100,000 pages of evidence in 40 boxes - Big Joke prepares cases against 116 corrupt immigration men - offices named

webfact

14 hours ago, novacova said:

It’s individuals such as this that come here for the wrong reasons. Only one debased thought in mind and a warped view towards women that ultimately tends to treat women here like trash. Though the real trash are the ones that come here with such intent and maybe they happen to be the majority that skirt the law. So do I care what happens to these types? No, not one bit, I can care less. If someone gets caught up in a failed visa situation from working with an agent, then fine and no pity from this camp because it’s solely on them, their responsibility 100%, aware of the risks or not. And if what is said here gets in the crawl of anyone here, then good, because that affect brings a warm glowing feeling. So please say some more ????????????

Words fail me  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/10/2023 at 1:56 AM, Thailand said:

I guess BJ will not have too many friends. There will be a lot of pockets out of baht and that will not go down well.

Most unlikely that he is going solo , probably a factional powerplay , he will have allies.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

Jomtien is a walk in the park compared to Chaeng Wattana/Laksi in Bangkok. I used Jomtien twice when I lived in Patts, but most of my time was spent in Bangkok.

I would say on average it took 30 minutes in Jomtien, and 2 hours at CW. I think it's just down to the sheer volume of people that use the Bangkok office.

When are you talking of here. Recent times Jomtien is packed....but a few other places being worse is hardly a surprise!

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, novacova said:

It’s individuals such as this that come here for the wrong reasons. Only one debased thought in mind and a warped view towards women that ultimately tends to treat women here like trash. Though the real trash are the ones that come here with such intent and maybe they happen to be the majority that skirt the law. So do I care what happens to these types? No, not one bit, I can care less. If someone gets caught up in a failed visa situation from working with an agent, then fine and no pity from this camp because it’s solely on them, their responsibility 100%, aware of the risks or not. And if what is said here gets in the crawl of anyone here, then good, because that affect brings a warm glowing feeling. So please say some more ????????????

"Methinks the lady proteth too much " Ex smoker syndrome comes to mind.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I was in the Visa agents office waiting my turn and in front of me an Australian couple were being told how they were going to get the 15 month conversion/extension retirement plan. No mention whatsoever of it being a bypass of regulations.... you are huffing and puffing but this is a common situation and I have yet to hear of it causing problems. I think it is absolutely credible that people applying may not know fully the requirements... that is perhaps why they are in an agent's office. 

So many coming here for a holiday never check to see what's required, but if they do meet the requirements yes an agent is appropriate, but if not we'll there you go and is why corruption exists and why many get taken for a ride up to and over 30k Thb to stay here. They then believe as the Mandalorian says "This is the Way" ???? 

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

So many coming here for a holiday never check to see what's required, we'll there you go and is why corruption exists and why mantmy get taken for a ride up to and over 30k Thb to stay here. They them believe as the Mandalorian says "This is the Way" ???? 

And quite likely, coming from places where regulations are not so readily bypassed, simply do not grasp they are party to helping promote these somewhat 'corrupt practices.'.  In the agent's office, tempting to stick my nose in, being an English speaker, but we know that would not go down well. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

And quite likely, coming from places where regulations are not so readily bypassed, simply do not grasp they are party to helping promote these somewhat 'corrupt practices.'.  In the agent's office, tempting to stick my nose in, being an English speaker, but we know that would not go down well. 

Perfect sense your post does make. As I said if you meet the requirements and don't know how to do it, we'll then using an agent is appropriate.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

but it is not non-existing as several farangs have found out in the past resulting in them being deported and denied access to re-enter Thailand for 5-10 years. 

I really have never heard of such a problem.... all I recall was the very historical exit/entry stamps whereby persons were sitting in a Bangkok bar drinking while their passports went on a trip to a border point to be stamped. That said.... maybe one day.  

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

On 3/10/2023 at 3:39 PM, trainman34014 said:

Big Joke is rightfully going for the throat at Immigration as he was deliberately dumped on in the past when trying to do a decent job of getting many of these Corrupt and Lazy Officers out of the Service or actually 'working' for a living. 

