List of foreigners that has become Thai citizens

Eaglekott

12 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Also, I could become a member at Royal Hua Hin, near my house, foreigners can't join. 

This is only one benefit, they're are many more, like being able to own land. 

For a 5,000 baht fee, totally worth getting Thai citizenship. Anyone who says otherwise is wrong. 

Without prying, how did you qualify? Just paid 5000 THB? Sounds a great deal!

1 hour ago, bradiston said:

Without prying, how did you qualify? Just paid 5000 THB? Sounds a great deal!

Married to local, Work Permit, paying tax for 3 years. It is a great deal. Much easier than many think, don't even need to speak Thai, like many think. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Eaglekott said:

No Im not in the list. It's a guy I know that claims he got Thai Citizenship already, but I believe he is not really truth ful. I wanted to verify if I can make sure he does not lie to me by finding his and or his brothers name there. 

Just ask to see his Thai ID card.  The ID number is easily checked.

22 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Married to local, Work Permit, paying tax for 3 years. It is a great deal. Much easier than many think, don't even need to speak Thai, like many think. 

You'd think there would be 1000s of foreigners who would qualify using those 3 criteria. I'm surprised it's that simple.

43 minutes ago, bradiston said:

You'd think there would be 1000s of foreigners who would qualify using those 3 criteria. I'm surprised it's that simple.

There are, but they don't know, or are scared to enquire. 

You must earn 40,000 baht a month, which stops a few I know for applying. 

1 hour ago, bradiston said:

Apply doesn't mean automatic approval. It's been said before the approval rate is very small, similar to the approval rate for Certificate of Residence (Permanent Residence). But they are different items. 

20 hours ago, Upnotover said:

If you search for nationality (สัญชาติ) and use Chrome to translate the entire page then you will start to make some progress.  Still won't be easy but then why should it be.

There's also the issue of privacy. Folks who gain Thai citizenship (and other items) may not want this to be made public, their choice.

On the other hand if it is there to see in the Royal Gazzette so be it. 

17 hours ago, Neeranam said:

I guess you don't qualify. 

There are many advantages in becoming Thai. Just a few hours ago, I got 33% discount on a game of golf, for one. 

don't need to have Thai citizenship to get that golf discount in CM or Lamphun. All long term foreign residents pay the same as Thais for golf, just need to show pink ID card or Thai driver's license. Discount is closer to 50%

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TigerandDog said:

don't need to have Thai citizenship to get that golf discount in CM or Lamphun. All long term foreign residents pay the same as Thais for golf, just need to show pink ID card or Thai driver's license. Discount is closer to 50%

At Seapines, tourists pay 2500 green fee, residents 1500, Thais 1000. 

There are a few golf courses I know that don't tell foreigners about reduced price for Thais, and I only found out by asking. 

21 hours ago, Eaglekott said:

I was trying to understand the content on that page but since all is in Thai, and translate is very hard and time consuming I did not find what I was looking for. Is the past 3-4 last years list there somewhere?

Have you tried pasting the link into a google chrome browser page?   It will translate for you.  

12 minutes ago, Eaglekott said:

How you easy can check the Thai ID number?

Apart from the ID card being a Thai card (which apparently he is refusing to show you), the first digit denotes various "classes" of people; in the case of the guy you are talking about it would start with an 8 to denote "Foreign nationals who are living in Thailand permanently or Thai nationals by naturalization". Pointless just asking him what his ID number is as if he knows this he can just make it up.

Edited by Salerno

6 minutes ago, radiochaser said:

Have you tried pasting the link into a google chrome browser page?   It will translate for you.  

I used Safari and translated yesterday, and i found a few documents, it seams like they announce people what want to become Thai and separate Females and Males in different documents, Very many foreign ladys married to a Thai man has asked for it. It also seams like most applicants is Chinese, Indian or Lao.

I so far only found 2 document where the King has granted approval, 

https://ratchakitcha.soc.go.th/documents/138D177S0000000001600.pdf

https://ratchakitcha.soc.go.th/documents/138D176S0000000001300.pdf

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

There are, but they don't know, or are scared to enquire. 

You must earn 40,000 baht a month, which stops a few I know for applying. 

You mean, you only need an income of 40,000 baht, each month?  That's it?  That small amount????
Does it matter where that income is from, if legal??

1 hour ago, Salerno said:

in the case of the guy you are talking about it would start with an 8 to denote "Foreign nationals who are living in Thailand permanently or Thai nationals by naturalization".

I have a picture from another guy that has become a Thai Citizen last year, and his Thai ID starts with 3.

His pink ID starts with 6, don't know if they are related somehow.