Teachers' Day molestation: Teacher in training arrested after M2 girl taken to short time room

webfact

1 hour ago, paul1804 said:

Sex with a 13 yo is rape even if consensual??? sure its criminal & illegal but how can it be rape if its consensual? Rape is where it is non consensual !!!

Exactly. Its statutory rape meaning although supposedly consensual, the minor was below the age where legal consent is possible, as determined by law in the country where the offence occurred.

Edited by Reigntax

Another success story of the Thai education system. Also today, of a much less violent order, I asked my daughter at supper: What have you learned today? Nothing was the answer. Where were the teachers then? they had a meeting all day. And then what did you do? Sat in class and played and slept a bit. .........And this country thinks to develop only 1 step further???? Let the teachers, for starters, put chili in their butts and then take their responsibility to educate the children. Meetings, groceries, apps etc are things you do after school.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Spock said:

Actually, there are probably far less around now that SEA countries have significantly tightened up on the availability of underage girls and boys to adults, particularly foreigners. 20+ years ago was a different story. Kids in western countries are also far more aware of unwanted advances and more likely to be believed than in earlier times. Men will still have perverted thoughts but far less opportunity to put them into practice.

Yes, that's why all pedos travel to SEA

• Haha 1

yes,  he needs to understand what is law,  what is the minimum age, and what consenual actually means, and if you break that law you may go to jail.

And she needs to understand that young men like him will always try to take advantage of young girls like her.

Very bad situation all around.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, worgeordie said:

If it's not Monks , it's Teachers , better be aware , of what's happening

to your children as you cannot trust anyone now ,  it's becoming more

like the West for this kind of behaviour to happen.

"The suspect admitted what he had done but said it was all consensual."

I suppose he thinks that's OK then , he's admitted it , lock him up with

the other perverts.

regards worgeordie

Sorry but this goes on all over Thailand especially at village level.  Example: a rich 45 year old Thai business man was supposed to marry a 15/16 year old girl and paid the dowrie and lavished the parents and girl with gifts. Prior to the wedding she ran away (I wonder why) the old man turned up with the police demanding return of all his money or to marry the girls younger sister who was not even 15. It has always been a big problem in Thailand and it includes selling/borrowing money on their children and karaoke bars are rife for this.

10 minutes ago, BritScot said:

Sorry but this goes on all over Thailand especially at village level.  Example: a rich 45 year old Thai business man was supposed to marry a 15/16 year old girl and paid the dowrie and lavished the parents and girl with gifts. Prior to the wedding she ran away (I wonder why) the old man turned up with the police demanding return of all his money or to marry the girls younger sister who was not even 15. It has always been a big problem in Thailand and it includes selling/borrowing money on their children and karaoke bars are rife for this.

How is it a problem. You should have more respect for Thai culture, where this is fine. 

Lol

13? Really? What compels some men to seek out kids? What kind of a warped mind does it require to prey on kids? As if the gals in their early 20's are not hot enough?

Lock him up. For a long time. He might learn a few things in a Thai prison, and he is likely to meet some very "close friends". 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, paul1804 said:

Sex with a 13 yo is rape even if consensual??? sure its criminal & illegal but how can it be rape if its consensual? Rape is where it is non consensual !!!

.Statutory rape, I think this exists in nearly every country.

Sex between an adult and a young person who is younger than the age of consent.

Surely you are aware of this?

• Like 1

On 1/18/2023 at 12:46 PM, worgeordie said:

you cannot trust anyone now ,  it's becoming more

You never could actually trust anyone.

As for it becoming more like "the west", i suspect the only thing that has really changed is more people are now reporting transgressions. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

More third class Thai reporting.

Not necessary "Thai" @bangkokbarry )
Nowadays it is much cheaper to outsource reports (say) to students who, in return use google-translate and little to nothing rewriting. Happens everywhere, I heard even big corps like BBC are using freelancers, "Livescience" too.
Furthermore "proof-reading" became excessive luxury just like "what do they expect for 199 baht?!"

"Journalism died together with that old guy in suspenders"

About this topic: 21 year old student did something with 13 y.o. that he admitted like not a big deal, otherwise he wouldn't admit it. No words. Horrible.

Edited by NativeBob

17 hours ago, peter zwart said:

Let the teachers, for starters, put chili in their butts

I like the way you think )))

17 hours ago, peter zwart said:

What have you learned today? Nothing was the answer.

Very exactly same-same. Even when I spoke with other parents (thais) they seemed not care much about it. I felt like a trouble maker )))

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, NativeBob said:

Not necessary "Thai" @bangkokbarry )
Nowadays it is much cheaper to outsource reports (say) to students who, in return use google-translate and little to nothing rewriting. Happens everywhere, I heard even big corps like BBC are using freelancers, "Livescience" too.
Furthermore "proof-reading" became excessive luxury just like "what do they expect for 199 baht?!"

"Journalism died together with that old guy in suspenders"

About this topic: 21 year old student did something with 13 y.o. that he admitted like not a big deal, otherwise he wouldn't admit it. No words. Horrible.

I've been a freelance journalist for over 40 years, writing for nearly every English paper and all the major news agencies, so am well aware of the cuts that have been made. In fact, it is difficult to remember how far back that goes, but certainly decades.

The standard had definitely fallen as a result, and was accelerated by students and others offering to work for free. That had a double advantage for the publishers, as not only was it free copy but often those writers knew more about what they were writing about than the professional journalists. My field has been tennis, and there are fans who know far more than those journalists who might only cover it a couple of times a year.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/18/2023 at 5:46 AM, worgeordie said:

If it's not Monks , it's Teachers , better be aware , of what's happening

to your children as you cannot trust anyone now ,  it's becoming more

regards worgeordie

Unfortunately I feel it is more likely that the behaviour has not changed much over the years - it seems to be the reporting and the punishments for such behaviour which have "improved" the situaton. And the improvement is crossing cultures with the help of social media and less acceptance.