They thought they had got rid of him for good but he is having the last laugh !

Let's hope that there is not too much collateral damage of farangs being deported because they made use of Agents that circumvented the financial requirements for their Visa/extension by having it handled at one of those 9 offices currently under scrutiny.

It's not the case that some of us may not have the 800,000THB, It's more than the case that some of us don't want to park that amount of cash in a Thai Bank for 5 months.

Wise (Transferwise) now paying 4.17% interest on USD cash balances with them, so parking 800,000THB in USD for 5 months would cover the agent's fees and all the hassle.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 3/11/2023 at 12:49 PM, IvorBiggun2 said:

A Danish guy, some years back, rode his moped the 370km, one way, from our village to Pattaya 4 times a year to go to immigration.

The only plausible reason for doing so, is that he got his Visa/extension in Pattaya and so for Immigration purposes he is a Pattaya resident and has to do his 90-day reports there (probably not aware of the on-line or postal option to do so). 

It's as good as certain that he got his Visa/extension by using an Agent to circumvent the financial requirements, and so he is avoiding to relocate to the actual province where he is living.  Such a relocation requires a visit to the Immigration Office and he would be concerned that the local Imm Officer might ask him to show his bank pass-book that he meets the conditions under which his Visa/extension has been issued (which he cannot show if the Agent circumvented the financial requirements) and that would expose him as being in Thailand on a non-valid Visa/extension.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 3/11/2023 at 1:34 PM, itsari said:

Only you and a few strange thinking people think it is illegal .

The practice of using agents when not all the requirements are met has been active for decades .

Big joke will not change anything on that line I am quite sure .

I hope - for all the farangs that used an Agent to circumvent the financial requirements for their Visa/extension - that you are right.

But if Big Joke is determined to weed out corruption in the local Immigration Offices, he would have to set some examples by ousting a bunch of Imm Officers 'on the take' by overlooking the financial requirements in Visa/extension applications.  But the farangs that were serviced by these Imm Officers might turn out to become collateral damage in such process.

There are many Immigration Offices (e.g. my own SiSaKet one) where any hanky-panky with meeting the requirements is strictly prohibited. But I am pretty sure that it would be tempting for Immigration Officers, when some of their colleagues in other provinces are making a multifold of their monthly salary by simply overlooking that a requirement was not met.

And Big Joke knows that without some examples being set from time to time, the practice would gradually spread to more and more offices. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

41 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

If your Visa or extension stamp shows one of those 9 offices currently under scrutiny (it's the first line of the Visa stamp that tells WHICH office issued it) and you are worried, you can PM me to discuss your options.

Was advised a long time ago that it’s important to know how to deal with police, not only in Thailand.

If you get arrested for something ridiculous e.g. wearing shorts on a Tuesday afternoon, don’t offer a bribe. They’re having a laugh, and will think you’re totally stupid and keep going. Stand your ground and mention Embassies and lawyer friends.

If you definitely have broken the law then is the time to get out the cigarettes and say “let’s sit down and talk about this”. You can almost always reach an agreement to avoid prosecution.

3 minutes ago, The Fugitive said:

Was advised a long time ago that it’s important to know how to deal with police, not only in Thailand.

If you get arrested for something ridiculous e.g. wearing shorts on a Tuesday afternoon, don’t offer a bribe. They’re having a laugh, and will think you’re totally stupid and keep going. Stand your ground and mention Embassies and lawyer friends.

If you definitely have broken the law then is the time to get out the cigarettes and say “let’s sit down and talk about this”. You can almost always reach an agreement to avoid prosecution.

Ergo.....corruption lives.....facilitated by your comment itself.

12 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Immigration Officer asking to show your Bank Pass-book to see whether you still meet the conditions under which it was issued.

This is now happening if you want to do anything at CW (certainly "L" section, don't know for sure about others).

Edited by mokwit
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

The Visa/Extension stamp you received in your passport is not fake.

But the process by which you received it - when making use of an Agent and/or corrupt Imm Officer to bypass the financial requirements - makes it invalid.

