Famous Bargirl Lies

Danderman123

5 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I am sure it also depends a lot on the customer.

Some guys treat them like humans and maybe like a girlfriend.

Other treat them like slaves.

True. And speaking even broken Thai enables a connection and will save you thousands 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, xenophon said:

Been surprised over the decades how so many Thais, despite the lies that go with the trade, are not into the classic prostitute profile - "hard faced, cold hearted, money only bitch" stereotype (think 'Russian'). After about 3 times, many develop a genuine, tolerably mercantile, affection for the customer. Always a nice surprise.

Had regular pleasant exchanges of sex, money and lies, usually at unconventional, unpredictable hours, e.g. afternoon, very very late, or even morning: 'can i come see you?' 'Ok but mi ha loi baht na' "OK, me downstair". Very nice.

They change very quickly, can be a week, first time or few times they treat you like a boyfriend, you know, that sniffing thing they do

45 minutes ago, Adumbration said:

I have a good mate who is currently searching desperately for a partner.  He is a heavy smoker and drinker, fat, ugly old, and bald.

I never tried online dating - that happened after I met my gf.

But I am pretty sure even if I would look for a girl I wouldn't try online. Why? Because the girls who I want don't need to go online to meet guys. And if they were online, then they would be contacted by lots of guys who are younger and fitter than me. They would never even send me a message.

IMHO the only way around this is talking to girls in real life. And maybe, after seeing them maybe a couple of times (in a shop or a bar or restaurant or wherever) then they are willing to go for a date because that guy seems to be nice/rich whatever. 

And desperately searching is obviously the worst scenario. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, xenophon said:

Been surprised over the decades how so many Thais, despite the lies that go with the trade, are not into the classic prostitute profile - "hard faced, cold hearted, money only bitch" stereotype (think 'Russian'). After about 3 times, many develop a genuine, tolerably mercantile, affection for the customer. Always a nice surprise.

maybe thats why many guys end up dating them long-term / marrying them. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pomchop said:

And of course none of the guys ever lie to girls.

Bargirls are surprisingly credulous when subjected to customer lies. Partially because they don't care.

I knew one lady who had a foreign "boyfriend" who came to Thailand for three months every year. She went with him for 12 years. He paid her very little during those 3 months.

He never told her his real name, he used a variant of his name, including on a Facebook account. She didn't really care to know his real name. 

2 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Bargirls are surprisingly credulous when subjected to customer lies. Partially because they don't care.

I knew one lady who had a foreign "boyfriend" who came to Thailand for three months every year. She went with him for 12 years. He paid her very little during those 3 months.

He never told her his real name, he used a variant of his name, including on a Facebook account. She didn't really care to know his real name. 

Not many occupations where you can get an all expenses paid 3 month holiday a year, then do it again next week, with another customer.  ???? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Adumbration said:

You guys get lied to because you have not taken the time and made the effort to learn Thai.  All bar girls lie but it is frankly amazing how much more candid they are with you when you speak fluent Thai.

I have a good mate who is currently searching desperately for a partner.  He is a heavy smoker and drinker, fat, ugly old, and bald.

Over the last six months he has travelled all over Thailand from Non Khai in the North to Phuket in the South, Bangkok, Patts and Hua Hin meeting up with girls he has met online.

He has met around a dozen or more girls on my count, maybe more I don't know about.

He is continually asking me to act as translator because he has no Thai.

It is downright depressing when I speak with his girls, they openly deride him and tell me they are just in it for the money.  I do not tell him what they say because I have been here a very long time and have been down that road many times.

He was off to Patong last night to meet another potential wife.  I will have to call him to see how that panned out.

That works out great for you. You violate all the woman your mate is interested in. You tell him nothing. They all secretly prefer you anyways.

