Prince Harry tells Anderson Cooper why he’s not stepping out of the limelight

Scott

1 minute ago, Photoguy21 said:

That narcist of Meghan wanted to join the Royal family to get the name and use it for her own ends. Harry was dumb enough to believe her as well. When Meghan realised she was not the most important person she wanted out. If they want to live their own life good for them but stop using the titles.

Rubbish. See how that epithet works?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Photoguy21 said:

That narcist of Meghan wanted to join the Royal family to get the name and use it for her own ends. Harry was dumb enough to believe her as well. When Meghan realised she was not the most important person she wanted out. If they want to live their own life good for them but stop using the titles.

Link to where Harry or Meghan ever said that.

On the contrary, they are widely reported o have complained about racism.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Perhaps your comprehension needs a little work rather than my comments. Yes I've seen his fancy dress clothing at the costume party before:

You've already discussed that on this thread right?

He said afterwards:

"All I wanted to do was make it right. I sat down spoke to the Chief Rabbi in London, which had a profound impact on me. I went to Berlin and spoke to a Holocaust survivor. I could have just ignored it and gone on and made the same mistakes over and over again in my life. But I learned from that."

I'll just wait for your response now, "well he would say that"............

We both know he could hardly go about his new role as the holier than thou member of the Wokerati, preaching to others about racism without renouncing his own actions first, could he? 

As is so often the case "they are what they accuse you of being". Never a better example than the White millionaire prince with a history of racism preaching about white privilige and racism. ????

The private jet taking, SUV driving eco warrior preaching about climate change.

You couldn't make it up. Satire at it's finest.

• Like 2

Just now, JonnyF said:

We both know he could hardly go about his new role as the holier than thou member of the Wokerati, preaching to others about racism without renouncing his own actions first, could he? 

As is so often the case "they are what they accuse you of being". Never a better example than the White millionaire prince with a history of racism preaching about white privilige and racism. ????

The private jet taking, SUV driving eco warrior preaching about climate change.

You couldn't make it up. Satire at it's finest.

When did he start his  "new role as the holier than thou member of the Wokerati" ?

When did he:

"sit down and spoke to the Chief Rabbi in London, which had a profound impact on me. I went to Berlin and spoke to a Holocaust survivor. I could have just ignored it and gone on and made the same mistakes over and over again in my life."

I appreciate you're finding this hilarious but try a little clarification in your posts

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Rubbish. See how that epithet works?

Pure hypocrisy.

"Hey, I'm all about climate change and like, denouncing white privilige yah. Is the interview over? OK, fab. Hey Geoffrey, get the keys to the Rolls, my private jet to the polo match takes off in like, 30 minutes yah".

Ludicrous. ???? Hence the wide spread mockery of this couple. Well deserved too, let's hope they get some good advice and get out of the limelight for a while.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

they are widely reported o have complained about racism

Did they? When?

I 'm aware there was a report about one member of the royal family speculated what the couple's first baby would look like.Details were very vague and Harry/Meghan contradicted each other on this subject when "interviewed" by Oprah. I find it difficult to get worked up on this particular issue not least because it's a conversation I have had with my own Thai wife - actually she in initiated it - about my first child.I suspect many members of the forum have had similar conversations.

Racism is an easy card to play these days.Once dealt it lies there sizzling and any attempts to refute often just make matters worse.Take for example William's advice that Harry should take his time with Meghan - surely not racism but brotherly concern that a divorced American actress needed a bit of time.

My hunch is that the problem was more about class and culture, and Harry's understandably thin skin about almost everything.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jayboy said:

Did they? When?

I 'm aware there was a report about one member of the royal family speculated what the couple's first baby would look like.Details were very vague and Harry/Meghan contradicted each other on this subject when "interviewed" by Oprah. I find it difficult to get worked up on this particular issue not least because it's a conversation I have had with my own Thai wife - actually she in initiated it - about my first child.I suspect many members of the forum have had similar conversations.

Racism is an easy card to play these days.Once dealt it lies there sizzling and any attempts to refute often just make matters worse.Take for example William's advice that Harry should take his time with Meghan - surely not racism but brotherly concern that a divorced American actress needed a bit of time.

My hunch is that the problem was more about class and culture, and Harry's understandably thin skin about almost everything.

Here is just one. You could have done a search.

https://www.lemonde.fr/en/united-kingdom/article/2022/12/09/harry-and-meghan-repeat-accusations-of-racism-against-royal-family_6007201_135.html

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Not evidence I'm afraid - just accusations by Harry of unconscious bias.What's needed are actual examples of racism from the royal family not just generalized psychobabble.

