80 immigration police face charges for accepting money to extend visas for Chinese businessmen

snoop1130

1 hour ago, Dazkkk said:

It’s a growing industry, but fortunately, when there, they don’t have to do anything productive. 
Still plenty of positions in the “moved sideways” vacancies. Rumour has it that new offices are under construction to house them. Of course many brown envelopes have been handed out for the contracts to construct them. 
Everyone is a winner in the BIB world. 

The franchise which is more or less a pyramid scheme in itself, could not function otherwise.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Smokey and the Bandit said:

Possibly, but how many were connected to Chinese businessman?

no idea but sure are a lot of "agents" there that appeared to my eyes to be getting special treatment and i suspect that might result in a few thank you envelopes to some immigration bosses who enable it....

• Thumbs Up 2

17 hours ago, fusion58 said:

That’s a whole lot of transfers to inactive posts! 

????  that was going to be my comment but figured someone would get there very quickly !!...

As you mentioned, there’s going to be a lot of desks in the ‘boondocks’ filled with pi$$ed off policemen twiddling their thumbs trying to work out ways to supplement their income !!!

6 hours ago, Srikcir said:

Maybe not "all the way to the top."

The National Police Policy Board is chaired by PM Prayut. It is the Board that must approve promotion of police generals to national police chief. Prayut has been PM since 2014. Many times over the last several years Prayut has promised to eliminate government corruption. 

"Many times over the last several years Prayut has promised to eliminate government corruption."

Being a downright liar is the only one thing this unelected PM has in common with the normal politician that he claims to be. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

"Many times over the last several years Prayut has promised to eliminate government corruption."

Being a downright liar is the only one thing this unelected PM has in common with the normal politician that he claims to be. 

He is truly a man of the people then.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, ignore it said:

It's just hearsay for now, but a high ranking official mentioned me that the authorized size of the "Inactive Post" division is going to be increased. It's to be funded by CCP discretionary Belt and Road Benevolent fund.

"including three generals, "   not sure but I believe Thai Generals are usually in inactive posts, unless they are protecting Thailand from free and fair elections.  Lucky that Thailand has plenty of spare Generals....

3 hours ago, steven100 said:

ok ... I'll try again .....  what is a whelk ?

It always amazes me when people spend several times the effort penning such a question when all I do is hold my finger over the word ,select look up and hey presto ,in 2 seconds I know ! ????‍♂️ 

• Thanks 1