Anutin Downplays Covid Regulations for Chinese Visitors

snoop1130

52 minutes ago, Salerno said:

The 52% and 38% testing positive on two flights into Milan where false positives I suppose or is Thailand special?

Thailand and its leaders always know best......except when they flip flop :cheesy:

• Like 1

as several countries around the world take measures as covid proof or test,Thailand will do nothing just to get the tourists back.. But what if several infected come and the infectiongrade is going up... Lockdowns again?? That will damage the country more than ask for vaccinationcertificates and/ or tests for the Chinese arrivals 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Like 1

10 hours ago, snoop1130 said:
10 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Minister of Public Health Anutin Charnvirakul has downplayed the need for special arrival regulations for Chinese tourists, stating that a sudden influx of Chinese visitors is anticipated to be gradual.

Tourism Authority of Thailand Governor Yuthasak Supasorn said this week that he expected Chinese tourists to begin arriving on January 5 and that approximately 300,000 would arrive in the first quarter of next year, which would benefit the tourism industry during the low season.

Contradictions in the above statements. How can a "sudden influx" be "gradual"? Low season does not start properly until May so 5th month (not first quarter) anyhow.

About 3,000 Chinese arrivals per day into where? Chiang Mai, Don Mueang, Suvarnabhumi and Phuket? Where else? After one to two weeks will they be leaving? 

Edited by soi3eddie
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, edwardandtubs said:

Care to share your problem? Everyone else seems to have had no problem getting their booster.

For the initial (Sinovac) jab, I was refused, (foreigner), then it was administered July 2021 when I was admitted to the main provincial hospital for an operation. I had my second jab there in November, took two attempts (we have no records so wait and see what is available at the end of the session). They could not provide any paperwork to certify the vaccination  because as I understand it the "ad hoc" nature of the initial vaccination meant they had no record. No paperwork no booster. The provincial hospital says it is up to the local hospital, they say that they can not do it without the paperwork. Bureaucratic impasse.

Edited by herfiehandbag

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Minister of Public Health Anutin Charnvirakul has downplayed the need for special arrival regulations for Chinese tourists, stating that a sudden influx of Chinese visitors is anticipated to be gradual.

Ah, one of those sudden gradual influxes ....

5 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

For the initial (Sinovac) jab, I was refused, (foreigner), then it was administered July 2021 when I was admitted to the main provincial hospital for an operation. I had my second jab there in November, took two attempts (we have no records so wait and see what is available at the end of the session). They could not provide any paperwork to certify the vaccination  because as I understand it the "ad hoc" nature of the initial vaccination meant they had no record. No paperwork no booster. The provincial hospital says it is up to the local hospital, they say that they can not do it without the paperwork. Bureaucratic impasse.

I would try another hospital but don't mention the previous sinovac doses. You'll be given an mRNA or astrazenecca vaccine as I believe they've stopped using sinovac.

Or get yourself to one of these walk-in centres. 

https://members.bccthai.com/BCCT/asp/news.asp?NewsID=1101&SponsorID=0

Again, just tell them you haven't received any vaccine yet.

Edited by edwardandtubs
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

the fact that China wanted to proceed/apply a Zero Covid policy meant the virus didn't circulate between their population thus very restricted quantity of variants and also they didn't detected many infections, now they let/allow the population to circulate within China the quantity of infections is skyrocketing within China, now let's just imagine what it would happen to the outside China world when they start to travel internationally, the infections will jump back to the beginning of the epidemic end of 2019 and we all be at risk unless China decides to start using Western made vaccines, which so far, they keep declining, to day at lunch time there was well known doctor explaining that the Chinese vaccines are non performing or not as good as  Western ones, he got Chinese vaccines provided by government of Mongolia, tested and compare them to the Astra Zeneca and said the results are clear and not advising anybody to use the Sinovac or Sinopharm vaccines or any other vaccines from China

I wonder who he believes. China who reports 1 death per day or the western medias, who reports a current up to 9,000 deaths from Covid 19 per day in China.

Edited by Xonax
  • Thanks 1