Chinese tourists warned not to embroider school names on student uniforms

snoop1130

1. Where can these tourist be found? 

2. Don't the authorities have any real issues to focus on? 

3. Where is the harm? Really. Who is this hurting? Seems kind of fun to me. Who doesn't like an adult woman who is wearing a school uniform? 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bangon04 said:

In the interests of research - if the chinese want to be specific - it is all about the belt buckle, not the embroidery, apparently.

unigirls.jpg

You've confused schoolgirls uniforms with university students uniforms.

The belt buckles are for university uniforms.

I wear my Thai ladies university belt every day.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Rachapon Sirisakorn, a lawyer, said on his Facebook page today (Wednesday) that, according to the Student Uniform Act B.E. 2551 (2008AD), if an individual, who is not a student, wears a student uniform to mislead other people into believing that he or she is a student may violate the law and may face a fine of up to 1,000 baht on conviction.

be-afraid-be-very-afraid.jpg

15 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Around your neck with leash?

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

I blame the Yanks: "In the United States, the words 'school', 'college', and 'university' are used interchangeably in speech when referring to higher education institutions."

https://www.mastersportal.com/articles/2711/whats-the-difference-between-college-and-university-in-the-us-and-uk.html#:~:text=In the United States%2C the,the most frequently used one.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

Actually Thai uniform is very popular in Japan but usually it is the short skirt version.  

Asian girls seem to love cos play.

Another thing I'm completely out of touch on. 

16 hours ago, Dan O said:

All the worry about the possibility of tarnishing a schools image by wearing a school uniform with a name on it but no worries about school staff tarnishing the school image by physically and sexually abusing school students.  We are truly living in an upside down universe in Thailand.

Yep.

They get bent out of shape over the most superficial things while ignoring the rot inside.

• Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Rachapon Sirisakorn, a lawyer, said on his Facebook page today (Wednesday) that, according to the Student Uniform Act B.E. 2551 (2008AD), if an individual, who is not a student, wears a student uniform to mislead other people into believing that he or she is a student may violate the law and may face a fine of up to 1,000 baht on conviction.

Almost as dumb as the concept of mandatory school uniforms itself.

• Confused 1

I wear my sons old school uniforms while painting and do work around the house should I be concern?

Does that also mean after a long day working around the house I head to Windmill on W.S. girls on stage with school uniform or socks I better think twice?????

20 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

That sounds like a ridiculous law. I get why impersonating let's say a police officer by wearing a police uniform is a crime, but impersonating a university student? Unless you use that uniform to sit an exam for someone else or swindle someone into giving you the student price for goods or services purchased, where's the actual harm in merely wearing such a uniform for fun or fashion?

Edited by Caldera

4 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Your comment would have made more sense i you'd have included a photo of an actual Chinese student's uniform.

Must be a Chinese school near my mates condo...... seen her calling round!

20 hours ago, asf6 said:

It's all about the intention. 

"If an individual, who is not a student, wears a student uniform to mislead other people into believing that he or she is a student may violate the law and may face a fine of up to 1,000 baht on conviction."

No intention to mislead, officer. Honest, guv. 

Yeah, I would have thought that a lawyer would be a little sharper on the law and interpreting them.

The article also has the following:

He said that, if the uniform is not embroidered with an actual school’s name, the tourist may be able to wear the uniform with impunity.

So if you have a school name on your uniform but you don't intent or try to mislead someone you're still guilty simply because the school name is there?  And without the school name you couldn't possibly be trying to pass yourself off as a student?

Something not right there.

23 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

School uniforms are good and have many benefits.

I am sure there was a reason back in 2008 for this law

In this case, it was the Student Uniform Act, under which non-students can be fined for dressing up as students and then misbehaving in ways that might harm the reputation of a school. That was enough for the Office of the Basic Education Commission to issue a warning to tourists.

But the Ministry of Education said on Thursday that the visitors did not have any intention to make fun of any educational institutions.

The ministry’s regulations related to uniforms were aimed only at preventing wrongdoers from wearing uniforms to falsely blame a school or to cover up a crime, the ministry said.

Edited by kingstonkid
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, NoDisplayName said:

The schoolgirl outfits are very popular in China.  They love to play dress-up in Korean/Japanese cosplay outfits and spend hours taking photos for their WeChat pages and making cute dance videos for TikTok.

And that's all there is to it. Harmless cosplay. And not illegal if it's not done to impersonate students. People who are full of evil themselves love to read evil intent where there is none. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jonathan Swift said:

And that's all there is to it. Harmless cosplay. And not illegal if it's not done to impersonate students. People who are full of evil themselves love to read evil intent where there is none. Let these kids alone and let them have their fun. 

• Like 1