Which one is better? lazada or shopee?

topswijaya

1 minute ago, transam said:

I order loads of stuff, each one has its own delivery agent, rarely changes..

Had a problem with Kerry once, our lad said our local Kerry office had all gone down with Covid, I cancelled the order and found another supplier.

This was what I was told and it wasn't a special Lazada deal.

laz.png

13 minutes ago, transam said:

How can they tell a shop you don't want their delivery partner.....?

That was the shop I was talking to - not sure what you mean?

(And just an FYI: I didn't just kick off the conversation by demanding that they didn't use Kerry. That message was sent after receiving several ambiguous answers to previous messages.)

Edited by Mark1066

• 3 weeks later...

I'm afraid Shopee is dead.

I noticed connections to .cn domains such as "https://staging.shopeecb.cn/assets/firebase.063f44ec1b4e878f.js.map" so I'm afraid Shopee was sold to Chinese (Alibaba Holdings or whatever it is called) and they will ruin it same as they ruined Lazada.

staging.shopeecb.cn has address 42.194.172.188
Prefix: 42.194.128.0/18
AS-Org-Name: Shenzhen Tencent Computer Systems Company Limited
Org-Name: Tencent cloud computing (Beijing) Co., Ltd.
City: Beijing

Edited by fdsa
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

The Chinese company Tencent has owned a large minority stake in Shopee for years, but is gradually reducing its ownership percentage. Shopee's Singaporean parent company continues to maintain voting and ownership control of the company. 

• Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, khunjeff said:

The Chinese company Tencent has owned a large minority stake in Shopee for years, but is gradually reducing its ownership percentage. Shopee's Singaporean parent company continues to maintain voting and ownership control of the company. 

I sincerely hope you are right.

23 hours ago, markclover said:

Lazada is the only one that seems to work for me at the moment.

Lazada does not work (well) for a year or two already, since they were sold to Chinese holdings. Overpriced shipping, enormous seller fees hence overpriced items, PITA moneybacks, and the most disturbing part is a broken search engine.

Edited by fdsa
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, fdsa said:

I sincerely hope you are right.

Lazada does not work (well) for a year or two already, since they were sold to Chinese holdings. Overpriced shipping, enormous seller fees hence overpriced items, PITA moneybacks, and the most disturbing part is a broken search engine.

Actually have not found that to be the case (except the lousy search engine).  When make the switch to Chinese ownership many Chinese items were overpriced (on Aliexpress for less) but have not seen that recently.  Price is good on both Chinese and local goods.  Shipping is merchant and sometimes seems to be designed to provide low price advantage - but mostly appear to be sellers inside Thailand - shipping costs from China almost free.  But for me a major factor is ability to use foreign debit/credit cards for payment.  Shopee used to allow local bank transfers but removed that a few months ago and lost this long term customer.  As for the Lazada search engine use Google to search item and then click on Lazada link seems to work quite well for many things.

That said Lazada has major issues with sellers posting under multi names same items at 2 or 3 times fair price in hope search will only show their high priced items (which sometimes happens).  You have to be careful and Google search seems to help.

Edited by lopburi3

2 hours ago, fdsa said:

I've not found any of that, you must be using a parallel Lazada

• Thumbs Up 2

50 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I've not found any of that, you must be using a parallel Lazada

I've just checked, they seem to really have fixed their search engine, because now it shows exactly what I've entered into the search field, and previously Lazada offered me everything but the items I've searched for.

Nevertheless I won't come back as they freaked me out with their idiotic captcha "we've discovered blabla strange activity please slide" they've been showing me every minute.

Edit: I've tried to search for few more items... no, they didn't fixed the search engine. Or maybe just a little bit.

Edited by fdsa
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, fdsa said:

I've just checked, they seem to really have fixed their search engine, because now it shows exactly what I've entered into the search field, and previously Lazada offered me everything but the items I've searched for.

Nevertheless I won't come back as they freaked me out with their idiotic captcha "we've discovered blabla strange activity please slide" they've been showing me every minute.

Perhaps protecting your account info.....????

19 minutes ago, fdsa said:

Edit: I've tried to search for few more items... no, they didn't fixed the search engine. Or maybe just a little bit.

Use the app, search is million times better than Shopee

About shipping costs......If you pay by COD you will pay the highest shipping costs on both Lazada and Shopee.......It sucks but thats just the way it is.......

Pre-pay some times has lower shipping costs but not always....

I would be more than happy to pay like 2,000 baht a year for 100% free shipping if they had it.....

Edited by redwood1

On 3/27/2023 at 5:46 PM, Mark1066 said:

Lazada has just as many fakes as Shopee in my experience. My biggest problem with both platforms in recent months was the fact they continued to force people to use Kerry Express, even as the service was falling apart. 11 days from Bangkok to Chiang Mai is inexcusable, as were the lies I was told when I eventually managed to get in touch with someone from the company.

