Foreigners Who Allegedly Attacked Thai Tourists on Samui Island Reportedly Relocated to Phuket

webfact

4 hours ago, Andycoops said:

It's all about saving face, they can't say they don't know, they can't admit responsibility for their actions, they can't say sorry etc...

It's a fragile ego culture from the top to the bottom.

The world hub of fudging it.

Complete shi_te.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

What happens when a group of cowardly Thais out number and attack farangs - very common, we all know the answer is nothing.

I find it amusing some Thais got a good kicking....

They're hunting the culprits down nationwide - spot the difference....

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

So much is missing in the article?

So what happen assumptions? 

Did a fight break out the loser reported it and big joke had to be called in?

If I was big joke in a land where loss of face they take the big off the Triad case and he flying around in a jet to solving a fist fight.  I like Big Joke to give me a call so I can explain how small this looks????

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Edwin Cameron said:

You must ask yourself why his nick-name is 'Big Joke' ? I would say self exoplanetary, like so many of these fools that put on a pretty uniform with lot's of 'Pips' and work to feather there own nest's.

You obviously have not been here long.  Bug joke is anything but he is probably the most trusted cop by expat and Thais.

If he is involved then it'll be interesting to see what happens.

Smart move getting them off the island.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Edwin Cameron said:

You must ask yourself why his nick-name is 'Big Joke' ? I would say self exoplanetary, like so many of these fools that put on a pretty uniform with lot's of 'Pips' and work to feather there own nest's.

It could mean that he is an extremely funny fellow, the centre of every social group because of his infectious sense of humour, his spontaneous delivery of great one liners and witty retorts. Perhaps his rapier wit has made him the Oscar Wilde of the RTP. But I suspect your explanation is closer to the truth.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Foghorn said:

A lorry ran into the back of my vehicle, the driver of lorry said I jammed my brakes on , a witness in truck said same , the police agreed, the insurance guys agreed, I went 30 meters up the road to a tyre place and gave them 300 baht for there cctv footage , it showed the lorry driver not slowing down  for the congestion,  insurance changed their mind and police just walked away , for Thais it pays to lie  because when caught out there are no consequences  . You can’t believe what they say .

So why is it when I was hit by a car when riding, the car driver admitted fault and the cops said it was his fault too? Plus, what has your story got to do with this news report?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, PremiumLane said:

So why is it when I was hit by a car when riding, the car driver admitted fault and the cops said it was his fault too? Plus, what has your story got to do with this news report?

So why is it when I was hit by a car when riding the car driver refused to admit fault, claimed I ran a red light and also claimed he was driving in a different direction. When cctv showed him to be a complete liar, he signed a statement admitting responsibility, agreed to pay compensation and was fined 400 baht. The day the first payment was due, he turned up at the police station and said he'd changed his mind and is was all the foreigners fault. I've never received a single baht from him.

We've all got different stories of things that have happened to us over the years here, none of them define the Thai people, there's good and there's bad.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Edwin Cameron said:

the big joke is that its not big " joke " but big " jok " - as in rice porridge . maybe learn to read and speak thai 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, rwill said:

According to an article on Thaiger they claimed to be part of a rich and powerful mafia group.  It started when one of the men stepped on the Thai womans foot and handbag while standing on a sofa to get a better view of the fireworks.

It does also state that other foreigners tried to help the Thai women and they were also attacked.

I'm not sure if you can Link Thaiger articles here so I did not.

The latest Thaiger story identified two of them as "Australian citizens." And says they poured beer over the mother's head. Australian mafia? Hmmm. 

Edited by John Drake
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

I noticed a very small private jet landing in Samui yesterday, looked much like a Cessna Mustang but can't be certain. Does this police chief travel by private business jet to investigate small time bar disputes and spats? Anyone know how he travelled to/from Samui?

Does it really matter that much to you?

After all, you won't have to pay for it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, thailand49 said:

So much is missing in the article?

So what happen assumptions? 

Did a fight break out the loser reported it and big joke had to be called in?

If I was big joke in a land where loss of face they take the big off the Triad case and he flying around in a jet to solving a fist fight.  I like Big Joke to give me a call so I can explain how small this looks????

Wow , you really think you’re something don’t you ?

10 hours ago, Foghorn said:

A lorry ran into the back of my vehicle, the driver of lorry said I jammed my brakes on , a witness in truck said same , the police agreed, the insurance guys agreed, I went 30 meters up the road to a tyre place and gave them 300 baht for there cctv footage , it showed the lorry driver not slowing down  for the congestion,  insurance changed their mind and police just walked away , for Thais it pays to lie  because when caught out there are no consequences  . You can’t believe what they say .

Well done to you. Incidentally,in most countries (that don’t have such appalling road deaths as Thailand )any car that runs into the back of you is defined by default as being to blame . The rationale being 'you should always drive at a distance from the car in front that you should be able to stop in time '. This includes even if the car braked heavily,as well it might in an emergency. More 'Thai logic' if even your insurers initially agreed liability on your behalf? ????‍♂️