George Santos took $3,000 from dying dog’s GoFundMe, veterans say

Scott

image.png

CNN  — 

Two New Jersey veterans say now-Congressman George Santos promised to raise funds for lifesaving surgery for one of their dogs in 2016, then became elusive and took off with the money.

Santos, the embattled freshman Republican, faces growing pressure to resign after he lied and misrepresented his educational, work and family history. Santos has admitted to “embellishing” his resume, but has maintained he is “not a criminal.”

Rich Osthoff, a US Navy veteran, told CNN his pit bull Sapphire began developing a tumor in 2015, and it continued to grow in 2016.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/18/politics/george-santos-veteran-dog-gofundme/index.html

CNN-logo-July-4-2020-e1593906141959-300x

9 hours ago, Scott said:

Santos, the embattled freshman Republican, faces growing pressure to resign after he lied and misrepresented his educational, work and family history. Santos has admitted to “embellishing” his resume, but has maintained he is “not a criminal.”

"There's a guy down the chip shop swears he's Elvis,

But he's a liar, and I'm not sure about you''

Kirsty McColl

- U.S. Representative George Santos competed as a drag queen in Brazilian beauty pageants 15 years ago, two acquaintances told Reuters on Wednesday, adding to contrasts that have drawn criticism of the openly gay Republican congressman's staunchly conservative views.

He has backed Florida's "don't say gay" bill, which prohibits classroom discussion of sexual orientation and gender identity.

Republicans are increasingly denouncing drag shows and performers, claiming they are harmful to children.

https://www.rawstory.com/embattled-u-s-rep-santos-was-drag-queen-in-brazil-pageants-say-associates/

I still think he’s Donnie’s and Kari lakes lost love child that’s my conspiracy theory lmao ???? he’s a real republican dream oh a poster says dems never own pit bulls I’m the care taker of my American bulldog but then again I’m a responsible dog caretaker and used to vote Republican until trump destroyed it so maybe ???? that’s ……nope not true 

• Like 2

What should we do about Russia poisoning U.S. elections?

Russian money has been finding its way into American elections. It’s a growing threat to U.S. national security and to the integrity of our election system. In ironic contrast to the GOP’s baseless claims of fraudulent Democratic voting, this flow of Russian money especially implicates the Republican Party.

For example:

Serial liar Rep. George Santos (R-NY) appears to have had money funneled into his 2022 campaign from the cousin of a sanctioned Russian oligarch.

During the Mueller investigation, 26 Russian nationals and 3 Russian companies were indicted for allegedly conspiring to influence the 2016 election.

https://www.rawstory.com/russian-influence-elections/

The entire republican party with very very few exceptions are spineless cowards with no morals and no courage to challenge the absolute batsxxt crazies that have taken over the party.  It is the exact opposite of "profiles in courage" that Americans once proudly celebrated.

The Electoral college is the ONLY reason a republican has won the white house in decades.

This arcane law has allowed the person with fewer votes to defy the will of the people for decades.  Add to that the constant redistricting and gerrymandering by republicans and it is clear republicans can not win without figuring a way to game a very stupid system.

ONE PERSON ONE VOTE.  Why should a vote in one state count more than ten votes in another state.  It is absurd.

Electoral college.  A rigged election.

Republican presidential candidates have won the national popular vote only once in the last 32 years. They have therefore depended on the electoral college for nearly all presidential victories in the last generation.

On 1/20/2023 at 4:25 AM, bendejo said:

George Santos boasted about Brazil drag shows in 2005 #George #Santos # ...

"Hi'ya, fellas!"

And it wasn't that long ago we saw Madison Cawthorn dressed as a woman.  There's something about conservatives I don't understand.

It's very easy to understand. They are ready to do and say anything, including lying and cheating, including campaigning against their sexual orientation, etc.... in order to succeed!