More than 5M Chinese Visitors expected in Thailand next year

webfact

Just now, rabang said:

Oh, people die. Stop the press.

Simple deflection..... 

I hope allowing Chinese in does not have a bad impact... as it did for Italy nearly 3 years ago. They (Italy) have chosen not to let it happen again. We have a far differing scenario now, a different, less pathological strain, populations well vaccinated or already having been infected....

5 minutes ago, nigelforbes said:

We all hope that you never get old and end up at risk of death, just because other selfish people thought that what you caught was only trivia, that would be a real shame. ????

As a matter of fact I am starting to hope that way too and might take some action myself before that happening, although it is difficult to see so far ahead in the future.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, rabang said:

Who might those be?

It is not fiction but the measures have been wrong and vastly oversized.

Is that your personal view or those of the ones who post misinformation.  All deaths are not because of natural causes or regular sicknesses in this world. However, the response to covid possibly saved millions upon millions of lives, yet you see it differently. Fair enough just don't trivialize it like you have and do. I lost friends and family who are gone to soon because of Covid and nothing more.

• Like 2

On 12/27/2022 at 12:03 PM, ThailandRyan said:

Yeah Right.....as if......dreams are what these numbers are.  China's having major issues now and I do not see it clearing before the end of 2023

China planned to lift its mandatory quarantine on its visitors on Jan 8, 2023.
As of yet no news on Xi letting Chinese out en-masse.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Humpy said:

Let us hope the travel agents won't be advertising visits to the elephant 'shows'.... Having just read this item in the news.... https://www.express.co.uk/news/nature/1714694/elephants-thailand-animal-cruelty-uk-travellers-tourism

Omegacron 23 coming to a country near you.

On 12/27/2022 at 1:55 AM, Guderian said:

Just what Pattaya needs, on top of the neverending road works and the traffic jams they cause, we'll now have hundreds of Chinese tour buses adding to the problems.

Shrimp buffets are being renovated and shrimps hoping out of the tanks in anticipation

• Haha 1

On 12/28/2022 at 2:25 AM, Salerno said:

Which is one of the things stopping Chinese tourists e.g. who wants to use a big chunk of their time off in quarantine on return home.

China is also slowly dropping it's restrictions on people leaving.

"Online searches for flights abroad surged on the news, state media reported, with the travel platform Tongcheng seeing an 850% jump in searches and a tenfold rise in inquiries about visas."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/dec/26/china-starts-to-drop-quarantine-requirement-for-overseas-passengers

Then China rapidly lifted all restrictions in and out and there was an audible gasp of horror!

On 12/27/2022 at 12:53 PM, webfact said:

“This is good news for Thailand’s tourism industry, which relies heavily on Chinese tourists,” said a SET source. “In 2019, before the pandemic, around 11 million Chinese tourists visited Thailand, or 27% of nearly 40 million total foreign arrivals.”

Can some one tell me if we still talking here about the high income tourist?

On 12/30/2022 at 1:17 AM, jacko45k said:

Simple deflection..... 

I hope allowing Chinese in does not have a bad impact... as it did for Italy nearly 3 years ago. They (Italy) have chosen not to let it happen again. We have a far differing scenario now, a different, less pathological strain, populations well vaccinated or already having been infected....

That is when I knew Covid was relatively harmless. It is sad that old people die. But death is a part of life, whether people die from flu or something else.

If 1/5th of China has Covid then you instinctively know that it is not a mad killer plague. Obviously something which is a big killer doesn't spread that far. Sick people stay home. People with sniffles spread it far and wide.

When China isn't depopulated from Covid these exaggerating people won't show any shame.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-18/99-of-those-who-died-from-virus-had-other-illness-italy-says?leadSource=uverify wall

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/28/2022 at 9:34 AM, newnative said:

You might be surprised to learn--as I did--that the majority of Chinese tourists in 2019 were traveling independently on their own, staying, eating, and visiting wherever they wanted, and not in tour groups, budget or otherwise.  Regardless, whether in a group or not, they were spending more per day in Thailand than tourists from any other country.   As previously stated, their individual spending was less--in the 40,000 baht a day range vs. Europeans in the high 60,000  baht range.  But, there were far more of them at nearly 11 million.   To say 'it won't make much difference whether they come or not' is absurd.  

And where would you find any accurate & truthful information about Chinese tourists visiting Thailand ??

On 12/28/2022 at 9:36 AM, newnative said:

This is simply incorrect.  Read the posts and maybe learn something.  Or, back up your statement with actual, hard, verifiable data.  

I see it first hand on a daily basis, If you believe the data published in Thailand thats your prerogative!

• Haha 1

On 12/28/2022 at 9:34 AM, newnative said:

You might be surprised to learn--as I did--that the majority of Chinese tourists in 2019 were traveling independently on their own, staying, eating, and visiting wherever they wanted, and not in tour groups, budget or otherwise.  Regardless, whether in a group or not, they were spending more per day in Thailand than tourists from any other country.   As previously stated, their individual spending was less--in the 40,000 baht a day range vs. Europeans in the high 60,000  baht range.  But, there were far more of them at nearly 11 million.   To say 'it won't make much difference whether they come or not' is absurd.  

Can you provide a link to the article, showing evidence of what you claim?

5 minutes ago, mikeymike100 said:

Can you provide a link to the article, showing evidence of what you claim?

Chinese tourists still prefer to travel in groups (44%). This especially counts for Chinese tourists from second, third and fourth-tier cities and regions. 42% of outbound travellers from China prefer to travel individually.

https://marketscans.nbtc.nl/marketscan-china-2019/chinese-travel-market