Pattaya Bar Updates

Danderman123

On 2/16/2023 at 9:48 AM, bkk6060 said:

A condo at Treetown?  Anything would be better then Treetown but, how are people going to drive in and out of there.  The traffic is horrendous now on Soi Buakhao.

Would have to close entry from Soi Buakhao and build a road/path to 2nd rd.

As far as I know this fairly new stretch from Soi Buakhao to Skaw Beach is a private road?

Otherwise what a mess.

Edited by KhunBENQ

1 minute ago, KhunBENQ said:

Would have to close entry from Soi Buakhao and build a road/path to 2nd rd.

As far as I know this fairly new stretch from Soi Buakhao to Skaw Beach is a private road?

Otherwise what a mess.

It is part of Tree Town. It is a private road and in the meantime closed for cars in the evening. 

2 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

You have an interesting scale for not long ago or be a real Pattaya pioneer.

In the mid 2000s (have a picture from my hotel in Soi Lengkee from 2006) the area was fully developed.

So if let's say if before 2004 is not long ago then maybe.

My proof does not reach further back.

Would be around twenty years ago. We have a different idea of fully developed. 

2 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

You have an interesting scale for not long ago or be a real Pattaya pioneer.

In the mid 2000s (have a picture from my hotel in Soi Lengkee from 2006) the area was fully developed.

So if let's say if before 2004 is not long ago then maybe.

My proof does not reach further back.

The years do fly by ???? It was actually around twenty years ago. Didn’t seem that long ago in my mind. Bua Khao was completely different then but built up fairly quickly after that. 

9 minutes ago, NextG said:

The years do fly by ???? It was actually around twenty years ago. Didn’t seem that long ago in my mind. Bua Khao was completely different then but built up fairly quickly after that. 

Been here 10 years and the only real difference in Bukhao is Treetown which might soon be disappearing, I believe the The Beach Club in the middle has closed, rumours are most bars only had a 1 year lease and the rents have now doubled.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Pre Retox days... the cheap breakfasts was what really started people walking down there! 

???? Can’t say I’m an expert because I walked a girl to her home there twenty years ago. 
She stopped me on Soi 8 because she said wanted to talk and insisted that I didn’t need to buy a drink. Suspicious at first, but she was insistent. We ended up talking until the morning and I walked her home afterwards. I guessed girls stayed there as there were affordable accommodation options. 

14 hours ago, Mickeymaus said:

. By accident I found photos I took in Soi Buakhao 2005. I have much older photos and videos somewhere too. It has been as long as I can remember (have been here for about 30 years) a developed road.

16766372794871.jpg

16766372944992.jpg

16766373687393.jpg

There would be alot of interest in your older photos. The area now is nothing like it was for naughty boys and fun then. I too have been around for 30 plus years but can't really remember the time i first stayed around that area. Probably late nineties

57 minutes ago, Kenchamp said:

There would be alot of interest in your older photos. The area now is nothing like it was for naughty boys and fun then. I too have been around for 30 plus years but can't really remember the time i first stayed around that area. Probably late nineties

I have many pictures - I just have to find them. But mostly I recorded videos. I don't know if it will work if I upload a small sequence. Here an introduction for my DVD Pattaya Carnival 2006. The pictures of Soi Buakhao are also taken from a video that I recorded when I was sitting on a Baht bus. So there is a longer stretch of this Soi Buakhao documented. And the "German Beach" and...

If the sound here at this video is not good it is because of the browser. Better download it then and play it with a media player. The media player should be able to handle deinterlacing otherwise you will see stripes. All my videos are recorded in real dolby surround. 

Edited by Mickeymaus

6 minutes ago, topt said:

Plays fine in Brave but respectfully is only 9 seconds and doesn't really show much of anything?

It is not the total video. It is just a kind of introduction. Next is the DVD menu where you can select what you want to see. The total DVD is Gigabyte of data.

This introduction here is normally 11 MB. For the upload I compressed it to 10 percent and changed the format from VOB to MP4 what leads to stripes.

The Pattaya Carnival was a big event. But there was not much advertisement and so there were not many people. It was never repeated. 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, JimTripper said:

1. Backyard Bar soi pothole (backyard bull@hit)

2. English Rose soi pothole (w@@nker)

Post any news, reports, stories at all about them, now, past or future, no matter how trivial, thanks.

Backyard Bar is closing/closed. The owner wants to travel around Thailand and become a vlogger.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/17/2023 at 2:55 PM, NextG said:

I also remember girls telling me that they were afraid to go down there. Wasn’t that long ago when it was just a mud road. 

I lived up there when there wasn't a ATM or a 'Western' style bar in sight. We did have hard top roads though...........

On 2/17/2023 at 5:32 PM, NextG said:

I moved to Pattaya 17 years ago in 2006.

Buakhao was fairly well built up by then........ so yeah in 3 years in 3 yrs it built up quickly indeed !!

2 hours ago, sungod said:

I lived up there when there wasn't a ATM or a 'Western' style bar in sight. We did have hard top roads though...........

Hmmm… maybe it had been raining. Either way, since I only went down part of it(from Pattaya Klang) my impression would be limited to that. 

