Greta Thunberg detained at German coal protest

Scott

Just now, Mac Mickmanus said:

Yes, they did .

As there were numerus people involved in writing her speeches, (She said so herself) then they cannot be classified as "her" speeches  .

You had no answer for my response to that then, and you've got none now. Here it is again:

image.png.558663a80c8c7b725f58590339fc102d.png

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Yes, they did .

As there were numerus people involved in writing her speeches, (She said so herself) then they cannot be classified as "her" speeches  .

Proof. Link. To all your claims as evidenced in posts I attached.

1 hour ago, josephbloggs said:

"And yes, I write my own speeches. But since I know that what I say is going to reach many, many people I often ask for input. I also have a few scientists that I frequently ask for help on how to express certain complicated matters.

Could you provide a link to that please, the posters above are asking for a link to it 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

More deflection. 

More digging of holes. 

Move on, you’re embarrassing yourself. 

As I said, I have given you the evidence in a screen shot. You are embarrassing yourself.

• Thumbs Up 1

Could you provide a link to that please, the posters above are asking for a link to it 

No I am asking you for a link to your claims that were made before this post, besides the post you referenced above in no way supports those claims. 

4 hours ago, Fruit Trader said:

Most well informed climate activists would quickly counter the fossil fuel bait.

A video where Greta Thunberg faces right-wing journalists and questions that include her arrest in Germany. Giggles included.

I'd be giggling too. Those questions are straight out of play school. Attacking the messenger is what idiots do when they don't have an argument about the message. Somehow they expect her to be a climate scientist or shut up, is that it?

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, placeholder said:

The video referenced in that statement from her.

Plus her statement on speeches:

"And yes, I write my own speeches. But since I know that what I say is going to reach many, many people I often ask for input. I also have a few scientists that I frequently ask for help on how to express certain complicated matters. I want everything to be absolutely correct so that I don’t spread incorrect facts, or things that can be misunderstood."

For other false allegations made throughout this thread her statement in the link above provided by @placeholder covers just about all of it. This was written 4 years ago yet the lies about her carry on.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, proton said:

If she writes the garbage or not is not so important as it's alarmist nonsense. The climate is always changing and there is next to nothing we can do about it. The UK's C02 contribution or footprint is just 2%, if the country went 100% carbon neutral if would make no difference. St Greta of global warming needs to be talking to the main C02 belchers if she really thinks it causing a problem, it's not but she thinks so. She won't do it and they would not listen anyway, so why is she bothering- because it's a money making venture.

I'll listen to science, not to an uninformed opinion of an anonymous user of a forum.

Science says you're wrong.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Nope. 

Stop digging. 

Get on topic. 

Yes, I have screenshot to back up there is a question and not what you are saying.

Not digging, it is you who is falsely accusing me.

Also here, It is you that refuse to realize you are wrong. You want to get on topic, then stop the false accusations. Otherwise, I will continue to reply to your false accusations.

7 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

The video referenced in that statement from her.

Plus her statement on speeches:

"And yes, I write my own speeches. But since I know that what I say is going to reach many, many people I often ask for input. I also have a few scientists that I frequently ask for help on how to express certain complicated matters. I want everything to be absolutely correct so that I don’t spread incorrect facts, or things that can be misunderstood."

For other false allegations made throughout this thread her statement in the link above provided by @placeholder covers just about all of it. This was written 4 years ago yet the lies about her carry on.

Yeah, it´s very nice for a person when they are allowed to go out an promote themselves. Being as well know and popular as she is, she is surely going to fool many.

9 hours ago, placeholder said:

You had no answer for my response to that then, and you've got none now. Here it is again:

Per usual, then

• Thumbs Up 1

Do you often take advice from a then 16 year old with no qualifications and no life experiences ?

Perhaps I do as others including climate scientists:

"I saw her speech to members of Congress and participated in the panel discussion that followed.   It was an honor to sit beside Greta and watch her listen carefully to each question then reply with refreshing honesty, great clarity and power. I have been working in climate science and advocating for climate action for most of my working life. Even so, Greta has inspired me to do more to reduce emissions and share the latest science, with Greta’s words always in mind."

image.png.1e7956d8cfdc0b93a94e223ef7fb36e2.png

https://blog.ucsusa.org/brenda-ekwurzel/im-a-scientist-greta-thunbergs-speech-to-congress-inspires-me/

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I disagree with her that humans will soon be extinct 

You have a source for your claim she has said that?

From the landing page of the World News Forum:

"Any alleged factual claims must be supported by a valid link to an approved credible source."

3 minutes ago, placeholder said:

You have a source for your claim she has said that?

From the landing page of the World News Forum:

"Any alleged factual claims must be supported by a valid link to an approved credible source."

https://www.npr.org/2019/09/23/763452863/transcript-greta-thunbergs-speech-at-the-u-n-climate-action-summit

my 2 cents.

politicians and policy makers don't make decisions based on people or incidents like this.

they make decisions based on scientific advisors.

these incidents are designed for shock value for the masses, to bring attention to the masses, to get people thinking and talking about these issues. 

Edited by save the frogs
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Providing a link isn't enough. The link actually has to lead to something that supports your claim. There is nothing in her speech that says "humans will soon be extinct". You've got nothing.

If I post the sentence where she says it, it would be against forum rules fair use policy and it would get deleted 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

If I post the sentence where she says it, it would be against forum rules fair use policy and it would get deleted 

The rules allows for 3 sentences to be quoted.

Edit: also the headline of the article.

Edited by placeholder