French Motorbike Rider Charged with Hit and Run After Thai Pedestrian Seriously Injured in Patong

webfact

1 hour ago, simon43 said:

Good French name that.... presumably he is one of the French Arabs who ride their motorbikes around Patong, ignoring traffic rules etc.

The name seems to be of Algerian origin wherein 85% are Arab. Being a French citizen doesn't mean the name is necessarily French. Until 1962 all Algerians were considered to be French citizens, albeit different Kegan status from fully French citizens.

Name can be found to minor extent also in Poland and Morocco. 

• Like 1

The high quality pied noir of the southern end of Nanai Rd. People complain about the Russians but these are at the same level as the Chinese, when it comes to annoyance.

No wonder that real quality tourist unfortunately stay away.

• Like 1

He shouldn't have left the scene, but first thing the fuzz need to do is calculate his speed. Should be fairly easy with the right equipment, they have a video, speed = distance / time, they could measure the distance, analyse the video with respect to time. Not that I'm trying to justify what happened after he hit her but I would almost guarantee that if it was a Thai rider and the speed was calculated to be within limits for that road the only case would be the hit and run. For a Thai - 500 baht and a wai

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, xylophone said:

As you undoubtedly know, it's very hard to ascertain the speed at which he was travelling, but having been a road user for 60 years, I would hazard a guess at around 70 to 80 km/h.

There, satisfied now?

"Guess"........... there we go, finally answered my question.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3