Nine People Injured after Pickup Truck Overturns in Thalang, Phuket

webfact

image.jpeg

By Goongnang Suksawat

Thalang –Two people were seriously injured and seven have sustained less serious injuries after a pickup truck overturned in Thalang, Phuket today.

Emergency responders were notified of the accident this morning (February 20th) at 8:35 A.M. on the Thep Krasattri Road southbound lane in the Sri Soonthorn sub-district.

Full story: https://thephuketexpress.com/2023/02/20/nine-people-injured-after-pickup-truck-overturns-in-thalang-phuket/

image.jpeg
-- © Copyright The Phuket Express 2023-02-21

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

24 minutes ago, stevenl said:
1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I thought that riding in the bed of a pickup was illegal, and for very good reason. Another case of the police being blind/too lazy to do their job. But we'd expect nothing different, would we.

I though that regulation has been postponed.

I believe it was postponed only during the Songkran holiday two or three years ago and then rescinded as there was an outcry from people who demanded the right to risk their own life.

• Thumbs Up 2

8 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I thought that riding in the bed of a pickup was illegal, and for very good reason. Another case of the police being blind/too lazy to do their job. But we'd expect nothing different, would we.

At least one out of every two pickup trucks that pass the Sarasin checkpoint heading into Phuket during work hours has people in the back of it.

11 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I believe it was postponed only during the Songkran holiday two or three years ago and then rescinded as there was an outcry from people who demanded the right to risk their own life.

So you know the law you referred to doesn't exist but still made the post.

39 minutes ago, stevenl said:
12 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

So you know the law you referred to doesn't exist but still made the post.

I didn't write that I know. I wrote that I believe. There's a difference. And now someone might respond with a useful post, unlike yours, which can confirm what I believe, or otherwise. I'm open to being educated about it.