A judge fines Trump and his lawyer for a 'frivolous' suit against his political foes

Scott

If reincarnation is real, what will Donald Trump be in the next life?

A noodle vendor in Sukhumvit ?

farmer in banana plantation in Buriram, Pianist in a brothel, beggar, Old man in Shangri-La ? ????

Edited by Tarteso

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I'm not American and the US courts seem a very weird system to me ( eg suing a corporation because one thought it OK to put a hot drink where it could spill ), but as many cases seem to be "frivolous" this ruling seems politically biased to me.

I hope Trump appeals and wins.

Whataboutism ?

Although the headlines would have you believe otherwise, The McDonalds case wasn't actually a frivolous lawsuit, at the time McDonalds actually had a documented policy of serving their takeaway coffee at close to boiling point (so it traveled better and would still be hot when you got it home). spilling normal hot coffee (60 degress Celsius) would be a frivolous lawsuit, The McDonalds case was spilling coffee where the coffee was purposely sold at 100 degrees Celsius, knowing it would burn in the event of an accident, and not warning accordingly. 

Edited by Peterw42

On 1/21/2023 at 7:04 AM, Bkk Brian said:

Pity the fine was not relative to his means. Still at least its now on record that Trump is officially:

"a prolific and sophisticated litigant" who uses the courts "to seek revenge on political adversaries."

"He is the mastermind of strategic abuse of the judicial process," he wrote.

Well given that Mr Trump, if one is to believe the declaration on his tax returns (a very big "if" I will grant you!), is a dismally unsuccessful businessman who is effectively "broke" a fine relative to his means would amount to about ten bob!

Mind you, I am sure that it will be a long wait until this fine is paid!

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Like 1

On 1/21/2023 at 7:33 AM, rudi49jr said:

Sometimes I really wonder what Trump has to do to make his disciples (like you) realize that he’s just a two-bit grifter who’s been conning people and companies out of billions of dollars all his adult life. But maybe he was right when he said he could shoot someone in the middle of 5th avenue and get away with it. 

That's Fifth Avenue in NYC.  A good chance, if you do the math, that the someone will not be white, and the MAGA crowd couldn't care less.  But if he did so on Main Street in, oh, let's say Lexington, Kentucky and the victim was white and male, they just might pay attention; probably will fall for whatever "they had it coming" excuse.