Holiday Gone Wrong: British man claims he was tortured in Thailand Jail

webfact

5 minutes ago, twizzian said:

The ‘Sun newspaper’ Says it all really, utter trash

Well for the news paper ( the sun ), sure 100%

But for the story, maybe a nasty thing has gone down, in the land of frowns.

Edited by Orinoco
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Elkski said:

It is a basic human right for a person to not to speak to police or answer questions until he has representative present. 

Thailands expats are all rolling on the floor now and can't stop laugh.

#HumanRights????????????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Tortured for what his ATM cards PIN....lol.  2 days after being drugged he was still in a stupor, think not...maybe was using drugs with some ladies of the night and found himself unable to pay the bill and the drug dealer/pimp tuned him up.....waiting to hear the real story.

7 hours ago, webfact said:

British authorities are now investigating the allegations he was brutally mistreated by Thai police.

So there is hope that all these British beer/quality tourists stay at home ????

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Dogmatix said:

Why are we not surprised by that and why do we not expect anything from the "investigations by British authorities"?

We saw what British authorities are capable in their desperation to get trade benefits for their sinking economy when the British foreign office and police jointed hands with corrupt Thai police and Southern mafia to frame two Burmese for the brutal murders of two British kids in order to let the son of a local mafioso on Murder Island off the hook. The British coroner even mumbled some nonsense about being careful not to jeopardise relations with Thailand.

Befuddles me why so many Brits still go to Koh Tao after the incident above.  I've boycotted the place since I don't feel like giving this island any money after these shenanigans.  

Boycott the place and let their economy go to hell.  Let others know too.

• Thumbs Up 2

8 hours ago, PeachCH said:

Don't believe a word! 

Yep.

Im a person who understands Thailand fairly well - relatively speaking - but this all sounds silly.  

People who have all these stories have them all their lives - generally speaking.  

So there's one side of the story.  I bet the other side of the story is interesting too.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Aussieroaming said:

If he was drunk and drugged up they might have just put him in a cell until he was coherent. Anyway glad that he is out and can mend over time.

They did but he was fighting the police and set fire to his cell, any more good ideas? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

What is normal? The part he was drugged, the part he set fire to his cell, the part he confronted the mugger while drugged, the part the muggers had his pin code? 

I have been pretty drunk sometimes over the years, met many policemen and never had a problem in 40 years.

I've crossed the road many times drunk. Never been ran over. Does that mean nobody else can be ran over drunk too?

If this story is true, the only way to get any sort of resolution, would be to personally go after the rotten cops. The legal system here is rotten to the core, the government protects these goons at all levels, and they think they are untouchable. Ha! 

• Like 1

If true, this is a horror story of extreme Thai police corruption and akin to the Joe Ferrari style brutality.

A proper investigation of course would be able to gather evidence to indicate whether or not this man's account of events is indeed true, partially true or untrue.

If it was indeed true however, a proper investigation would not likely occur.  A Catch 22 of sorts to make this man's report open to continual speculation. 

I don't know what to believe, but I don't believe that Thai cops go around beating farangs up without a reason.

There has to be more to this than published.

BTW, I've been aware of the spiked drinks thing for over 30 years. Do people really go traveling without any sense of caution these days?

18 hours ago, Elkski said:

This guy may have been causing harm to that turf, and the order to stop it was given.  I never took fancy vacations when I had less than 12 months wages in the bank checking acct at that time. 

12 months wages to suck out of your account once you hand over your pin..............