GOP targets drag shows with new bills in at least 14 states

onthedarkside

3 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

So you call a gogo bar a glorified whore house.

But with the ladyboy cabaret you pretend that they do the show and nothing else will possibly happen.

I am not sure if you are ignorant on purpose or you have no idea about real life.

And yes, it's a no-brainer. I prefer real girls any day.

What you don't prefer is providing links to support the validity of the evidence you provide.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Unfortunately I was unable to attend on this occasion

Yeah, I get that you can't attend every drag show, but can you share how many you've attended, where these were, and why you attended so many. And how mnay children were in attendance?

I do respect your right to attend drag shows.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

However, I've seen a lot of these drag shows where they all get a bit too excited with the flamboyance of it all and the bloke ends up dressed in a small thong, twerking in front of kids faces etc. I saw one where he took off his shirt to reveal his massive silicon implants, all with kids present. This is the type of thing I believe the law is trying to stop, and rightly so.

I'm calling BS on this.
I have been to many, many drag shows (a good friend was a drag queen) and never once have I ever seen a child present never mind drag queens 'twerking' in their faces. Most drag shows are late night events held in pubs and clubs (I'm talking the UK here) where patrons need to be at least 18 years old even to get in. 

Now of course I haven't been to one in the States so perhaps there's all these drag shows going on in front of 10 year olds, but I very much doubt it. I suspect (just call me Sherlock) that this is just another non-issue from an increasingly irrelevant GOP to yet again stir up 'the base' with made-up scenarios that don't even happen. What they do though is create headlines that are eagerly jumped on by individuals (like yourself) who will try and defend this lunacy because (yet again) it's against the 'extreme' left and/or 'woke brigade'.

This is classic identity politics that doesn't add to the narrative but has the desired effect on an increasingly rabid GOP base that should be much more focused on actual politics rather than this frankly absurd distraction.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

Yeah, I get that you can't attend every drag show, but can you share how many you've attended, where these were, and why you attended so many. And how mnay children were in attendance?

I do respect your right to attend drag shows.

Where did I say I attended them? 

11 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

So you call a gogo bar a glorified whore house.

Yep, never seen hordes of single men queuing outside the ladyboy cabarets waiting to get in. Have you seen the queues? 

I'd be care with the flame calling me ignorant...................

2570-010.jpg

source

About 20 years ago my mother visited me in Bangkok and she wanted to see a ladyboy show. Ok, let's go there. 

We saw the show. And after the show when we walked out all those ladyboys waited there to get tips and they were ready for pictures together with anybody who wanted that. 

Now I didn't ask any of them personally if they want to join me or my mother in the evening. But it seems they all were pretty motivated to get tips. So I have some suspicion what else was on offer. 

But you, probably a regular with those ladyboys, likes to tell me that only gogo dancer do more than dance. Cabaret ladyboys would never do that. Really?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

I'm calling BS on this.
I have been to many, many drag shows (a good friend was a drag queen) and never once have I ever seen a child present never mind drag queens 'twerking' in their faces. Most drag shows are late night events held in pubs and clubs (I'm talking the UK here) where patrons need to be at least 18 years old even to get in. 

Now of course I haven't been to one in the States so perhaps there's all these drag shows going on in front of 10 year olds, but I very much doubt it. I suspect (just call me Sherlock) that this is just another non-issue from an increasingly irrelevant GOP to yet again stir up 'the base' with made-up scenarios that don't even happen. What they do though is create headlines that are eagerly jumped on by individuals (like yourself) who will try and defend this lunacy because (yet again) it's against the 'extreme' left and/or 'woke brigade'.

This is classic identity politics that doesn't add to the narrative but has the desired effect on an increasingly rabid GOP base that should be much more focused on actual politics rather than this frankly absurd distraction.  

:sick: 

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

Here "However, I've seen a lot of these drag shows where they all get a bit too excited with the flamboyance of it all and the bloke ends up dressed in a small thong, twerking in front of kids faces etc.'

Yes I've seen them.

I've also seen The Moon. Never been there though. ????

5 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

:sick: 

Cherry picking one or two scenarios doth not make a convincing argument.

I personally see no issue with this but if YOU think it's highly offensive then may I recommend YOU don't book a drag queen for your kids.

Isn't this the parental choice all you conservatives scream about?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

Here "However, I've seen a lot of these drag shows where they all get a bit too excited with the flamboyance of it all and the bloke ends up dressed in a small thong, twerking in front of kids faces etc.'

You may not be aware, but there's this modern invention called Television. Even more modern, YouTube, Twitter, Facebook etc.

It allows you to see things without actually being in attendance. A wonderful invention. You should check it out.????

2 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

So you've seen them but not in person?

Glad to see you've finally got it. Well done. :clap2:

2 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

You sound like an expert to me.

I can't really say I'm an expert on drag routines, not really my bag - I prefer watching women dance. I've seen enough to know that I don't like to see men dressed as women performing sexualized dance routines in front of young children. But if you like that kind of thing, go for it. Make sure you attend in person though, otherwise you're not allowed an opinion on it. ????

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

About 20 years ago my mother visited me in Bangkok and she wanted to see a ladyboy show. Ok, let's go there. 

We saw the show. And after the show when we walked out all those ladyboys waited there to get tips and they were ready for pictures together with anybody who wanted that. 

