ORDER CANCELLED ! NO PROOF REQUIRED ! - ANUTIN

Social Media

1 hour ago, John Drake said:

Why doesn't he apologize before all the people who lost money, were kept off flights, and had their holidays ruined? No, he's celebrating with the Chinese instead.

do these people really exist, or is it a maybe some people missed flights, are there any reports of this happening

Just now, steve187 said:

do these people really exist, or is it a maybe some people missed flights, are there any reports of this happening

Reports of people being refused boarding on a flight from Istanbul to BKK elsewhere on Forum.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DavisH said:

The next flip flop will come when 50% of the tourists come off the plane coughing and spluttering eveywhere. If they are asked to test in the airport, and are positive? Then what? Or will they be allowed out and jump in a taxi? I guess they haven't thought about that yet. 

The thing is the airlines may want to enforce it if they have not been told anything else. 

7 minutes ago, Photoguy21 said:

The thing is the airlines may want to enforce it if they have not been told anything else. 

They must be tearing their hair out!

I flew out of Adelaide to BKK via SIN early July last year. The check in chic demanded an insurance cert. took 15 minutes to convince her it was quashed 30th June. Pity the poor travellers lined up behind me!

Thai BS continues.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

I was in BKK over the New Year weekend. I saw large groups of happy, excited Chinese at Chatuchak. They've been dying to travel after 3 years. At the SuperRich at Asok BTS outside of T21, the line of them went all the way down the corridor. They've brought plenty of these guys to convert to Thai baht. Once the authorities were reminded of this being impeded, they came to their senses.

images - 2023-01-09T161504.132.jpeg

Speaking of this currency, I was recently in Singapore at a money exchange.  There was lady in front for me who presented a stack o these bills and the exchange clerk was not pleased.  When it came to my turn I presented 3 Benjamin’s Franklin Notes($100) and I got the best service that I never get in LOS.  Also, I counted at least 3 other people(they did not sound American) who also presented Ben Franklins as well.  No matter where in the world I have been the Ben Franklins still seem to be very popular.  It appears the “Mao Zedong” note still has a way to go before it become the “king of currencies.

If you from land of Mao I do not mean to insult you.  Just a little anecdote. 
”.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, John Drake said:

Why would anyone share this announcement with a friend, just to find it reversed again a few hours later and your friend never speaking to you again?

Oh so now we don't need to be vaccinated.  Oh lovely LOL!  ????  

This will get reversed too.  Don't worry, this is only the end of the first inning.  We've got eight more to go!  

In order to get into public office in Thailand it's not necessary but preferable that you be dropped on your head a minimum of ten times as an infant.  

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, fittobethaied said:

This problem seems to be endemic in Thailand. People make decisions all day long and fail to consider the consequences of their actions. They can't seem to be able to "anticipate" and can't see past the nose on their face.

Exactly the same can be said about people in Western countries, of course.

• Haha 1

Isn't it rich?
Are we a pair?
Me here at last on the ground
You in mid-air
Send in the clowns

Isn't it bliss?
Don't you approve?
One who keeps tearing around
One who can't move
Where are the clowns?
Send in the clowns

Just when I stopped
Opening doors
Finally knowing the one that I wanted was yours
Making my entrance again with my usual flair
Sure of my lines
Noone is there
Don't you love a farce?
My fault, I fear
I thought that you'd want what I want
Sorry my dear
But where are the clowns?
Send in the clowns

Don't bother
They're here
Isn't it rich?
Isn't it queer?
Losing my timing this late
In my career
Where are the clowns?
There ought to be clowns
Well, maybe next year ????????????

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Was Anutin's cancellation announcement today agreed and backup-ed from the other ministries and the government?

I have my doubts about that. At the weekend, the CAAT sent letters with the new “entry regulations” to all airlines worldwide, starting on January 9th. On the same day, the health minister appeared in front of the press at the airport and said that the new entry regulations no longer apply immediately. That seems quite thoughtless, haphazard, unguided, unthought-out, improvised and chaotic on the part of the state leadership.

Edited by tomacht8
  • Like 2

As posted yesterday in a related column:

The last time, it could be argued they were inexperienced. This time? And you could make a further argument that the entire bunch, especially Anutin, were incompetent.

But now? Don't people learn from experience? Isn't that just simple evolution? Incompetence is no longer an excuse. Stupidity, arrogance, and perhaps indifference, yes. Maybe these guys are simply too rich to care. 

They certainly are some of the greatest flip flippers around. Indecision, fear and stupidity are a lethal combination. So are arrogance, malice, and being too rich to care. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, DaLa said:

No news on the insurance requirement, which was completely confusing information.  I'll put it down to translation problems.

According to the TAT website, the insurance requirement still remains.

https://www.tatnews.org/2023/01/thailand-maintains-fully-reopen-entry-rules/

This is going to catch a lot of people out, mainly those coming from China. I'm one of them and still confused as to whether I need it for my 'self transfer' in Singapore. Air Asia still hasn't updated it's website to reflect the most recent changes.

image.png.301f5b40b42f04d51ba65b05ab6db33d.png

https://support.airasia.com/s/article/Travel-Requirements-Thailand?language=en_GB

Edited by GanDoonToonPet

10 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

Was Anutin's cancellation announcement today agreed and backup-ed from the other ministries and the government?

I have my doubts about that. At the weekend, the CAAT sent letters with the new “entry regulations” to all airlines worldwide, starting on January 9th. On the same day, the health minister appeared in

front of the press at the airport and said that the new entry regulations no longer apply immediately. That seems quite thoughtless, haphazard, unguided, unthought-out, improvised and chaotic on the part of the state leadership.

You said it? Did anyone else know that Anutin was going to say the new entry regulations were canceled, in front of the press? Had it been discussed? If it had why would they have sent out the new entry regulations in the first place? is it going to change again, who knows?