On 2/16/2023 at 8:18 PM, 3NUMBAS said:

surprised as soi buakhao used to be cows quietly grazing not so long ago ,and numerous ram shackle brothels at 100 a pop to empty your ball bag

Around 1990, I stayed in the New Star Hotel on soi 11. The soi was a dead end and stopped not much further down. They were building a hotel across the street with pile drivers for the footings so the noise was loud. I Had a room at the back so it didn't bother me. I stayed there for 6 months and paid 100 baht a night, no aircon or hot water. My room had a verandah overhung my a huge mango tree in a coconut plantation. The next street back was called soi BP as there was a service station on the corner with beer bars next to it. That soi went off into the boonies somewhere. I went down it once to a bar in the jungle somewhere where there were some cute girls. Once gave me the crabs.

On 2/17/2023 at 3:24 PM, couchpotato said:

Not so long ago!!!! It was over 30 years ago..

Only just.

On 2/18/2023 at 7:55 AM, NextG said:

???? Can’t say I’m an expert because I walked a girl to her home there twenty years ago. 
She stopped me on Soi 8 because she said wanted to talk and insisted that I didn’t need to buy a drink. Suspicious at first, but she was insistent. We ended up talking until the morning and I walked her home afterwards. I guessed girls stayed there as there were affordable accommodation options.

In the New Star Hotel, there were a lot of girls staying there then because it was cheap. One day I saw a stunner wlk out and go to work. When he came back I asked the motorcycle driver where she worked. He said Blue Hawaii, one of only 4 gogo bars in walking street, all in soi diamond. I went there and bought her a drink and told her my room number. After that she came every night after work and slept in my room. Then sadly I had to go back to work and there was no internet in those days so I lost contact with her. She wanted me toi buy her a ghetto blaster if I came back. I'll never forget that girl.

• Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

On Saturday night I went to XS. I found it very disappointing for girls. The quality just wasn't there. The whole of walking street seems to have seen a downgrade in fresh girls without lots of tatts and plastic boobs. There were two girls working there who visit me regularly. One came from Slutz on LK Metro. The other seems to change bars every month. I met her in Atlantis before covid.

Tonight (Sunday) I went to pinup. I thought the quality there was a lot better tonight. They pulled the 30 minute drink hustle on me when I still had half a soda in front of me so I left. I was the only farang in the bar.

Walking street is a big disappointment lately and seems to be not worth going to any more. It was quiet depressing. The few farangs I see there seem to be in the 40 to 50 age group. Asians are any age and in the majority. I saw two Russians touting for a Russian girls bar.

Then I walked down to LK metro. The average age was around 10 years older, very few Asians. No girls appealed to me. I walked down soi 8 back to beach road after that. The beer bars were depressing, much older guys just drinking and watching football with women around 40 to 50 in the main.

Next I walked along beach road to soi 6. Among the many Indians and Russians, I saw quite a few much older farangs wandering around, average age around 70 to 80's, many alone. I could see loneliness in their eyes and had a window of what was in store for me in the future. I was getting quiet depressed by this stage.

In soi 6 the talent was patchy but I thought much better than walking street in some cases. The customers there were mostly in the 50 to 60's age group. Tonight in soi 6 there was a guy collapsed in the street. The motorcycle riders told e he was just drunk. He had obvious advanced diabetes. Amazing how so many farangs abuse themselves like that.

Pattaya isn't what it was just a few short years ago.

Yes, I agree, the older expats get the thousand yard stare!

so much for the golden years !

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, Northstar1 said:

Yes, I agree, the older expats get the thousand yard stare!

so much for the golden years !

My offer of a ladies drink was even refused in one soi 6 bar tonight. I'm kind of glad really because another girl I met there tonight seems like she's much friendlier.

5 hours ago, ozimoron said:

On Saturday night I went to XS. I found it very disappointing for girls. The quality just wasn't there. The whole of walking street seems to have seen a downgrade in fresh girls without lots of tatts and plastic boobs. There were two girls working there who visit me regularly. One came from Slutz on LK Metro. The other seems to change bars every month. I met her in Atlantis before covid.

Tonight (Sunday) I went to pinup. I thought the quality there was a lot better tonight. They pulled the 30 minute drink hustle on me when I still had half a soda in front of me so I left. I was the only farang in the bar.

Walking street is a big disappointment lately and seems to be not worth going to any more. It was quiet depressing. The few farangs I see there seem to be in the 40 to 50 age group. Asians are any age and in the majority. I saw two Russians touting for a Russian girls bar.

Then I walked down to LK metro. The average age was around 10 years older, very few Asians. No girls appealed to me. I walked down soi 8 back to beach road after that. The beer bars were depressing, much older guys just drinking and watching football with women around 40 to 50 in the main.

Next I walked along beach road to soi 6. Among the many Indians and Russians, I saw quite a few much older farangs wandering around, average age around 70 to 80's, many alone. I could see loneliness in their eyes and had a window of what was in store for me in the future. I was getting quiet depressed by this stage.

In soi 6 the talent was patchy but I thought much better than walking street in some cases. The customers there were mostly in the 50 to 60's age group. Tonight in soi 6 there was a guy collapsed in the street. The motorcycle riders told e he was just drunk. He had obvious advanced diabetes. Amazing how so many farangs abuse themselves like that.

Pattaya isn't what it was just a few short years ago.

I noticed XS not as good as usual on Saturday, maybe the best girls moved to Pinup, they are linked somehow, I've seen Pinup girls in XS. Agogos change daily, although usually there's a trend

5 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Windmill seems to be very popular with farang, packed both floors Saturday

• Like 1