Draft Prostitution Law To Set Voluntary Service At Minimum 20 Years

webfact

6 hours ago, harleyclarkey said:

Why do the PC brigade (think western feminists)  get their knickers all in a twist over prostitution ......the oldest profession?.

Show me a single post in this thread or a reference to these "western feminists" in the news story.

4 hours ago, Tropposurfer said:

The oldest profession albeit some would argue it is the systematic exploitative endemic process in humanity itself that enables said profession.

Some would argue that's also what enables marriage at the scale we see it today, given it often has an economic element.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, geisha said:

Too right ! About time , 2023, that Thailand faced its lack of moral issues, and introduced decent social help for the millions that still suffer . I have one friend who was a waitress, saved every Baht and tips to send to her family up north. Luckily for her, she met a lovely European guy, still not old, and who appreciated her for the kind loving person she is. There were together 2 years in which she took him home to meet her family and the nieces and nephews she was helping . He paid for her ticket and legal papers/ visa, got her to Switzerland, found her a nice job, and after a year they got married ! Now the whole family is saved from poverty , they bought land and worked hard at their fish farm. This is the only way for many people to get on in Thailand. I’ve also met a ladyboy who was on the game. He could speak English, and said he’d been through all that to save. He worked at a hospital but even then had small wages. The tourists don’t see what goes on behind the curtains, the people working living in a shared room with no comfort or help if they’re sick. Or worse, living on the streets , in shacks , collecting our garbage bins . The government have no shame. 

I agree...

• Like 2

Some choose to do it some dont 

But making it Legal is  good thing  for the country stop the <deleted> polive raids in the red light districts. And over 20 is a good thing to they  are adults and habe a right to choose what they do to make a living 

Remember the 3 golden rules in ???????? 

1) Dont buy property it will sink or fall over 

2) Dont open a business as the Thai will nail you to the wall  if you do well.  Even if its for your Wife or GF 

3) Dont fall in love with a Bar girl as you be bankrupt before you know it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, sheldoncollier said:

"Voluntary", as in they do it for free? ????

It means * not forced * !  Lots of these girls * belong* to men, or bar madams. Voluntary here means the girls choose themselves if they do or don’t. You think any women would put up with that for fun ?? 

10 hours ago, webfact said:

agreed that voluntary sexual service without any criminal penalties should be allowed from 20

Not only the ladies but, I presume, men as well (gay bars) - catering for all punters?

Edited by Burma Bill
additional information

So a legal sexual services lady ,  aged 20 years & up ,will have to apply to be reistered and will be given a number and card to show the police if challenged . That alone will be open to fraud as it excludes many ladies under the age of 20 years . There will no doubt be ways around it . Secondly the punter will have check on her age to make sure that she complies and he can protect himself from prosecution . Will the free-lance girls and on-line girls comply . There should be regular health checks on the girls for STDs and H.I.V. and a certificate given .

Finally , this registration could open the door for the tax man . Also will there be a set charge for a list of services  ? ( the mind boggles )

• Like 1

8 hours ago, hotchilli said:

The vast majority of prostitutes in Thailand come from impoverished areas or those that have no other viable employment opportunities.

Plant rice for almost no reward, work in a factory for a minimum wage or lay on a beach all day, get wined, dined and laid for 3,000 baht a day.

Young female Thais are almost coerced into the trade to help finance a monthly existence where salaries are largely out of touch with reality.

The same luxury payments can be made in many western countries, and are also way out of touch with minimum wages. To live alone and rent on a minimum wage in for example Netherlands, is even almost impossible. At most a student room or social renting after waiting 10 years on a list first. Also just a minority of girls is doing this in Thailand, if looking at the population.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Dignity is left at the doorstep...

when you're broke, in debt, needing to fund the family dignity doesn't put food on the table or pay the bills.

Excuses, excuses... Many prostitutes are actually addicted to **ck different people without any strings attached. 

There's a psychology to it as well... 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, JackGats said:

Hasn't it been 21 until now? Or is 21 the minimum age at which girls are allowed into strangers' rooms in hotels?

Anyway it stands to reason that there shouldn't be a different age for "prostitution". Legal age should be the same for all types of human endeavours, and it is already unacceptably divorced from biology as it is.

This leglislative creep regarding "prostitution age", age of consent etc. aims at 1) entraping men and 2) protecting the street market value of the femihags' ageing pussy. It purports to protect girls but it doesn't, quite the reverse, as many nubile females are forced to go on living as children, thereby losing precious years out of their already short shelf-life. On the other hand they can have a field day as jailbaits and extortionists under femihag guidance, but I'm sure not all under 20s are happy with this.

To all intents and purposes it's 18 in Thailand.

http://thailawforum.com/sex-crimes-in-thailand-part2-2.html

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

I have Never Paid a girl for sex in Thailand. I have only ever paid them to leave my room. That is Perfectly legal. 

True.  It's also not illegal to pay someone for sexual services provided in your room.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Shocked farang said:

Excuses, excuses... Many prostitutes are actually addicted to **ck different people without any strings attached. 

There's a psychology to it as well... 

Many but not all.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, bristolgeoff said:

It does exist that is what we have being told for years.no sex workers in thailand.Maybe ladies work in the bars but not sex workers thai gov says this does not exist what is changing they mind now

If that was the case why are there many laws regulating prostitution in Thailand?  No one has ever said it "does not exist"! 

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

What does a girl in a factory make? Maybe 12k, with overtime?

How long does a bg need to make that money? Max a week - if she works and not just plays with her phone.

So what about the other 3 weeks in the month? If that job would be so horrible then one would think the girls would work maybe a week in a month and the rest of the time they would study to get a better education and a better job.

But how many girls do that? It seems many are willing to so what they do for the newest iphone and other gadgets. It's obviously up to them if they want to do that. But I am fed up with reading about all those exploited girls who have no alternative. They have!

Many of us know that is simply a PC narrative. The vast majority are doing it out of choice. They may not like it, but they are not being forced into it. 

• Thanks 2