And neither platform will let you block, for want of a better description, a specific (hopeless in your area) courier. So if you are in an area where Kerry, Flash or JT are having issues, which seem to be pretty common in many areas now, you need to ask the seller to not use that courier before you place the order. Headache.

Having a great example of Shopee weirdness now. Ordered a computer on Friday, delivery was quoted as by Shopee Express. The shop said next day delivery so waited until 4pm then had to out, 4:15pm they called and we told them please deliver tomorrow instead (said in Thai by a Thai).

Around 10am the next morning I checked the status of the order to make sure it was out for delivery and there was an entry in the tracking saying that due to unsuccessful delivery on Friday the item was being returned to the sender in Bangkok...! Absolute schoolboy stuff.

The seller has given up trying to work it our with Shopee and resent it today with Flash, should get it Thursday.

Compare and contrast with Lazada's own express delivery service - ordered some headphones on a lazy Sunday afternoon around 4pm and they turned up 10am Monday morning (although the product was in the Lazada warehouse as opposed to a third party sellers shop, so not really comparing apples with apples there)!

Shopee do seem to have less English listings though and less reliable courier services, based on the last 6 months of buying from them.

Both are good, until they aren't...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tomster said:

And neither platform will let you block, for want of a better description, a specific (hopeless in your area) courier. So if you are in an area where Kerry, Flash or JT are having issues, which seem to be pretty common in many areas now, you need to ask the seller to not use that courier before you place the order. Headache.

Having a great example of Shopee weirdness now. Ordered a computer on Friday, delivery was quoted as by Shopee Express. The shop said next day delivery so waited until 4pm then had to out, 4:15pm they called and we told them please deliver tomorrow instead (said in Thai by a Thai).

Around 10am the next morning I checked the status of the order to make sure it was out for delivery and there was an entry in the tracking saying that due to unsuccessful delivery on Friday the item was being returned to the sender in Bangkok...! Absolute schoolboy stuff.

The seller has given up trying to work it our with Shopee and resent it today with Flash, should get it Thursday.

Compare and contrast with Lazada's own express delivery service - ordered some headphones on a lazy Sunday afternoon around 4pm and they turned up 10am Monday morning (although the product was in the Lazada warehouse as opposed to a third party sellers shop, so not really comparing apples with apples there)!

Shopee do seem to have less English listings though and less reliable courier services, based on the last 6 months of buying from them.

Both are good, until they aren't...

I find Shopee has shady work practices, 3rd division compared to Lazada

Which is better Vanilla or Chocolate icecream?

There is no better......

Lazada and Shopee are just like icecream....

Who ever has the rock bottom lowest prices on what I am buying is the best at that moment....Even a one baht savings is a one baht savings...

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/4/2023 at 2:08 PM, Tayida said:

Ordered five shirts, same size L: delivered as follow 

Size: S, M, M, S, XL. 

Still wait the right size or the money.

You have to be very careful ordering such goods as instructions are often unclear. I once bought a toaster and it was only to use on USA voltage, for example. Of course I can get an adapter, but that isn't the point. Have to be careful about choosing the right colour or size of something too. The fact they sent you one of each is odd, though.

• Thanks 1

I don't know about Shopee, but Lazada's search engine displays a maximum of 101 pages, and if you choose price ascending/descending view, thousands of medium-priced items may never be displayed and only have a (small) chance in "Best match" view. This is not only totally inconvenient for customers, it is harmful to Lazada's and their associated businesses. I mentioned that in their chat at least 4 times, but they just don't get it. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

If you buy on Lazada from (lazmall,) you can be almost guaranteed that it is genuine. They don't want fakes there.

100% Authentic
100% Authenticity guaranteed. Get 2X times your money back if you receive an inauthentic product from LazMall.

On 3/4/2023 at 2:54 PM, rwill said:

The search engine on both of them suck.

After several bad experiences with Shoppee (wrong items delivered, not as advertised, blocked on chat) Have blocked them now and will never use them again

Just now, cliveb said:

I have same problem with Lazada and have spent thousands. item came broken and seller a

I have same problem with Lazada and have spent thousands. item came broken and seller and lazada passing the buck as to who is responsible to replace or refund

• Sad 3

Yet again with Shopee T

Message this morning   -  

Cancelled automatically by Shopee's system

Order has been cancelled because:

Seller failed to ship on time.

This happens time and time again ??   often the seller appears to send item even when Shopee cancelled it - often re ordered from Lazada and received order......  when Shopee order is sent 3 or 4 weeks later  ????

• Like 1