Authentic American Diner in Pattaya - Tigglebitties

Social Media

1 minute ago, bang saen guy said:

Burritos are not Mexican. Where in Mexico did you find them? Tex-Mex is not Mexican

Simple burritos originated in Northern Mexican but what the world knows as burritos are greatly embellished from those. They are not part of Mexican food in the rest of Mexico. The basic concept is a large flour tortilla wrap. As said before large parts of the US NORTH of current Mexico used to be ... Mexico. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Jingthing said:

Simple burritos originated in Northern Mexican but what the world knows as burritos are greatly embellished from those. They are not part of Mexican food in the rest of Mexico. The basic concept is a large flour tortilla wrap. As said before large parts of the US NORTH of current Mexico used to be ... Mexico. 

Thanks for the history lesson. I am from south Texas and fully aware

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, bang saen guy said:

Thanks for the history lesson. I am from south Texas and fully aware

Well sure but based on what you wrote before, you didn't mention that a type of basic burrito is part of the food picture in Northern Mexico.  You asked where. That's where. But of course they are very different than international concepts of burritos today.

Edited by Jingthing

14 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Hey at least order once before you have the right to call it garbage...

Mex, Tex mex, Pattaya mex   who cares......The Mexican food is top-notch...And I used to live in Texas so I know Mexican food... I have had plenty...

I have always been perplexed by this.....the great love and hype of Mexican food from that area, I worked in both Texas and Mexico and the Tex/Mex food didn't really suit me.  Preferable in Texas, but I went more for BBQ and steaks.... My favourite stop off was a huge Chinese buffet in Houston area! Mexican food always looked so messy... regurgitated beans was rather unappetizing! I always put  it down as USA guys just looking for something different. 

I’ve been going for years and have had it delivered many times. It is Not expensive and the portions are large. The staff are very friendly and there is a huge variety of food available. They do not add any service charges as many other places are doing. American food can be anything depending on where you’re from. Well worth it in my opinion. It’s full most days I go for lunch so I’m sure they’re not going to miss the extra cheap Charlies or those with a different idea of what American cuisine is. 

7 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I have always been perplexed by this.....the great love and hype of Mexican food from that area, I worked in both Texas and Mexico and the Tex/Mex food didn't really suit me.  Preferable in Texas, but I went more for BBQ and steaks.... My favourite stop off was a huge Chinese buffet in Houston area! Mexican food always looked so messy... regurgitated beans was rather unappetizing! I always put  it down as USA guys just looking for something different. 

Not a big fan of the beans and rice myself, so, many dishes, 2/3 of the meal I don't even like.

Actually had Mexican last night, meat, veggies but wrapped up in a flatbread, but it had salsa in it, so I guess it was Mexican.  If it had a tzatziki sauce on it guess it would have been a Greek gyro,

• Haha 1

West Coast Mexico              PV ...  Acapulco     Guadalajara and West coast U,S             Texas  

California  are cousins in food prep                              Go to the Yucatan and the menu is very different.

27 minutes ago, AlQaholic said:

McDonald??

There is no genuin American food, unless you count native American cuisine. All food recipes are imported from various countries all over the world.

Just for starters. Where did your New England Clam Chowder originate from?  I could go on and on and not even get out of New England for more choices.  

15 hours ago, Doctor Tom said:

Sounds good to me, but I was led to believe that authentic American food is Italian? Certainty in Boston and California, . where I spend some time, that seemed to be the choice of most discerning people, but Greek or Mexican were joint second place.. 

Umm.  On your obviously long weekend only spent in Boston who or what led you to believe Italian food is authentic American food?  If you stayed a few more days and got your butt out of the North End you could have found a ton of local , amazing, original New England Cuisine.  Let me guess you probably don't even eat a lot of seafood? Or did you just spend heaps of time at Dunkin Donuts which is quite readily available everywhere in Boston? So many local New England recipes are healthy as well.  Minus the best Clam Chowder....but even that is ok in moderation. Since you're knocking American cuisine where are you from? 

2 hours ago, nana kid said:

West Coast Mexico              PV ...  Acapulco     Guadalajara and West coast U,S             Texas  

California  are cousins in food prep                              Go to the Yucatan and the menu is very different.

Yes Mexico is a big country and has many distinctive regional cuisines. Mexico City of course has it all but in Mexico both Oaxaca and Puebla are considered top regional foodie destinations. Of course in real life in real Mexico the it's all about rice and beans stereotype is completely false.

7 minutes ago, bang saen guy said:

Bottom line: Tigglebittie's serves good food at reasonable prices. Very consistent. My 2 favourite cuisines are Tex-Mex and Cajun. I miss real Mexican food. My wife says the Thai food at TB's is good.

Have you tried this Pratumnak place? I had a good gumbo from there.

https://cajunlifecafe.com/

Edited by Jingthing

7 minutes ago, bang saen guy said:

Have not. Seen the website. I make gumbo often. Made a pot last weekend. Wife loves it. Will give it a try. Thanks

I find their health food emphasis a disconnect with Cajun and Creole food but the gumbo wasn't a "diet" version.

21 minutes ago, bang saen guy said:

A health food emphasis might prevent me from going. At my age, I really don't care. All about taste

Like I said the gumbo is a normal recipe. They also have shrimp etouffe and po'boys with fried stuff. So not all health food.

3 hours ago, alex8912 said:

Umm.  On your obviously long weekend only spent in Boston who or what led you to believe Italian food is authentic American food?  If you stayed a few more days and got your butt out of the North End you could have found a ton of local , amazing, original New England Cuisine.  Let me guess you probably don't even eat a lot of seafood? Or did you just spend heaps of time at Dunkin Donuts which is quite readily available everywhere in Boston? So many local New England recipes are healthy as well.  Minus the best Clam Chowder....but even that is ok in moderation. Since you're knocking American cuisine where are you from? 

What a stupidly ignorant post.  I lived in Boston.  It was written  as a light hearted commentary, as all the posts were on the subject, which obviously passed you by, as it often does for people who just have some kind of axe to grind and with people who can't really understand what is being written.  Don't guess anything about me mate, as you will be wrong ever time.   

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, alex8912 said:

Just for starters. Where did your New England Clam Chowder originate from?  I could go on and on and not even get out of New England for more choices.  

From Breton fishermen via Newfoundland.....

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, AlQaholic said:

McDonald??

There is no genuin American food, unless you count native American cuisine. All food recipes are imported from various countries all over the world.

and what could be more American than that? Add a little colemans mustard and ketchup and you are there... 

Edited by 1FinickyOne

On 1/17/2023 at 10:56 PM, HappyExpat57 said:

I was surprised the first time I visited Mexico and thought, "They don't know how to make Mexican food in Mexico?" then had a good laugh at myself. Paradigms were shifted that day.

And paramedics shifted for the inevitable colonic discharge?

23 hours ago, Doctor Tom said:

Why would I ever want them to deliver to me any American cuisine? I cook myself thanks, I don't need delivered food, especially that type.  

As my Mexican neighbour says "We don need no steenkin American diner.......:smile:

• Haha 1