4 AM Closing Time for Nightspots in Tourism Areas Postponed Indefinitely

snoop1130

2 hours ago, Mickeymaus said:

You don't understand that such noisy entertainment businesses can open next to you AFTER you bought your condo... Look at Tree Town in Pattaya. A vacant area for very many years in the centre of Pattaya City surrounded by hotels and condominiums. And then they build Tree Town. In the end nothing more than an extremely noisy red light district. And there are many other examples like this. Perhaps it is different in Bangkok. But here in Pattaya there are better ways to get rid of your money than buying a condo. 

What on earth did you expect when you moved there , its Pattaya not Eastbourne.

Seriously , if peace and quiet is important to you , why move to that area ?

Even before the development there were bars all around and its slap bang in the middle of 2 major thoroughfares , never gonna be peacefull.n

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Elkski said:

What % of tourists want to party past 2 am.?  I would guess 10% or less

Up until around 2006 there was still 24 hour opening in Thailand (as there still is in Cambodia). I've never really been a late drinker anyway. Although quite recently Queen's Park Plaza, Sukh Soi 22 BKK was knocked down, some of those places were open all night. Years ago, I occasionally I would wake up around 1am and go down there to get redrunk.????

• Like 1

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I remember the Marine well. I think it closed early- about 2 or 3 am, so headed over to another place that went on long after I'd had enough at dawn.

BTW unless you call 2 or 3 hundred "small", Marine catered for a big number.

There was one opposite or near the top of the escalator, original location of Peppermint, and the late one by the large open air  seafood place, up Soi passing The Blues Factory... I think......not certain as  did do some late drinking myself. 

1 hour ago, Harsh Jones said:

The young bucks haven't returned yet ? 

Haven't noticed them since we got a good few from Oz desperate at the end of Covid restrictions....although I am about early.. I have no interest in 4am drinking at my age. 

16 hours ago, Salerno said:

there were times I don't even go out until around 4 am

Very sad indeed, but so be it - it is your choice! Now you will have to go out much earlier because by 2am all bars/nightclubs must be legally closed and those that do not comply run the risk of being raided by the authorities. 

• Haha 1

There is an alternative.  Like just now I was sitting in lobby of my Asoke hotel.  A cute, classy gal sitting there.  Man 55-65? Just came down to take her upstairs.   Down and dirty by 2:30 pm.   Fresh start to her day.   I was a bit jealous.  

Many of us have done the late night partying in Thailand, getting home near sunrise (when often the girl or I wanted to sleep more than romp), then wake up in the mid-afternoon and start it all over again the next night. Lots of drinking, girls, good and bad times. Although I rarely go out to party now, I have no issue with those that want to experience all that and although its available today, you need to search it out or be in the know. Most of Pattaya should be open late for clubs and people so inclined, that is what Pattaya is (some other areas too). Whilst I will be blissfully sleeping amongst the coconut groves, others can continue the tradition of partying til they drop, with all the fun and dangers that may follow.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I live in lower Sukhumvit and sometimes I go out before 7am. I saw often enough the leftovers from the street bars. What a sad view. A combination of totally wasted farangs and old hookers trying to survive. 

Where did all those former rugby players come from?.......????

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, joecoolfrog said:

Are you seriously suggesting that any local , who wishes to drink until 4 am , doesn't know of an establishment that would accomodate him.?

No I am not

Its easy enough for them to find Booze 24/7 if they so desire.

What I am suggesting however, is that anybody drinking until 4 Am is a danger to themselves and others the following Day, and lets be honest here.

They are pretty much useless to everybody around them..

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cake Monster said:

No I am not

Its easy enough for them to find Booze 24/7 if they so desire.

What I am suggesting however, is that anybody drinking until 4 Am is a danger to themselves and others the following Day, and lets be honest here.

They are pretty much useless to everybody around them..

Hi.

rrrrrr.JPG

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

I have already seen this kind of debate in my country where the owners of nightclubs put pressure on the town hall to obtain authorization to close 1 hour later (6am instead of 5am) during the summer season and apparently the impact on the turnover is much more important than one might think.

