Tu Hao And 40 Others Hit With Several Charges, Face Death Penalty

webfact

Tu Hao And 40 Others Hit With Several Charges, Face Death Penalty

The only reason for this headline is the government's uncovered involvement via high-ranking police and officials. So they need to deflect from their own corruption by bleating "Death Penalty".

• Thumbs Up 1

Tu Hao And 40 Others Hit With Several Charges, Face Death Penalty. 

Wouldn't that be nice handing out the death penalty, but most imported to carry out the death penalty. No death row ,save the taxpayers money for a better course.

41 suspects, including alleged Chinese crime boss, indicted on multiple charges

By Peter Roche

image.png

A Chinese national accused of being the leader of various Chinese triads operating in Thailand has been indicted on multiple charges. Chaiyanat Kornchayanant is one of 41 people indicted on charges that include drug trafficking and money laundering. Several of his fellow suspects are also Chinese nationals, according to a Thai PBS World report.

Chaiyanat, also known as “Tuhao”, and 40 others, were indicted yesterday at the Bangkok South Criminal Court. This latest development came after attorney-general Naree Tantasathien gave the go-ahead for all 41 suspects to be indicted on multiple charges.

In addition to drug trafficking and money laundering, the charges include criminal association with multinational criminal gangs, illegal possession of firearms and ammunition, running a nightlife venue without permission, hiring foreign employees without work permits, working without permits, and sheltering illegal immigrants.

The investigation into Chaiyanat and his associates first kicked off following an official complaint from businessman Chuwit Kamolvisit. The former massage parlour tycoon alleged that a number of Chinese businesses run by Chaiyanat and his associates were operating in suspicious circumstances.

Chuwit’s allegations followed an October 26 police raid on the Jinling Pub in the Bangkok district of Yan Nawa. In that raid, 104 customers, most of them Chinese, tested positive for illegal substances. The venue has links to Chaiyanat, who is believed to hold a majority stake in around 22 companies in Thailand. He has denied that any illegal drugs were used at the venue.

The subsequent investigation, led by deputy national police chief Surachate Hakparn, was extended to look into additional businesses owned by the Chinese national. The authorities have also seized property owned by Chaiyanat and his accomplices, understood to be worth over 5 billion baht. In addition, at least 3 generals and hundreds of of immigration officials are alleged to be implicated in the ongoing investigation.

image.jpeg

Deputy National Police Chief Surachate Hakparn. PHOTO: Thai Newsroom

Chaiyanat’s Thai wife, Wattanaree Kornchayanant, was also recently arrested on money laundering charges. It’s understood her husband attained Thai citizenship through his marriage to Wattanaree, who also happens to be a former police colonel.

She’s also the niece of Pracha Promnok, a former National Police Chief who served as deputy minister in the Yingluck Shinawatra administration.

Source: https://phuket-go.com/phuket-news/national-news/41-suspects-including-alleged-chinese-crime-boss-indicted-on-multiple-charges/

Phuket Go

-- © Copyright Phuket GO 2023-01-20

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

Clearly nobody in the Aseannow office speaks Chinese!

'Tu Hao' is not a nickname but a derogatory Mandarin slang term for a very specific kind of Nouveau Riche businessman, usually one who was until very recently a simply peasant, and who lacks any kind of culture or sophistication.

• Thumbs Up 1

Apparently there has only been one execution in the past 13 years (for armed robbery and murder). Other countries that use lethal injections are now having difficulty getting the substances required. I guess, in a pinch, they could overdose them on those narcotics they were trafficking ... ????

7 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I doubt any Chinese national will ever face the death penalty here. All Master Xi has to do is send a brief text to Cha Cha reminding him of his place in the world, and his fealty to China. 

However, his name sounds suspiciously Thai. Is he Thai Chinese? If so, likely no protection from Xi. 

Depends if he is in favor with the Communist government of China.

That's an impressive list. Both the number involved and the serious crimes alleged. Let's see if the cops arrest them all and what charges are made to stick.

Meanwhile one might be critical of the police here but back in my home country, the UK, the London Met. force are it is reported little more than a cover for rapists, wife beaters and other sexual offenders with sexist " banter" the norm according to latest media revelations following guilty pleas by of one of their number for multiple violent offences against women, flashing his warrant card and gun to secure compliance. Offences committed systematically over many years, the warning signs ignored by his superiors.

It took the courage of one of his victims to stop him.

