Jomtien immigration- Officer declined application for Non-O based on marriage for no reason.

32 minutes ago, sadmoneysnow said:

I would just wait until that made up requirement is satisfied and not pay the bribe. Spending the money on yourself and do a visa run, unless you really want to save the time and not leave TH.

Yes yes ...think we all aware of that.

A border bounce or 60 day extension all cost money and more importantly inconvenience.

Lot of blow hards on AseanNow.

Personally I would just grease the wheels. 

Up to personal choice. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

The minute an immigration officer starts giving me a hard time I just tell them to stop, and get me your manager. Right now. I do not want to deal with you anymore, you have overextended your welcome in my life, I need to speak to your boss. It always works, I always get elevated to somebody who's more cooperative and more polite and I get expedited by making noise.

I also think it makes a statement. You cannot and will not get away with abusing us. One of the gals in the OFFICE which I use, that I consistently reject, is no longer around. Coincidence?

That's what you need to do, make a scene, make noise, don't be polite to somebody who is nasty. That doesn't get you anywhere. Not with Thai immigration, anyway. 

What about this case where the problem person is the boss?

• Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/27/2022 at 11:40 PM, carbuyer said:

I understand why you would think that. If I were reading this thread, I would think the same as you if I were reading this. There usually is more to the story!

But honestly, I walked in, was polite as could be, and she was just horrible from the start. Not shouting, but a raised voice. How I would speak to a very naughty child if I wanted them to cry. Not a polite person who walked into my office with all the correct paperwork and just placed it on my desk with a polite "sa wa dee krap."

I also had an extremely rude female IO at Chiang Mai office that didn't know what a TM28 was and was so abusive I left without doing it.

On the other hand I've had helpful female IO at Chiang Mai office ( not the same one ).

• Like 2

5 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes yes ...think we all aware of that.

A border bounce or 60 day extension all cost money and more importantly inconvenience.

Lot of blow hards on AseanNow.

Personally I would just grease the wheels. 

Up to personal choice. 

I'd just use an agent. The one I used didn't charge anywhere near 15,000 baht.

• Like 1

On 12/27/2022 at 2:44 PM, carbuyer said:

She said I could either come back when the funds had been in the account for 2 months, or I could pay a 15,000 fee to solve the problem and get the visa.

There you have it. She didn't decline your application "for no reason" as per your title. Her reason couldn't have been more obvious, in fact.

Let's just say she's a known quantity.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/27/2022 at 6:39 PM, freedomnow said:

There should be a route of getting her name and ID number then report her to a separate corruption department..but Thailand I know....

But it would put things on a better balance when you read this outright disgusting behaviour by this woman.

You need to get her behaviour on video.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/28/2022 at 2:11 PM, PJ71 said:

At Savanakhet it's 100% hassle free, they need 5 or 6 pieces of paper and the fee, that's it - so much simpler.

And if you have the time it's a cool little trip. 

I miss those trips. 

I strictly use an agent now.  He also does my 90 days reports.   

• Like 1

On 12/31/2022 at 5:43 PM, Orinoco said:

Op, So what have you done, now, did you go back and try again  ?

I went with a Thai person the first time. That was the last day I was eligible to get the visa (you have to apply 15 days before current visa expires)

If I went back again, I guarantee you that officer would be even ruder and more difficult. Thais in authority do not like to back down or admit mistakes. That would be losing face. I would be in the wrong for causing them to do so.
I know how it works here, I've spent over half my adult life in this country.

I'm getting the 60 days and then reapplying with the seasoned funds. I'm not paying the 15,000 she asked for.

Edited by carbuyer
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

45 minutes ago, carbuyer said:

I went with a Thai person the first time. That was the last day I was eligible to get the visa (you have to apply 15 days before current visa expires)

If I went back again, I guarantee you that officer would be even ruder and more difficult. Thais in authority do not like to back down or admit mistakes. That would be losing face. I would be in the wrong for causing them to do so.
I know how it works here, I've spent over half my adult life in this country.

I'm getting the 60 days and then reapplying with the seasoned funds. I'm not paying the 15,000 she asked for.

I am getting a bit confused here.

In the OP you are claiming that you want a Non Imm O based on marriage and that you went with a Thai person the first time.

Was that Thai person in fact your wife, or somebody else?

I have a perfectly valid marriage visa extension based on income and I had no problem getting it, and NO extra money was paid either over or under the table.

Granted that it was under a different IO and region, in Kamphaeng Phet and under region 5 and Chiang Mai.

If, as you say you have been in Thailand for over half your adult life, then you should be aware of the rules, and be prepared to work around or with them.

There is plenty of free advice here on ANN and plenty of knowledgeable who are willing to help you.  

9 minutes ago, billd766 said:

If, as you say you have been in Thailand for over half your adult life, then you should be aware of the rules, and be prepared to work around or with them.

And if you had not obtained your non O in another province how would have you dealt with the situation that the OP found himself in with a nutter immigration officer. 

• Like 1

On 12/29/2022 at 2:35 PM, TimeMachine said:

I got one quote for retirement 23K. That's about 1000 au dollars. Any recommendation for agent for retirement with a lower fee?

You overpaid 13k max in Pattaya. Send me a PM if you want details.

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

And if you had not obtained your non O in another province how would have you dealt with the situation that the OP found himself in with a nutter immigration officer. 

I would probably have stayed silent and let my wife deal with it.

Fortunately in my 20 odd year dealings with Immigration Officers I have had no real problems, not in Suan Phlu, Mae Sot, Nakhon Sawan nor KaMphaeng Phet.

Perhaps I have a different attitude to different people, perhaps it is something else, I have no idea.

The OP seems unhappy because of obtaining his Non "O" in another province, and he had a problem in a different province.

I actually obtained my Non IMM "O" visa in New Zealand where I was working in 2009 and was on a retirement extension for a few years in Thailand before I changed to a marriage extension about 3 years ago.

At the time of my application for a Non "O" visa, I was working in New Zealand, my home was in Thailand with my Thai wife and son, and I had and still have a UK passport.

Too many farangs in Jomtien. I reckon that office is getting sick of them. I would be too. Come up here to Issan. It's usually just me and one other farang in there. They always quickly stamp or sign my stuff, very politely, no hassles nor shakedowns, so they can get back to their somtam and gossip.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

39 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I would probably have stayed silent and let my wife deal with it.

In other words you would have ended up also needing to obtain a 60 day extension.

As for your personal experience of obtaining a non O in NZ....

Who cares. Has no relevance to the op situation.

Obtaining the non O in Thailand is a very common and apart from this particular office and moreso the nutter immigration officer it's an easy process. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, roobaa01 said:

First thing i always tell her how radiant She was looking, second i talk to her about cosmetics. It bode me always well.

You smooth operator you ???? 

At least one of our members has gone a step further and actually married an immigration officer!

No idea if a suitable "performance" eases their flow through the impregnation immigration process :whistling:

• Like 2