Australian Woman Runs Over and Kills Street Painter in Pattaya

snoop1130

9 hours ago, JoseThailand said:

Why are you doing the prosecutor's job? The are a lot of circumstances. She must get a lawyer to defend herself in the best possible way. Of course I feel sorry for the deceased person and his family, but making the poor woman a scapegoat will not serve anything.

Poor woman / scapegoat? In broad daylight she drove over somebody, continued driving, not looking for help. If there was a cone most likely she wouldn't have seen that too.  The worker should get sympathy, not an idiot in a car.

Edited by FritsSikkink
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, shackleton said:

I think the lady concerned has enough problems sorting this tragic accident  out

Don't think it was intentional 

She has to live with this for the rest of her life 

RIP to the guy

Entirely agree. There may be no explanation/excuse for what she did but she'll regret it for the rest of her life. We've all done things we can't believe why we did them at the time but, fortunately, the outcome is usually much less serious. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Really?

There are at least three issues here.

a) she collided with a human on the street

b) she drove over him, maybe with two wheels one after the other

c) she didn't stop after that

IMHO b) and c) are the real bad parts. It is impossible to drive over "something that big" and not notice it.

And then it is criminal to not at least look what just happened.

Guilty!

How do you know the wheels went over him?  Maybe he went between the wheels and she really didn't feel any bump so why would she stop. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Wow, hard to imagine how she missed seeing him at the low speed she was traveling. She must be a shocking driver and a danger to anyone on the roads. He is partially responsible for painting in the middle of the accessway and not maintaining a general awareness of vehicles that might enter.

RIP to him and I hope she can forgive herself.

• Thumbs Up 1

59 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And why would he die if the wheels didn't touch him? 

Did you not notice the road clearance of the car she was driving,probably 8 inches max and the guy was probably dragged over the speed hump he was painting ,road clearance here would be 4 or 5 inches.

8 hours ago, sateuk said:
11 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Unmitigated garbage.

Thais run away from accidents all the time FACT

No, that is not a "fact", it's b0ll0cks.   A very small percentage may have done that but the Thai people do not do that "all the time" as matter of course.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Crushed or dragged by the metal bits between the wheels.... rear differential is usually low. 

I guess that is the reason why she didn't notice that she killed a guy: Officer, I didn't touch him with the wheels of the car. I dragged him with the rear differential. I had to put the put the foot on the gas, but I did it.

Sorry, I know there is nothing to laugh about this situation. But however she killed him pretending she didn't notice is just BS.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No, that is not a "fact", it's b0ll0cks.   A very small percentage may have done that but the Thai people do not do that "all the time" as matter of course.

Thai's themselves admit they do it. They're not bragging or making excuses, just stating that is what they (Thai) people normally do when faced with similar situations. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I guess that is the reason why she didn't notice that she killed a guy: Officer, I didn't touch him with the wheels of the car. I dragged him with the rear differential. I had to put the put the foot on the gas, but I did it.

Sorry, I know there is nothing to laugh about this situation. But however she killed him pretending she didn't notice is just BS.

She was probably too dense to comprehend what was going on. She sensed some resistance so she pushed the gas harder

• Like 1

20 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

Poor woman / scapegoat? In broad daylight she drove over somebody, continued driving, not looking for help. If there was a cone most likely she wouldn't have seen that too.  The worker should get sympathy, not an idiot in a car.

Have you actually been to the scene? I am guessing that you have not. It’s an awkward turn. Though I’m not sure as to how the barrier is activated nor what she was thinking when something was not as expected. 
Either way, a tragedy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NextG said:

Have you actually been to the scene? I am guessing that you have not. It’s an awkward turn. Though I’m not sure as to how the barrier is activated nor what she was thinking when something was not as expected. 
Either way, a tragedy. 

Do we need to be at the scene to identify that the lady ran slowly over a person in the road in broad daylight ? - there is no mitigating circumstance here, she make a fatal mistake either through inattention or through poor eyesight etc...   

The guy shouldn’t have been there, but he was - that in no way or form removes any blame or fault from the person who failed to look where they were driving. 

• Like 2

so did anyone do a blood test for booze or drugs?  It would seem that would be done immediately by the police for an event like this where someone died.

Bad enough that she killed the guy....even worse if drugged up...but without test done quickly guess nobody will know for sure.

6 hours ago, The Fugitive said:
16 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Thai's themselves admit they do it. They're not bragging or making excuses, just stating that is what they (Thai) people normally do when faced with similar situations. 

"...just stating that is what they (Thai) people normally do..."

No, what you are doing is wrongly asserting a generalised action by all Thais for which you have no evidence except a handful of reported cases where it has happened.    That would be what an infinitesimal percentage of all Thais have done. 

If you have some evidence that Thais generally do that then lets see it, if you haven't any evidence (and hearsay isn't evidence) your comment is factually nonsense.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

5 hours ago, NextG said:

Either way, a tragedy. 

The barrier????

From the still pic the barrier has risen maybe halfway,given that she is still negotiating her turn and is nowhere near the vehicle detection zone,it necessarily follows that it was raised manually,ergo security guy is not at toilet as he alleges but in the guard house operating the barrier in my opinion 

7 hours ago, NextG said:

Either way, a tragedy. 

The fact that it is an awkward turn which cannot be taken at speed should have given her more opportunity to see the guy in the road however it does look like he would be on her blind side as she's making the turn & if you watch the video you can see that the barrier is down when she starts to turn in & then raised (guessing by a Security Guard as she is nowhere near an automatic sensor) which presumably made her think it was OK to proceed straight ahead.  

https://thepattayanews.com/2023/01/12/australian-woman-runs-over-and-kills-street-painter-in-pattaya/

Tragic Accident...

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, NextG said:

The ones shouting the loudest should get themselves to the scene to survey the landscape for themselves before continuing on with their crusade. 

And those defending the driver perhaps need to look inwards and wonder why they are defending someone who ran over another person while going slowly in broad daylight. 

17 minutes ago, NextG said:

The gate opening on approach would  suggest ‘all clear’ to the driver, 

Wrong - nothing being in front of you suggests ‘all clear’ to a driver !!! 

If a barrier opens but there is a child stood there - its clearly not ‘all clear’.... 

The link is below - it seems impossible that the driver could not see the driver...  she obviously wasn’t looking, was distracted, on the phone etc...  but even after that she didn't notice... thats just extremely odd....  

Someone mentioned she should have been tested for drugs and I’d agree...  she should definitely be tested for benzodiazepine’s etc... 

https://thepattayanews.com/2023/01/12/australian-woman-runs-over-and-kills-street-painter-in-pattaya/

• Like 1

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

And those defending the driver perhaps need to look inwards and wonder why they are defending someone who ran over another person while going slowly in broad daylight. 

Wrong - nothing being in front of you suggests ‘all clear’ to a driver !!! 

If a barrier opens but there is a child stood there - its clearly not ‘all clear’.... 

The link is below - it seems impossible that the driver could not see the driver...  she obviously wasn’t looking, was distracted, on the phone etc...  but even after that she didn't notice... thats just extremely odd....  

Someone mentioned she should have been tested for drugs and I’d agree...  she should definitely be tested for benzodiazepine’s etc... 

Visit first, open mouth afterwards. 

• Thumbs Up 2