3 Nominees Arrested For Holding 200m Baht Assets For Foreigner

webfact

21 minutes ago, jaywalker2 said:

Gee, I wonder what nationality he was?

It does look like someone is following the new policy of not reporting the nationality of foreigners accused (and convicted?) of crimes. But they have not stopped reporting the nationality of foreigners involved in unfortunate accidents, which to me makes the crime restriction seem absurd. Also the crime restriction is contrary to freedom of speech, but yes, I know, there's none of that here anyway. ALSO: if it is really China that caused the change in crime reporting I think we have a right to know, but again I feel absurd even using the word "right".

And what Thai ID card are they talking about? That has confused me for a while, since I have a "pink card", perfectly legal for me; but of course it doesn't say I am Thai. So they are talking about a similar card saying one is Thai?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, lkn said:

That is hilarious, driving around with your own fake motorcade ????

Wonder if he ever wore the fake uniform while being driven around in the fake motorcade while flashing his fake ID and saying "Don't you know who I am!" 555

On 12/29/2022 at 5:32 PM, Mac Mickmanus said:

The Nationality of the guy hasnt been stated , but had he been from any of the 193 other

What's funny is; if you click on the link from the Chaing Rai Times, it gives his nationality and surname. 

• Haha 1

On 12/29/2022 at 8:43 AM, Enzian said:

It does look like someone is following the new policy of not reporting the nationality of foreigners accused (and convicted?) of crimes.

We got a name though, its on the police board Mr. Zhao.

On 12/29/2022 at 7:09 AM, ChrisY1 said:

Just a minute part of this issue....there are literally thousands of Thai nominees here....

Last company I worked for before going it alone was illegally owned by a New Zealander. 

Was under investigation by the DSI at one point too, one of the many reasons I left the company.

Bent as a nine-bob note he was.

On 12/29/2022 at 8:43 AM, Enzian said:

It does look like someone is following the new policy of not reporting the nationality of foreigners accused (and convicted?) of crimes .. the crime restriction is contrary to freedom of speech

"...the crime restriction is contrary to freedom of speech..."

It's not law, it was a recommendation or direction for the police.   

It's not a "crime restriction" [sic], either.

That is not but about 6 million dollars / 3 = 2 million.. Joke of the day I guess. Hundred of thousands here with that being sponsored..

Drop that down to 100,000 and you would lock up half of Thailand that were living with a. foreigner.

Edited by Gknrd

On 12/29/2022 at 2:55 AM, webfact said:

after Mr. Shao was arrested, a search and seizure of 36 items from an association on Vibhavadi Rangsit Road revealed that he was the owner of three companies

Canada just finally had enough of this nonsense. Ask anyone who's tried to deal with property in Hongcouver for the past decade or so:

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/01/01/business/canada-bans-home-purchases-foreigners/index.html

Same needs to happen to San Francisco.

• Thanks 1