1 hour ago, London Lowf said:

I've been bar-flying in Patong for a few years but I still get caught out. Last visit I was having a beer in one of my favourite bars and a couple of the girls gave me a thumbs up - it was very noisy and so I assumed they were just trying to extend a "Hi". A couple of minutes later a new tab was dropped in my bin with a couple of ladydrinks on it - apparently, my returned thumbs up was an acceptance to buy them drinks. Doh!

That was not a thumb, it was a dick.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, London Lowf said:

I've been bar-flying in Patong for a few years but I still get caught out. Last visit I was having a beer in one of my favourite bars and a couple of the girls gave me a thumbs up - it was very noisy and so I assumed they were just trying to extend a "Hi". A couple of minutes later a new tab was dropped in my bin with a couple of ladydrinks on it - apparently, my returned thumbs up was an acceptance to buy them drinks. Doh!

They all asked you: Do you want to have sex with us all together for a round of lady drinks.

You agreed, you paid the drinks, but it seems you didn't understand the rest of the message. ???? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

Jeez, not that old smug chestnut again. I say that is nonsense.... 

Bargirls might like a bit of chat but Pattaya is a tourist town, and generally they prefer tourists, those who 'do not know too much'! Those who might just believe their lies!

And the customers want to hear lies: You are so strong, nobody made me happy like you, I want to stay with you long time, I don't want to go with other men again, ...

It seems most lies are perfectly fine with most men.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Yes, they sometimes get all wrapped up and luvvy duvvy.... that wonderful holiday romance! Damn these girls can be good!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And the customers want to hear lies: You are so strong, nobody made me happy like you, I want to stay with you long time, I don't want to go with other men again, ...

i like it when they do that sniffing thing

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Yes, they sometimes get all wrapped up and luvvy duvvy.... that wonderful holiday romance! Damn these girls can be good!

I know a bargirl who turns into a girlfriend for every customer (she usually goes with customers for a couple of weeks at a time). Specifically, a clingy girlfriend. 

At first I thought it was just marketing on her part, but after talking to her for a long time, she told me that her father abandoned her at a young age. 

So, its probably not marketing that causes her to cling to men. 

4 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Yeah, I know lady who tells me that, but I ignore her, because of her 19 year old boyfriend. 

19 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I never tried online dating - that happened after I met my gf.

But I am pretty sure even if I would look for a girl I wouldn't try online. Why? Because the girls who I want don't need to go online to meet guys. And if they were online, then they would be contacted by lots of guys who are younger and fitter than me. They would never even send me a message.

IMHO the only way around this is talking to girls in real life. And maybe, after seeing them maybe a couple of times (in a shop or a bar or restaurant or wherever) then they are willing to go for a date because that guy seems to be nice/rich whatever. 

And desperately searching is obviously the worst scenario. 

And so....back to my original point on this thread...how do you "talk to girls in real life" when you don't speak even basic Thai?  Sure...some Thai girls that are not bar girls speak some English but those girls are educated and/or worldly and will show zero interest in a Singha wife beater wearing old, fat and bald farang.

And yes, my mate wears wife beaters, I have told him repeatedly that just changing his wadrobe would increase his chances significantly but he just does not listen.  He also asked me to tutor him in Thai but he gave up after four lessons.

Just recently he had a girl, late thirties, about a 7 in appearance, genuine widower that he brought to meet me.  She had zero English and he was communicating with her entirely using google translate on his phone.  It was rather sad.  The girl told me it was impossible and also she could not cope with his smoking.  He smokes 4-5 packs a day.

Edited by Adumbration
  • Haha 1

On 1/7/2023 at 10:09 PM, Leaver said:

"I work bar 1 week."  ???? 

I was in a bar one time and knew mamasan, i.e., bought her some drinks now and then, and asked for a very fun/naughty girl. She brought over a cutie. I asked her "how long did you work here?" she said 1 week, so I threw her back.

the mama came over and asked what was wrong. I said I wanted a very naughty girl, and that girl was only in the bar 1 week. She said, yes, this bar 1 week. She worked at another bar 2 years already..."

• Like 1