Many people seem not to be aware that the Visa/Extension has been provided under the condition that you continue meeting the financial requirements under which it was issued.  And when you got it in an 'under the table' way, you will not be able to provide that evidence. It's a simple mater of an Immigration Officer asking to show your Bank Pass-book to see whether you still meet the conditions under which it was issued.

Dont rave so.Those conditions you speak of waived by the officer approving the extension.. ergo'seasoning'. Therefore  there is no requirement to maintain the bank balance. Next.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Red Phoenix said:

There is nothing wrong with using a Visa Agent to help you with your application and navigate the often complex Immigration requirements.  Such a hand-holding/representation service typically costs approx 5.000,- THB. But when using an Agent (or the Agent suggesting you) to circumvent the financial requirements, you should be aware that a Visa/extension acquired that way is not legit. The risk is very small that your file will be lifted in a 'crack-up' operation by Imm Headquarters, but it is not non-existing as several farangs have found out in the past resulting in them being deported and denied access to re-enter Thailand for 5-10 years. 

Its the guys that pay 15,000 plus who are obviously breaking the law.. 

Dothey know the risks of Deportation? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, mikeymike100 said:

Correct, the extensions of stay stamped in your passport,  if done at an immigration office are valid and legal, whether you go thru an agent or if you go personally.  The stamps are genuine as are the signature on it and its in the immigration data base. As you say if they weren't the IO's at the airport would pick them up.

Visas I believe can only be obtained outside of Thailand,  at an Embassy or Consul?

Yes the stamps in your passport are valid.

BUT if you got them by bypassing the financial requirements using an Agent or corrupt Imm Office, that makes them invalid.

At border immigration they will not be able to detect this, but if an Immigration Officer requests you to show your Bank pass-book as evidence that you are still meeting the conditions under which the Visa/extension was provided, you would not be able to do so.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Dont rave so.Those conditions you speak of waived by the officer approving the extension.. ergo'seasoning'. Therefore  there is no requirement to maintain the bank balance. Next.

You are mistaken.

There IS a requirement to maintain the required bank-balance during the validity of your Non Imm O permission to stay. 

And it is being checked (not 'waived') by the Imm Officer when you apply for your next extension whether you met those conditions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Fugitive said:

1 hour ago, Red Phoenix said:

I hope - for all the farangs that used an Agent to circumvent the financial requirements for their Visa/extension - that you are right.

But if Big Joke is determined to weed out corruption in the local Immigration Offices, he would have to set some examples by ousting a bunch of Imm Officers 'on the take' by overlooking the financial requirements in Visa/extension applications.  But the farangs that were serviced by these Imm Officers might turn out to become collateral damage in such process.

There are many Immigration Offices (e.g. my own SiSaKet one) where any hanky-panky with meeting the requirements is strictly prohibited. But I am pretty sure that it would be tempting for Immigration Officers, when some of their colleagues in other provinces are making a multifold of their monthly salary by simply overlooking that a requirement was not met.

And Big Joke knows that without some examples being set from time to time, the practice would gradually spread to more and more offices. 

So you know what Big Joke knows ? Please , he has had enough time to make a conviction on the immigration law concerning officers using there discretion concerning the financial requirements for a visa extension . 

37 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Yes the stamps in your passport are valid.

BUT if you got them by bypassing the financial requirements using an Agent or corrupt Imm Office, that makes them invalid.

At border immigration they will not be able to detect this, but if an Immigration Officer requests you to show your Bank pass-book as evidence that you are still meeting the conditions under which the Visa/extension was provided, you would not be able to do so.

Have you any knowledge of a person having had there visa declared invalid because of using a agent and a immigration officer using his discretion ?

I do not believe you will find one case as you described . 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

Let's hope that there is not too much collateral damage of farangs being deported because they made use of Agents that circumvented the financial requirements for their Visa/extension by having it handled at one of those 9 offices currently under scrutiny.

Why ? Getting everyone legal would mean that it is easier for those law-abiding persons. 

Thailand is one of the easiest countries in the world to get a long term visa legally, those who cheat the system are not good for the image of farnag here. 

Edited by Neeranam
  • Like 2