Hardly encourages trust does it, especially for women

If these people are all Chinese Nationals; which i doubt, then round them up, seize whatever assets they have in Thailand and deport them back to China for Xi and his henchmen to deal with.  Then many of them really will face the Death Penalty, which would be carried out very quickly.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Will they be given bail, ...then it will all go away , and so will the suspects,*

which is what the Government will really want, don't upset the Motherland.

*leaving behind their assets .

Regards Worgeordie

No. To enter far Cathay requires a free from Covid certificate so, no flight risk.....

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Poilu said:

He is Chinese person received Thai citizenship. When granted Thai citizenship you take Thai name as well as your home country name. It seem high connections and a large political donation smoothed the path of his application.

What is a "Chinese person"? In an article like this, he should be referred to by his nationality IMO. If this guy is a naturalized (as we call it in America, not sure if that's an international way of saying that) Thai citizen from China (i.e., a Thai citizen who was originally a Chinese citizen), the xenophobia and insecurity of the Thai press is on about as clear display as possible here. NOBODY ever refers to me as Icelandic or Canadian because that's where my family is from... and NOBODY ever refers to any of my family, who are naturalized US citizens, as Icelandic or Canadian. That would be ridiculous, we are all Americans and none of us would ever think of describing ourselves as Icelandic or Canadian without further clarification.

Of course, I don't know anything more than what the summary of the article said, but it sure would appear that this guy is Thai. What Chinese person has such a clearly Thai name? He may originally be from China, but I highly doubt he is Chinese. It would be acceptable to call him Chinese Thai or as many people in Thailand seem to prefer, Thai Chinese (I think the difference likely came from grammatical differences in the English and Thai languages, with the modifier coming before or after the noun).

There are some explanations of usage, hows and whys, in referring to people of mixed backgrounds (heritage, ethnicity, and nationality) by various writing guides, of which much of journalism appears to be completely ignorant of these days.... One could refer to the the New York Times Manual of Style and Usage, the MLA Manual, the New Oxford Style Manual, the Chicago Manual of Style, or the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (APA) (which I'm most familiar with, having been forced into it for academic publishing purposes along with the Linguistic Society of America's Style Sheet, a guide with a more narrow focus for a specific field of study).

On this issue, although I think it is still incomplete, since there seems to be a tendency to mix ethnicity or region with nationality, the APA guide gives a fair explanation that is helpful in being clear when writing about people of mixed background, if you're interested (if you even read this far! lol). https://apastyle.apa.org/style-grammar-guidelines/bias-free-language/racial-ethnic-minorities

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

No. To enter far Cathay requires a free from Covid certificate so, no flight risk.....

Do  you not think he could not get one of those easily enough with his contacts

and money..the least of his worries.

regards worgeordie

8 hours ago, Kalasin Jo said:

That's an impressive list. Both the number involved and the serious crimes alleged. Let's see if the cops arrest them all and what charges are made to stick.

Meanwhile one might be critical of the police here but back in my home country, the UK, the London Met. force are it is reported little more than a cover for rapists, wife beaters and other sexual offenders with sexist " banter" the norm according to latest media revelations following guilty pleas by of one of their number for multiple violent offences against women, flashing his warrant card and gun to secure compliance. Offences committed systematically over many years, the warning signs ignored by his superiors.

It took the courage of one of his victims to stop him.

Hardly encourages trust does it, especially for women

Not just sex criminals in the Met police in London. My brother worked in Customs doing drug busts and they had to always take police with them on any bust. But they found out if they informed the Met. about where the raid was going to be, suspects and evidence all missing at the bust location. They had to specify a place to meet, then tell the Met officers 'follow me' until they got to the address, THEN tell them..... draw your own conclusions. 

Same world over - the bigger the town or city, the more corruption you will find.

58 minutes ago, rickudon said:

Not just sex criminals in the Met police in London. My brother worked in Customs doing drug busts and they had to always take police with them on any bust. But they found out if they informed the Met. about where the raid was going to be, suspects and evidence all missing at the bust location. They had to specify a place to meet, then tell the Met officers 'follow me' until they got to the address, THEN tell them..... draw your own conclusions. 

Same world over - the bigger the town or city, the more corruption you will find.

Back in the 70s the Edinburgh drug squad was known to charge people arrested for possession of cannabis and other drugs with a fraction of what they were actually caught with and sell the surplus back into the market. None of the people busted ever complained about this. Often it meant the difference between a prison sentence and a fine and probabation. So why would they?