sought out such reviews or bothered to read them means you are trying to share your ignorance?

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/vaccine-benefits.html

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, aBigSmile said:

Yes, Thailand has done so brilliantly well that it''s "only" shrunk in population size by 100,000 people since January 2021.

Query the government's database for number of births and deaths and see for yourself: 

https://stat.bora.dopa.go.th/stat/statnew/statMONTH/statmonth/#/mainpage

I cannot read Thai..... nor do I see the relevance to the topic of Covid infections. If you want to see fails. look at how many died of Covid in say the USA! Highest total world wide. 

2 minutes ago, Partenavia said:

If you are fully vaccinated, with the most efficient vaccines, then Covid will not impact you, unless you have underlying conditions, move on with your life. I totally fail to understand this Thai obsession with wearing masks all the time.  

It's about confirmity not Covid. There's no longer any logical reason for the mass mask wearing. 

Infection prevention isn't the aim of the Covid health response. Some exceptions apply for the very vulnerable members of society, that are relatively low in number.

People who think it's all about "not getting it" have it wrong. 

What is it with these Thai politicians and their dollar-themed shirts? A while back we were treated to a photo of Prayut dancing on the beach in a blue dollar shirt, and now Anutin's got a green one. Is this a symbol of the Thai Freemasons, or maybe a hidden suggestion to the Qatar government, lol?

Thai-PBS-World-logo-2022-12-20T180922_41

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

He did, however, express concern over those who are over 60, have kidney or heart diseases or cancer, saying that it is imperative that they get vaccinated or are fully vaccinated, to reduce the risk of severe symptoms.

For once I agree with him.  Mind you he would have been told to say that by a medical professional.

2 minutes ago, Partenavia said:

If you are fully vaccinated, with the most efficient vaccines, then Covid will not impact you, unless you have underlying conditions, move on with your life. I totally fail to understand this Thai obsession with wearing masks all the time.  

It's about confirmity not Covid. There's no longer any logical reason for the mass mask wearing. 

Infection prevention isn't the aim of the Covid health response. Some exceptions apply for the very vulnerable members of society, that are relatively low in number.

People who think it's all about "not getting it" have it wrong. 

6 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

What he really means is that he may use covid infections over the new year to place controls on the people. 

You got that right!

He should just cover his dirty mouth with 100 pair of those diapers so the s*** may finally stop leaking from it.

Shouldn't be as bad as the predicted 1 million Covid deaths in China.

"The public health organization that forecast 1 million COVID deaths in China says a ‘tripledemic’ could push the death toll even higher: ‘They never had a Plan B’"

https://fortune.com/well/2022/12/20/china-covid-deaths-1-million-forecast-tripledemic-rsv-flu-zero-covid-restrictions/

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Thailand’s Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul is confident that COVID-19 infections during the New Year celebrations will be kept under control, as the Public Health Ministry is fully equipped with manpower and medical supplies to cope with the situation.

Could have said that two years ago instead of bringing misery to the nation

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

The most worrying thing is mutations. 

We already know the current mutations are less severe but that can change quickly. 

At the same time I don't plan on changing my life drastically again. 

Very unlikely. Most epidemiologists agree that the nature of a pandemic is for the virus to mutate into weaker and weaker variants, just like Omicron. It will get weaker, until it is a non factor. It is nearly a non factor already. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Was he wrong?  "Cancelling" Songkran would have been ineffective at best and would have just delayed the inevitable.  Whatever way you look at it, Thailand handled Covid better than many other countries, especially those in the west.

These are things we don't speak of in particular circles....