Now I come to think of it there is one example of Princess Michael of Kent (Princess Pushy, once described by the late Queen as "too grand for us") wearing a brooch which may or may not have been offensive, a Saracen's head or something like that.

It's true that the British tabloid press is feral and I agree used racist tropes.But they are foul about many people.

7 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Harry and Megan just keep going on about racism and how the palace don't understand and how they need protection and racism racism racism..........................and they don't seem to give any example , they just keep going on about racism all the time 

• Like 2

Just now, jayboy said:

Not evidence I'm afraid - just accusations by Harry of unconscious bias.What's needed are actual examples of racism from the royal family not just generalized psychobabble.

Now I come to think of it there is one example of Princess Michael of Kent (Princess Pushy, once described by the late Queen as "too grand for us") wearing a brooch which may or may not have been offensive, a Saracen's head or something like that.

It's true that the British tabloid press is feral and I agree used racist tropes.But they are foul about many people.

I said they had complained of racism in the royal family. That was in response to a claim that their wish to estrange themselves was due to spurious, unattributed other reasons. Try to read more concisely.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I said they had complained of racism in the royal family. That was in response to a claim that their wish to estrange themselves was due to spurious, unattributed other reasons. Try to read more concisely.

And there's no racism in the USA ?

They left racism behind and moved to the USA where there's no racism ? 

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

That racism isn't directed at them from their own family. I'm sure you understand the difference. Stop straw clutching.

You keep making that false accusation .

There has not been any racism directed at them from the Royal Family .

You have previously been asked to provide evidence of your accusations and you haven't done so 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

No kinda like:

During a walkabout at an Edinburgh electronics factory, Prince Philip remarked that a fusebox bursting with wires looked "as if it was put in by an Indian". His remark prompted immediate condemnation.

Kumar Murshid, who chairs the national assembly against racism, said the prince's comments were disgraceful. "This sort of thing is of great concern to us because people expect the royal family to set an example," he said.

Kumar Mashid would have done a lot better to have actually found out who DID put that fuse box in and go on from there.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

But you have not been able to identify any examples of racism in the royal family. Harry himself has given a full account of the reasons for leaving, as he saw them.These cover many factors other than racism - are these spurious as well?

I am not sure what you mean by suggesting I read more concisely.

• Like 1

The old Accident of Birth works both ways.

One can be born a female in rural Bangladesh or be draft age in russia today, and life just isn't going to be comfortable. On the other end of the spectrum one can be adored merely for being born, hardly an accomplishment.

One is unfair but a function of a random Universe, the other is a man made silly anachronism best left in the dustbin of history.

What baffles me---then again not so much---is that there are females in my own democratic country enamored of the whole royal thing.

But you have not been able to identify any examples of racism in the royal family. Harry himself has given a full account of the reasons for leaving, as he saw them.These cover many factors other than racism - are these spurious as well?

I am not sure what you mean by suggesting I read more concisely.

His reasons for leaving include accusations of racism. It's not for me to establish if he is lying or not.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Please read the thread.

I've read it and assume you have too.

Let's therefore recognize the failure to provide one example of proven racism within the royal family.Perhaps an example will emerge but so far nothing.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, alien365 said:

Just look at the number of people who went to pay their respects to the late queen and you will get an idea. The royal family is part of British culture that many are proud of. While politicians are busy bickering and point scoring, most of the royal family don't lower themselves to that level. The royal family are like the stiff upper lip of British society, that Harry seems intent on destroying.

Yes this data indicating such successful brain washing and tradition BS saddened me. 

• Haha 2

I've read it and assume you have too.

Let's therefore recognize the failure to provide one example of proven racism within the royal family.Perhaps an example will emerge but so far nothing.

My comment about reading concisely was not taken by you. I said Harry and Meghan left because they ACCUSED racism in the royal family. Proving that those incidents occurred is not relevant to their motives.

Just now, Elkski said:

Yes this data indicating such successful brain washing and tradition BS saddened me. 

Since when has British culture been "successful brain washing and tradition BS saddened me" Those who went to mourn the Queens loss were not brainwashed.

I'm personally proud of the Royal Family, all of them except dear old Andy but that's off topic.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

My comment about reading concisely was not taken by you. I said Harry and Meghan left because they ACCUSED racism in the royal family. Proving that those incidents occurred is not relevant to their motives.

What "incidents are you  referring to ?

• Like 1