Tourist Takes Action For Being Slapped, Handcuffed By Pub Guard

webfact

4 hours ago, webfact said:

over a misunderstanding about a bottle of water

if sober, you pay, smile, realize it's Thailand, move on.

if drunk, you think, "Hey, are they trying to scam me?!!!!  Is this the beginning of a bigger scam!!!  Hey, I'm not an idiot and I'm not paying 56,000 for a bottle of water."

I understand it, and I've seen lots of farangs change when drunk..........   Oh, I'll come to LOS to meditate, become one with myself, learn how to relax.................  lol

They took him to a back room to negotiate?????        There is MORE to this story!!!!!  

Dude is a plumber, which is a looked-down upon profession in America.  Convince yourself otherwise, but it's hired help.    He needed Thailand!!!  lol

• Like 1
  • Confused 11
  • Sad 8
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Totally agree, if it were me, I would do it just to see the bouncer go to jail, wouldn't be interested in damages as I wouldn't blame the owner for the bouncers actions.

Once the bouncer was in jail, I would like to visit him, and then when face to face behind the glass window, I would blow him a kiss and give him a wink, only then would I feel better and that justice was served.

Question is, would I go to all of this trouble, nope, just better to drop the ball and not play as the bouncer already lost his job.

Why should he go to jail? Does everybody who slaps anybody go to jail? 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Totally agree, if it were me, I would do it just to see the bouncer go to jail, wouldn't be interested in damages as I wouldn't blame the owner for the bouncers actions.

Once the bouncer was in jail, I would like to visit him, and then when face to face behind the glass window, I would blow him a kiss and give him a wink, only then would I feel better and that justice was served.

Question is, would I go to all of this trouble, nope, just better to drop the ball and not play as the bouncer already lost his job.

Unless you are on an go trip.????

1 hour ago, Shop mak said:

Mr. Carhuff could had met the owner already, and received a unknown amount.

What's the point with prosecution of the owner and the guard?

Owner was early very apologetic, closed the Pub for few days, fired the security man who is now famous for all the wrong reasons.

Strongly doubt Mr. Carhuff will get any big Payday, bringing this to Court. 

Well he got 50,000, in a settlement reported just now. Must admit it's more than I expected.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, malibukid said:

plumbers are not looked down upon in America.  what planet are you living on?  what century.  last time i called a plumber it cost me $500.  they can easily make over 100k per year.  its obviously you have never lived in America.

Correct,  my nephew got into a lot of trouble in his youth he finally figure it out early missing out and not taking advantage of the education opportunity it was learning a trade.  Plumber?  

he got into a program with the City I remember standing at a intersection crossing notice him in a hole digging while superior co-worker stood LOL, 5 years forward he was making 150,000 USD,  because an inspector building department opened a side plumbing consulting how to navigate the permit process a few years later he left his gross then was close to half a million a year. 

Edited by thailand49
  • Like 2