Thai Health minister says no to 4am pub closing, except in tourist areas

webfact

4 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Well, we all know what that means, don't we. An open invitation to buy consent. They don't even try to hide it.

Here's the envelope, oh it's too thin, well sorry can't give more to the backers if I give you more....I guess we will just close as per the regulations...no money needed.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ezzra said:

Please clue me now, how pub opening hours connected in any way to the health issue of the public? anyone? and why in tourist area there are no concern for public wellbeing while in non-tourist areas there are?

You really don't need any clues; you are fully aware of the level of stupidity within the inner circle of the Thai political circus ????

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Simple don't by in tourist area including and especially not a Thai tourist area. Now all you have to worry about is the neighbors opening a pig farm, steel workshop, motorcycle repair shop, recycle junk shop etc etc...  ????

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Well, we all know what that means, don't we. An open invitation to buy consent. They don't even try to hide it.

Every civilized countries have the same regulations they now try to implement based on studies from many different countries.

drinking and road accidents. Longer sale hours in Iceland also led to a rise in emergency-ward patients, injuries, quarrels, physical assaults and drink-driving.

He added that Norway saw a 16 per cent rise in physical assaults after extending alcohol sales by just one hour.

“From the academic data and experiences of several countries, it is clear that restricting the days and hours in which alcohol can be sold is an effective measure for preventing and reducing problems related to drinking,” Surasak said

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/national/40018893

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

52 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Every civilized countries have the same regulations they now try to implement based on studies from many different countries.

drinking and road accidents. Longer sale hours in Iceland also led to a rise in emergency-ward patients, injuries, quarrels, physical assaults and drink-driving.

He added that Norway saw a 16 per cent rise in physical assaults after extending alcohol sales by just one hour.

“From the academic data and experiences of several countries, it is clear that restricting the days and hours in which alcohol can be sold is an effective measure for preventing and reducing problems related to drinking,” Surasak said

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/national/40018893

You totally ignored my point about 'selected' places will be allowed to open until 4. And I suppose customers in those places won't be at risk to themselves and others? 

1 hour ago, Hummin said:

It is a difference whit two major night clubs open who hopefully do not disturb to many, as many bars is located in living areas

4 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

You totally ignored my point about 'selected' places will be allowed to open until 4. And I suppose customers in those places won't be at risk to themselves and others?

I answered that in the post before