Anutin: Confident that Cannabis bill will pass into law - calls weed a savior for the poor worth 30 billion baht

webfact

27 minutes ago, ezzra said:

This is a very touchy topic as many members here are a strong proponent of the free use of gunja and probably all kind of drugs, try to say something and you'll be vilified and ridiculed, so mum's the word..

Well observed. The big dope lobby uses clever marketing to build a huge and committed fan base, who are rather intolerant of dissent. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, stoner said:

speak your mind freely. however if you spout off nonsense garbage and old ingrained myths don't be upset when you are called out and/or ridiculed for it. 

This style of unprovoked rudeness epitomises the intolerance of the dope lobby fan base. 

Edited by sidneybear
  • Confused 4

7 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

I think the idea is that the rural poor living in agricultural households (who are the majority) will be able to switch to a more lucrative cash crop.

As a World Bank report on poverty in Thailand states, "79 percent of the poor remain in rural areas and mainly in agricultural households."

Rural Thailand Faces the Largest Poverty Challenges

Exactly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sidneybear said:

How does turning Thailand into a nation of potheads alleviate poverty? I think Anutin has been smoking too much of the stuff himself. 

An improvement on a nation of yabba heads, I'd say...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sidneybear said:

This style of unprovoked rudeness epitomises the intolerance of the dope lobby fan base. 

i dare to say it is unprovoked in this instance. please take a look at the comment history of the poster i was speaking to and you may see a pattern form. 

my offer still stands. 

3 hours ago, webfact said:

He said that people shouldn't just blame marijuana and bang on about it making the user high.

It was all in how it was used.

Initially it was stated by him it was going to be used for medicinal purposes only... now you can openly buy it on virtually every street corner.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, zyphodb said:

Where oh where is the laughter icon???  555 anyway...

I guess we can now wast a whole post with a ......LOL ..... How about 10 or 20 LOL posts in one thread..... LOL

Edited by redwood1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, webfact said:

quoted him as saying that weed was an antidote to poverty and pain and would put 30 billion baht into the economy.

Nah I think as an illegal crop had more chance of that

But that aside...I think everyone or most of my generation smoked weed growing up. We survived but....

For myself in hindsight I would say it did me no good except wasted precious time of my life when I could have

been so much more productive than sitting in a smoky room with others laughing & eating junk food

Of course yes compared to other recreational drugs it is not as bad & even better than alcohol but that is not a

benefit enough to justify the waste of time/young life

So now to Thailand.....Given the fact that so many are already inclined to doing nothing, weed freely available will only make that all the worse

Thai youth already have so few hero's

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, stoner said:

speak your mind freely. however if you spout off nonsense garbage and old ingrained myths don't be upset when you are called out and/or ridiculed for it. 

most of us are more than willing to have a sensible conversation about the subject. 

are you ? 

I did few days ago and i was branded a troll by some members, a coocoo, and so forth for not supporting the idea to legalize pot, my post was removed and i was banned from posting for using unkind language in return post, (which is fair by the rules of this forum) hence my earlier post of this subject being very touchy...

12 minutes ago, ezzra said:

I did few days ago and i was branded a troll by some members, a coocoo, and so forth for not supporting the idea to legalize pot, my post was removed and i was banned from posting for using unkind language in return post, (which is fair by the rules of this forum) hence my earlier post of this subject being very touchy...

share more thoughts. 

i stand on side of legalizing all drugs by the way as well not only weed. 

19 hours ago, webfact said:

weed was an antidote to poverty

I wonder if he has any investments in this new industry?

Big business will soon take over the whole thing. Too much money to be made.

There are now more weed shops than 7-11's where I live.

• Like 1