Anyone else perpetually sick?

Na Fan

I recently got sick for the first time in a long time, years in fact (I never got covid). I had the same symptoms as you had and concluded that it was probably RSV because there was no fever or body ache, just sore throat, nasal congestion, and a cough. I also tested negative for Covid.

It took me about a week to recover, which I thought was unusually long. I still get a cough from time to time but that might be due to the pollution. The three bugs going around are Covid, RSV, and the flu.  There are charts online to check the symptoms.

OP what you describe is either allergy or irritation from an environmental factor. Could be air pollution. Could be mold. Etc

Are any of the neighbors similatly affected? If not then suggest a careful examination of the house. 

40 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

OP what you describe is either allergy or irritation from an environmental factor. Could be air pollution. Could be mold. Etc

Are any of the neighbors similatly affected? If not then suggest a careful examination of the house. 

Mold you should be able to smell, and many resorts I have visited smells moldy, especially after lock down and covid.

13 hours ago, Hummin said:

Mold you should be able to smell, and many resorts I have visited smells moldy, especially after lock down and covid.

Long-term exposure to mould can have really horrible effects on your health. If you've exhausted all avenues and think your ongoing health issues could be due to mould, do a podcast search or YouTube search for Dr Jill Crista. She has a lot of information online about mould exposure and related illness. And if you really do think mould is the issue, her book "Break The Mold" is an excellent resource for those with mould illness and provides a road map on how to heal.

On 12/30/2022 at 10:25 AM, jaywalker2 said:

I recently got sick for the first time in a long time, years in fact (I never got covid). I had the same symptoms as you had and concluded that it was probably RSV because there was no fever or body ache, just sore throat, nasal congestion, and a cough. I also tested negative for Covid.

Same for me too. Went on for nearly 2 months both in Thailand and here in the UK. Think I might have picked it up before going to Thailand in October. Very many people here have similar. Cough, catarrh and nasal congestion. I'm only just over it now. Non smoker and not Covid. I thought it was Bronchitis at first so took antibiotics but no change so stopped and got no worse. Seasonal flu perhaps back after the CV19 pandemic? I really have no idea but felt worse than when I had Covid at beginning of the year.

On 12/30/2022 at 3:00 PM, VocalNeal said:

^ Well I suppose it might be akin to asking around for the price of stuff before actually going out to buy something????

Society's accumulated knowledge is built on the experience of others.????

Medicine in Thailand is a business.????

What <deleted>. Why don't you go and become a doctor, and then work for free?

• Haha 1

Allergies,  bad air smoke, exhaust fumes and possibly food issues. 

I was recently back in my home country and felt great for 3 weeks.  Even my skin seemed clearer.

Back here have similar symptoms as the OP and my skin has some breakouts, spots, etc.

I periodically conduct a personal stress test to determine where problems may be and address them before it has a debilitating affect on health.

The human body immune system turns off when under stress redirecting all energies to other areas.  So it is imperative to keep it under control.

Maybe you have an issue eating at you and don't even know it due to living your life.  Common life issues involve change in marital status,  work problems, unexpected change in finances, children goofing off, grand children, change in residence, among many others.  Online self tests are available to see where the fire is.

I hope you shake this unpleasantness off and you are feeling better soon.

11 hours ago, Mark Nothing said:

I periodically conduct a personal stress test to determine where problems may be and address them before it has a debilitating affect on health.

The human body immune system turns off when under stress redirecting all energies to other areas.  So it is imperative to keep it under control.

Maybe you have an issue eating at you and don't even know it due to living your life.  Common life issues involve change in marital status,  work problems, unexpected change in finances, children goofing off, grand children, change in residence, among many others.  Online self tests are available to see where the fire is.

I hope you shake this unpleasantness off and you are feeling better soon.

Do the online tests include having a Thai as a partner as one of the life issues?

Neti pot.  This model is carried in many pharmacies.  Use bottled sterile saline.  Look online for instructions.  Use it two are three times a day for 5 days and see if you get some relief.  It should rinse out the pathogens or allergens in your nose and throat and perhaps will give your body a shot at healing. 

For those who think this is new-age junk science, mine was prescribed to me by a doctor at BKK Hospital in CM.  Consider it traditional medicine based.

s-l300-3473178298.png