Now I didn't ask any of them personally if they want to join me or my mother in the evening. But it seems they all were pretty motivated to get tips. So I have some suspicion what else was on offer. 

But you, probably a regular with those ladyboys, likes to tell me that only gogo dancer do more than dance. Cabaret ladyboys would never do that. Really?

Cool, you've been to one more show than me, hope your mum liked the entertainment but what makes you think? "But you, probably a regular with those ladyboys"  did you read my previous posts? Where did you come up with such a notion?

Great they are able to get some tips for photos, I've also seen the hordes of tourists, mostly Chinese families, women in particular who also surround the ladyboys standing outside after a show. Yes certainly possible a single male, female or even couple may get something more than just a pic, if the ladyboys will do that, however if a guy or couple wants a ladyboy then they are far more likely just to head to a ladyboy bar where there are dozens eager to be snapped up by customers same as a go go bar, rather than a Cabaret Show.

image.png.57803ef1ab661819d8097d4898595868.png

source

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

Cherry picking one or two scenarios doth not make a convincing argument.

I personally see no issue with this but if YOU think it's highly offensive then may I recommend YOU don't book a drag queen for your kids.

Isn't this the parental choice all you conservatives scream about?

You called BS, I proved you wrong. Simple as...

Like I said, if you like seeing men dressed as women performing sexualized dance routines to kids, then go buy a ticket. It's not for me.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, 300sd said:

So what do you call parents that take innocent children to watch garbage like that? Upstanding citizens!

Probably good, loving parents...

A lot of parents are happy that their kids are glued to a screen of some sort, rather than spending time with them.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

I'm not the one that said 'However, I've seen a lot of these drag shows where they all get a bit too excited with the flamboyance of it all and the bloke ends up dressed in a small thong, twerking in front of kids faces etc.' 

A more accurate statement would have been 'I've not actually seen them in person, so I'm basing all my views on this video from a Tucker Carlson founded right wing 'news' organisation that shows where they all get a bit too excited with the flamboyance of it all and the bloke ends up dressed in a small thong, twerking in front of kids faces etc. 

Even though it doesn't.

It appears you don't know the difference between seeing something, and attending something. I've tried to explain the difference to you with multiple examples but maybe it's just too complicated for you to understand? The fact you keep embarrassing yourself by showing you don't know the difference indicates you have nothing to add to the debate. I will try for a final time.

See.

image.png.884a83a6495a8b78c6536cc938611fac.png

Attend.

image.png.151497f4b783066474d1915281e63ca7.png

I already posted links to the clips. Perhaps you don't know how to watch them? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Maybe they make an exception when it comes to protecting children?

And yet, there they are on Youtube. For anyone to see.

So what's the plan? Censorship?

4 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

It appears you don't know the difference between seeing something

Guilty.

I read your post as having "seen" all these drag shows in person. Maybe it was the extra detail you added. Fool me once.

• Thumbs Up 1

52 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Cool, you've been to one more show than me, hope your mum liked the entertainment but what makes you think? "But you, probably a regular with those ladyboys"  did you read my previous posts? Where did you come up with such a notion?

Great they are able to get some tips for photos, I've also seen the hordes of tourists, mostly Chinese families, women in particular who also surround the ladyboys standing outside after a show. Yes certainly possible a single male, female or even couple may get something more than just a pic, if the ladyboys will do that, however if a guy or couple wants a ladyboy then they are far more likely just to head to a ladyboy bar where there are dozens eager to be snapped up by customers same as a go go bar, rather than a Cabaret Show.

image.png.57803ef1ab661819d8097d4898595868.png

source

It's interesting that you write here that you know it's all harmless but then you say you never visited such a show. So how do you know it's harmless? Just a picture of a family with some ladyboys is not exactly evidence for anything. 

2 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

It appears you don't know the difference between seeing something, and attending something. I've tried to explain the difference to you with multiple examples but maybe it's just too complicated for you to understand? The fact you keep embarrassing yourself by showing you don't know the difference indicates you have nothing to add to the debate. I will try for a final time.

See.

image.png.884a83a6495a8b78c6536cc938611fac.png

Attend.

image.png.151497f4b783066474d1915281e63ca7.png

I already posted links to the clips. Perhaps you don't know how to watch them? 

Oh I understand...I just choose to ignore your pettiness and condescention.

Any chance you can actually answer any of my points now that we have established you haven't actually seen anything personally, haven't actually been to a drag show yourself and that all of your 'informed' opinion is taken from a video compilation that still doesn't show drag queens 'twerking in front of kids faces etc.'?

I will stick with my ascertion that drag queens aren't 'twerking in front of kids faces etc.' and that any sexualisation of what is going on is purely in your (and other posters here) own head.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

It's funny when some people here pretend they saw something in real but then they saw edited videos.

I saw enough edited videos of gogo bars, even on YouTube. 

And I saw a lot more in real.

I can assure you the YouTube vides show only a small part of what is going on in the gogo bars.

And that might be similar with the drag shows. So be careful when you pretend you know what is going on. 

13 hours ago, Baht Simpson said:

In the U.K., men dressed as women have been telling stories to children in pantomime theatre for over 100 years with no adverse affects.  The kids love it. It is only pearl-clutching Christians who are offended by drag. 

Jesus Christ...get real, you left out the fact that women dress as men in panto also and that it is panto, not drag.  You'd take your children to a real drag show?

• Like 2