A fun little thing:
I receive the Asean Now news letter, and you have these 2 titles one after the other:

• 4 AM closing time for nightspots postponed indefinitely

• Anutin confidant COVID infections over New Year are controllable

I naively thought the reason there was this restriction was to prevent the spread of the virus, but I must have missed some important news.
Unless it is only the continuation of a policy of persecution by the army against the discos having already led to the closure of "mythical" (sic) places like the Climax in Bkk. Its owner (who also owns the Hilaris bars) having finally decided to close this establishment, because she was fed up with the police/army raids every week (Or so I was told)

All the big capitals have a very developed nightlife, I can mention London, Istanbul, Berlin, Brussels, Amsterdam, Madrid, Rome and so many others.
To kill the nightlife is to lose a large part of tourists. This is even more the case for holiday destinations.
Or the plan is to make Pattaya to become a city for retired rich people of the 3rd and 4th age and  medical tourism ????
Well, turning a ladybar into a nurse shouldn't be too difficult, some already have a very sexy version of their uniform and perfectly master life-saving gestures, mouth-to-mouth, heart massage (among others based on well-being and relaxation) ????????

7 hours ago, Elkski said:

There is an alternative.  Like just now I was sitting in lobby of my Asoke hotel.  A cute, classy gal sitting there.  Man 55-65? Just came down to take her upstairs.   Down and dirty by 2:30 pm.   Fresh start to her day.   I was a bit jealous.  

How do you know that they had sex ?

9 hours ago, joecoolfrog said:

What on earth did you expect when you moved there , its Pattaya not Eastbourne.

Seriously , if peace and quiet is important to you , why move to that area ?

Even before the development there were bars all around and its slap bang in the middle of 2 major thoroughfares , never gonna be peacefull.n

The beautiful beach and clarity of the sea, its unique superb architecture, museums, art galleries...
If he had known this place, Salvador Dali would have said: Pattaya is the center of the world!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Harsh Jones said:

I seen it all through my 20's. I would wonder, why cant we all show up a little earlier so we don't waste away the whole next day because your body doesn't know whether to sleep or stay awake anymore.  Id usually just leave my friends behind at the disco and find freelancer and be back at my room by 1:00

What is your point?
Because you don't like clubbing, only "freelancers" then all the people who think differently or like to have fun without having to look at their watch have a problem?

I am appalled by the lack of open-mindedness of people.

When your brain went off the rails to the point of thinking that it is not possible that we could think otherwise, not like the same things as you...

Let me tell you something: What makes this world so rich is that we are all different.
If we were all the same, we would all be dressed the same, there would only be one car model in one color, all the apartments would be the same with the same furniture, we would all vacation at the same place, practice the same sport etc.
But the biggest problem is that we would all be in love with the same girl! ????

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Marsupienemi said:

What is your point?
Because you don't like clubbing, only "freelancers" then all the people who think differently or like to have fun without having to look at their watch have a problem?

I am appalled by the lack of open-mindedness of people.

When your brain went off the rails to the point of thinking that it is not possible that we could think otherwise, not like the same things as you...

Let me tell you something: What makes this world so rich is that we are all different.
If we were all the same, we would all be dressed the same, there would only be one car model in one color, all the apartments would be the same with the same furniture, we would all vacation at the same place, practice the same sport etc.
But the biggest problem is that we would all be in love with the same girl! ????

I already conceded that point in a previous post. Most posters have admitted to staying up all night a few times. But from my observation, ppl who do it regularly aren't exactly a picture of stability. They're usually the types that are into uppers shall we say

7 hours ago, Marsupienemi said:

I naively thought the reason there was this restriction was to prevent the spread of the virus, but I must have missed some important news.

Unless it is only the continuation of a policy of persecution by the army against the discos having already led to the closure of "mythical" (sic) places like the Climax in Bkk. Its owner (who also owns the Hilaris bars) having finally decided to close this establishment, because she was fed up with the police/army raids every week (Or so I was told

That the army is against the night life is a big myth. The government before the military government wanted to get rid of the sex businesses and reduced the opening times. And then came the military government and one of the first thing they did was the extension of the opening times. And endless new so called entertainment venues were created. Look in Pattaya at LK Metro, Tree Town, Soi Buakhao.

