Pheu Thai Party Faces Dissolution Move Over Paetongtarn Visiting Thaksin In HK

webfact

4 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

In this case I guess it will be difficult to make a problem for a political party when the unofficial leader in Thailand visits the unofficial owner of the party - because he is also her father. And as far as I know there is no law against visiting a criminal father somewhere outside of Thailand.

Political parties and politicians should work for the country. They should not work for fugitive (super rich) criminals, and they should not work for foreigners. In many countries there are restrictions like that, and those restrictions make sense.

Yet there are no rules written here or else there would be no one left to become a politician.....graft, elephant ticket, skeletons in the closet etc....

32 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

In this case I guess it will be difficult to make a problem for a political party when the unofficial leader in Thailand visits the unofficial owner of the party - because he is also her father. And as far as I know there is no law against visiting a criminal father somewhere outside of Thailand.

Political parties and politicians should work for the country. They should not work for fugitive (super rich) criminals, and they should not work for foreigners. In many countries there are restrictions like that, and those restrictions make sense.

Just like the Constitution Court should be independent of politics and support the law; instead listens first to those (the "Good People") that create and perpetuate court justices and EC membership. So should PTP dissolution get to the CC, be sure its decision will be sadly predictable.

• Like 2

I suppose they could have asked Interpol to bring him in, but the problem is that no country believes in removing a popularly elected prime minister so that won't work. 

Maybe if they could at least bring the Red Bull guy in then people would see Thailand as having a justice system.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

Elephant in the room here, if he is a fugitive from Justice why hasn't there been an international arrest warrant issued?

Don't ask difficult questions, They have enough on their plate attending to the raising of an international warrant for the red bull guy, that's seems to have proved impossible so what chance have they got with an ex PM? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A neat way to remove Ung Ing as a threat to Prayut, Prawit and others, just like the solution to the threat posed by Thanathorn and Future Forward after the last election.  A new Thaksin party always comes back after being dissolved and beheaded but a 10 year ban will definitely cramp Ung Ing's political style. 

I hope Thaksin has a nice room waiting for her in Dubai in case things go criminal.

9 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Just deport all Shinawatras to the desert. Let them play with their billions in the sand.

Keep dreaming.

Thaksin has been in exile for nearly two decades yet remains the dominant figure in any election held in Thailand.

The only option available to the establishment now is to negotiate the terms of their surrender.

In human affairs, good eventually triumphs over evil.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

Why? Thaksin has not set foot in the country in 15 years and the corruption is worse now than ever... Are you sure they are the problem? Certainly seems not.

How do you know if the corruption is worse? Some international index? Or your gut feeling?

I don't know if it is worse. But I remember the times when Thaksin was officially in charge and there was basically everyday news about some shady deal with him involved. It was almost guaranteed to open the newspaper and see another of those articles (yes, at that time I read newspapers).

I don't know how corrupt the current government is, but apart from all those watches it is not so obvious - at least for me.

And obviously life is now peaceful without all those red shirts on the streets.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

I work in the private sector with 1000 Thai and International staff, and part of my role is dealing on a daily basis with authorities, BOI and investors into Thailand. I speak to thai lawyers, thai colleagues and officials daily. All of them acknowledge that the corruption now is shocking through every single level. 

Thanks, that is interesting.

And what are their predictions if Thaksin's daughter will be PM? Or Future Forward?

Do they expect that there will be less corruption?

I am genuine asking; I don't know and it's interesting to hear what many Thai businesspeople think.

• Thumbs Up 2

38 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

I speak to thai lawyers, thai colleagues and officials daily. All of them acknowledge that the corruption now is shocking through every single level. 

When has it been different?

1 hour ago, Scouse123 said:

Yeah.

But whose the good in this story and who is evil?

One side Thaksins mob, corrupt to the core and on the other the military,  who are the same.

Same old, same old,  just different pigs at the trough.

The good is democracy, free and fair elections, free press, freedom of speech, just and impartial courts…..open society.

It is myopic to allow perfect to be the enemy of progress.