UPDATE: Police Identify prime Suspect in Murder of British Ex-pat in Pattaya Area

webfact

10 hours ago, dj230 said:

Dam the video is pretty crazy, seems like a pretty experienced shooter.

drove ahead, got out, shot the guy, was back in the car and gone within 10 seconds 

Just some road rage.  No need to look any further into it.   ????  

10 hours ago, internationalism said:

this 1.8km chase on the roads and ending up just 500m from shooters home is too much for coincidence.

That white car driver could easily knock down motorbike from behind to look like an accident. Without need to shoot 

But that would cause some damage to his vehicle.  Why do that, when you can shoot? 

9 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I saw another claiming they had a dispute in the village a week before.....road rage sounds more likely. 

I've heard they were known to each other, which is interesting, given police stated they knew the motive, but couldn't / wouldn't say what it was, before they knew the identity of the shooter. 

11 hours ago, Antti said:

The honking the horn part sounds a bit sus. Don't those scooters usually have a "horn" that is weaker than your average door bell. Hardly the same as a typical car horn. Who would even bother honking a scooter horn? 

They are loud enough to be heard by some guy driving with the window down and his arm hanging out holding a gun!

13 hours ago, gomangosteen said:

Note: Daily Mail is blocked in Thailand for past publication of articles regarding royalty.

12 hours ago, gomangosteen said:

Hi, my error on above, seems blocked on TOT but available on AIS ... sorted ok!

Not blocked using my fiber TOT.

22 hours ago, RafPinto said:

Hang this piece of sh.

No he is just a murderer right, he can be released in 5 years to do the same again with relates of the deceased. But if he was using some ketamine and had 20 XTC pills, you can be assured he is gone for 10-15 years.

3 hours ago, petermik said:

You heard wrong BS Neil did not know this man......so much speculation and drivel being assumed by numpties on here......I as Neils friend am in contact with his sister in the UK who in turn is being updated by the British Consulate here in Bangkok, the  gunman is from an influential family with money and this could lead anywhere sadly.....he turned himself into the police with his lawyer in tow yesterday morning and admitted the crime but in his defence blamed Neil for his actions in provoking the situation.....there were only two people who knew exactly what happened and one is dead......so all the part time sleuths on here please give it a rest.

R.I.P. Neil

Influential with money - - - 

case already closed, a terrible accident as the British guy jumped in front of the gun as it was discharged - - - 3 times. 

17 hours ago, gomangosteen said:

Note: Daily Mail is blocked in Thailand for past publication of articles regarding royalty.

Note: Daily Mail works fine from AIS in Bangkok, no VPN.

Edited by n00dle

4 hours ago, petermik said:

You heard wrong BS

Yes, I took this rumor with a grain of salt, but did consider the possibility.

4 hours ago, petermik said:

I as Neils friend am in contact with his sister in the UK who in turn is being updated by the British Consulate here in Bangkok, the  gunman is from an influential family with money and this could lead anywhere sadly.....he turned himself into the police with his lawyer in tow yesterday morning and admitted the crime but in his defence blamed Neil for his actions in provoking the situation..

I have suggested he was possibly high on drugs at the time, hence, the drive off, and surrender at a later time.

I wonder if he would have committed the same crime, for the same action, if the rider was Thai, and not a farang.  We will never know.  

To live to the ripe old age of 70 and living large rockin' a scooter down the highway of some Third World country and to have it all come to an end being gunned down in the middle of the road...so sad.

21 hours ago, Antti said:

Too bad his family doesn't sell energy drinks.

On 1/7/2023 at 5:20 AM, KhunBENQ said:

Thais on the road are powder kegs with a short fuse.

Only on the road?

any excuse for a thai bash...

road rage happens in every country

for gun rage just read about the gun related incidents in the usa

it's human nature, some people can control their emotions, some can't.

Alas, I fear the shooter's "punishment" has already been decided/negotiated with the police, hence his surrender to them with his lawyer in tow. A big fine to the police and a compensation payment to the victim's family would be likeliest.

4 hours ago, it is what it is said:

We are in Thailand and this is a Thai forum. We don't care what happens in the US of A. 

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

I am not from a country where road rage is fought with guns and every "Tom, Dick and Harry" has a gun.

Your country maybe, so don't generalize and distract.

Correct.

• Like 2

On 1/7/2023 at 6:40 PM, Antti said:

The honking the horn part sounds a bit sus. Don't those scooters usually have a "horn" that is weaker than your average door bell. Hardly the same as a typical car horn. Who would even bother honking a scooter horn? 

Beeping the horn would be more accurate but we only have the murderer's word for that anyway.

6 hours ago, it is what it is said:

The ‘parenting culture’ in some countries does not provide children with sufficient emotional tools and development not to be a ‘powder keg’ in the face of criticism or loss of face....  

We’d be accused of ‘bashing’ any of the countries we think may be known for this... but I’ll stick my neck out and suggest that ‘little prince syndrome’ is something that is enabled rather than avoided by many parents in Thailand..... (and some other countries / cultures)...   what happens when children grow up without being given the emotional toolbox to handle disappointment, criticism and loss of face ????.....    ...explosive temper tantrums in adults...   

... Yes, happens in the West too... but to the same degree ?... 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, champers said:

Alas, I fear the shooter's "punishment" has already been decided/negotiated with the police, hence his surrender to them with his lawyer in tow. A big fine to the police and a compensation payment to the victim's family would be likeliest.

The victim's family are British.  Do you think they will accept blood money?  Even if they did, Thailand runs the risk of the whole thing being exposed, from afar, should the family decide to go public. 

Should "the deal" be put to the Thai missus, and she accepts, I mean, why wouldn't she, what's stopping the family back in the UK going public with the injustice, also? 

5 minutes ago, Leaver said:

The victim's family are British.  Do you think they will accept blood money?  Even if they did, Thailand runs the risk of the whole thing being exposed, from afar, should the family decide to go public. 

Should "the deal" be put to the Thai missus, and she accepts, I mean, why wouldn't she, what's stopping the family back in the UK going public with the injustice, also? 

Nothing... it’ll just be ‘bad press’....   Those in positions of power don’t care about international bad press unless its a ‘farang bringing Thailand into disrepute’.... Just look at the Vorayuth "Boss” Yoovidhya case, so much bad press but when it comes to the crunch, no one cares. 

• Like 2