And raids - they are always shown in the media. But I remember a big bar in Tree Town when closing time was midnight because of Covid. Extremely noisy live concerts every night until 3 am. Now the closing time is 2 and again live concerts every night until 3 am. Impossible that the police does not hear this... 

23 hours ago, Mickeymaus said:

You don't understand that such noisy entertainment businesses can open next to you AFTER you bought your condo... Look at Tree Town in Pattaya. A vacant area for very many years in the centre of Pattaya City surrounded by hotels and condominiums. And then they build Tree Town. In the end nothing more than an extremely noisy red light district. And there are many other examples like this. Perhaps it is different in Bangkok. But here in Pattaya there are better ways to get rid of your money than buying a condo. 

Why would you buy a condo near a giant open lot or property that is not developed? I think a lot of people make STUPID decisions where to buy. I work in Real Estate in a different country. It's the same there even with zoning. You can't even build tall buildings on many many sois around BKK anymore because they are too narrow but some buildings got away with it years ago. Not anymore. The problem seems to be older farangs who seem to want way to much bang for their measly bucks and always buy something newer in an area that is not prime then a complex is built right near it. Why not buy in the Phra Tam Nok area near the sea between Pattaya and Jomitein? I know many people who flipped condos / homes there over the years and many who have held onto condos there and rented them out or used AIR BNB. Of course last year and the year were tougher but I'm taking about before that and probably the future. Many narrow quiet streets , no bars , no karaokes etc. Cheap skates never buy in prime areas then get in trouble. Then they start the same urban myths that a karaoke bar opens next store! I don't ever hear about this from smart savvy investors. 

30 minutes ago, alex8912 said:

Why would you buy a condo near a giant open lot or property that is not developed? I think a lot of people make STUPID decisions where to buy. I work in Real Estate in a different country. It's the same there even with zoning. You can't even build tall buildings on many many sois around BKK anymore because they are too narrow but some buildings got away with it years ago. Not anymore. The problem seems to be older farangs who seem to want way to much bang for their measly bucks and always buy something newer in an area that is not prime then a complex is built right near it. Why not buy in the Phra Tam Nok area near the sea between Pattaya and Jomitein? I know many people who flipped condos / homes there over the years and many who have held onto condos there and rented them out or used AIR BNB. Of course last year and the year were tougher but I'm taking about before that and probably the future. Many narrow quiet streets , no bars , no karaokes etc. Cheap skates never buy in prime areas then get in trouble. Then they start the same urban myths that a karaoke bar opens next store! I don't ever hear about this from smart savvy investors. 

Before I move to Pratumnak I will move away from Pattaya. In Pratamnak there is not much infrastructure. No Baht busses. My area in Central Pattaya was a prime location until they transformed it into a red light district. And 20 years there were no problems here at this location. It was quiet like a graveyard. And open areas are a risk. I know. But in Pattaya you had so many open areas and you still have endless old buildings that will disappear. Obviously you don't know much about the development of Pattaya. Whole streets were rebuild. And one day the red light districts might disappear too at least in the city centre because the land will be too expensive for bars. 

But until then .... the best thing is to stay away from Pattaya. It is not a party town. It is a sex town. And wherever you go - bars, discos and many other places. You will be surrounded by "entertainers". And it gets worse every year. 

• Haha 1

On 12/20/2022 at 2:14 PM, Harsh Jones said:

You have to have to be loopy in the head to want to stay up past 2am. 2am is late enough. Go to bed morons. Most have to be high on drugs. 

Is "partying" really that fun ? Like anything, It starts to feel like work if you do it too long. 

@Harsh Jones JESUS!! You sound like a barrel of laughs i bet you've never partied in your life.  anyway each to their own i say, shame you can't.  cuz what harm is it doing you exactly? that people want to stay out till after 2am.  

• Like 1