What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2023)

CharlieH

3 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

I watched Oppenheimer last night and enjoyed it. I got it from TGx.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15398776/

I also watched it last night and enjoyed it, although at times I found it a little convoluted? Maybe it's just me and my age, however what I will say is that I thought that Robert Downey Jr was excellent and I didn't recognise him until at least halfway through the movie when it suddenly dawned on me who it was!

I did watch the documentary on it a while back, however it didn't spoil the movie for me one bit.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, xylophone said:

I also watched it last night and enjoyed it, although at times I found it a little convoluted? Maybe it's just me and my age, however what I will say is that I thought that Robert Downey Jr was excellent and I didn't recognise him until at least halfway through the movie when it suddenly dawned on me who it was!

I did watch the documentary on it a while back, however it didn't spoil the movie for me one bit.

Yes, I agree it was a little convoluted at times. It took me a while to recognise RDJ and it was a good performance by him. I also watched the documentary and enjoyed that as well. 

Edited by Mutt Daeng
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Suburræterna

While chaos rules over Rome, established alliances are at risk as tensions rise with emerging criminal clans. The world of "Suburra" takes a new turn.

Thanks @Will27. Looks good. Downloading complete season 1 now from 1337x. Also on TGx & Kickass.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, recom273 said:

Fargo is back! 

I downloaded and started watching Criminal Code, all was looking promising, then I got to the end of what I thought was the first episode and it ended at some sentimental scene, I was wondering where could the show go from here? Then I realized I had just watched the final episode. Doh.

Another show getting good reviews is Stan’s Scrublands

Pacto De Sangre,a Mexican crime / drama / mystery may be worth a watch, not too sure yet.

I enjoyed Scrublands.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I sought out a few older movies to watch and one which I have seen before and wanted to watch again was, "Dark City" which starred Kiefer Sutherland, Rufus Sewell, William Hurt and Jennifer Connelly, and I've always thought this was a bit of an underrated masterpiece, because whoever thought of the premise for this was nothing short of a genius IMO.

I did notice Richard O'Brien in it, and he played his part very well, almost on a par with his part in the Rocky horror picture show!

I also watched one on BBC iPlayer, called, "The Sense of an Ending" with the excellent Jim Broadbent and Charlotte Rampling, and although slow-moving, it was a good watch, with an ending that I didn't foresee.

• Like 1

On 11/23/2023 at 1:04 PM, recom273 said:

Fargo is back! 

I downloaded and started watching Criminal Code, all was looking promising, then I got to the end of what I thought was the first episode and it ended at some sentimental scene, I was wondering where could the show go from here? Then I realized I had just watched the final episode. Doh.

Another show getting good reviews is Stan’s Scrublands

Pacto De Sangre,a Mexican crime / drama / mystery may be worth a watch, not too sure yet.

Thanks @recom273 downloading Scrublands from TGx.

I can't seem to locate Pacto de Sangre on the usual sites. Where did you get it?

On 11/23/2023 at 8:25 PM, gargamon said:

The second season of The Lazarus Project has dropped. Since I had the first season (unwatched) on my NAS, I decided to watch a bit of it before downloading season 2. Wow, intelligent science fiction for a change, without all the CGI crap. Rated 6.5 on IMDb, but don't believe that, most there want CGI and marvel nonsense.

Highly recommended. Oh, and the main antagonist is the guy from Strike, Tom Burke. 

Thanks @gargamon downloading seasons 1 & 2 from TGx.

44 minutes ago, Mutt Daeng said:
3 hours ago, Rimmer said:

Traces is quite good a mixture of police work and forensics, I was only able to find series two.

Traces season 1 complete is on TPB. I watched it a while ago and thought it was good. Thanks for the heads up that season 2 is available. Downloading now from TPB. 

Update: Season 1 is slow to download from TPB, so I selected S1-S2 combined from Kickass and after the download started, I de-selected season 2. The download was fast. I should have mentioned that they are all 720p (Good enough for me)

22 minutes ago, Mutt Daeng said:

Update: Season 1 is slow to download from TPB, so I selected S1-S2 combined from Kickass and after the download started, I de-selected season 2. The download was fast. I should have mentioned that they are all 720p (Good enough for me)

Thanks for that, I must have struck lucky just now,  as soon as I read your post I plugged into TPB and got in down in just four minutes :smile:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, recom273 said:

@Will27 

Channel 4 / Walter presents - Ice Cold Murders: Rocco Schiavone S05

Broadcast in Italy in April now with subtitles, just 4 episodes in the series. I love the backdrop to this show, awesome. 

Thanks for this @recom273 I've been waiting for S05 to appear. BTW it's 8 episodes in S05 not 4.

Edited by Mutt Daeng
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1