China warns Philippines ‘not to bring wolves into the house’

Scott

China warns Philippines ‘not to bring wolves into the house’

The Chinese embassy urged the Philippines to move in the right direction to maintain good neighborly relations and warned the country to “do not bring wolves into the house”.

“China, the Philippines and other countries in the region are in the process of recovering from Covid-19. We should be on the right track to maintain good neighborly relations and achieve mutual benefits, instead of being distracted by The forces are pouring fuel on the fire and dividing us,” the Chinese embassy in the Philippines said on March 12.

https://vietnam.postsen.com/world/260419/China-warns-Philippines-‘not-to-bring-wolves-into-the-house’.html

Working at Vietnam Post | Glassdoor

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, NORDO said:

Agreed

the events that  took place in the  Pacific during pre WWII are slowly evolving in present day. Only a different player.

The current World affairs are just a mask for him. The western Countries are far to occupied with Eastern  Europe and MENA.  
Previous industrial nations are at an all time low and ill prepared to ramp up production in order to counter an offensive.  As well, many of the Western nations have “farmed out” much of their industrial capacity.

The Western World is to occupied  with our personal needs to accept our lives will change dramatically for he worse  in the next Ten to Twenty years.

I seriously question whether the younger gens are able to fathom this, or even be able to muster a successful defense.    I’ll be pushing up daisy's  by then, but it still infuriates me that the younger gens is willing to <deleted> away  everything our previous gens fought and died for.   They want a “ WOKE” culture and they sure as hell will get one, but not the kind they want.

You may not notice it, but the U.S. is gradually redeploying forces to the Pacific to counter Chinese aggression.  And existing forces are being restructured in this direction.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, wwest5829 said:

While I consider myself as an "old friend" of China recognizing its rich history and wishing for China to take its place as one of the world's leading nations, I think the PRC has overstepped in its declaration of sovereignty over most of the South China Sea. Pushback was inevitable against the unilateral action. I support and encourage international navel flotillas regularly freely sailing in these international waters and an outright refusal to acknowledge China's unilateral claim. China has brought the need to defend against China's action. The only deescalation way to save face is an international treaty dealing with the South China Sea claim withdrawal - with multinational rights to the resources and environmental protections. China needs to take the leadership in this to save face and show that increased defenses by surrounding nations is not needed.

Wishful thinking. The unfortunate reality is that Xi is a gambler, and the West and Taiwan are not prepared. The next few years are really dangerous. 

• Like 1

To put it simply I think they are projecting (they are the wolf) I’d love to see a sizable international fleet with carriers sailing through the region on a regular basis + it’s excellent training if god forbid it’s needed for real

21 hours ago, Denim said:

I don't think the Philippines will Panda to the Chinese when it comes to national security

President Duterte did. So will some future Philippine President or dictator. America is stupid beyond belief to once again knock on their door with a bag full of money. The next Philippine power person will want more and threaten to get back into bed with the Chinese to get it. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, IAMHERE said:

President Duterte did. So will some future Philippine President or dictator. America is stupid beyond belief to once again knock on their door with a bag full of money. The next Philippine power person will want more and threaten to get back into bed with the Chinese to get it. 

Bong Bong's father, Ferdinand used the communist insurgency as leverage to milk the U.S.  He even created fake firefights with the New Peoples Army (NPA) to prolong martial law.

Edited by Hawaiian
clarification
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, IAMHERE said:

Actually, even Duterte ultimately repented of his stance on China.

Duterte’s Dalliance With China Is Over

The mercurial leader has realigned Manila with Washington as tensions rise in Asia.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2021/11/02/duterte-china-philippines-united-states-defense-military-geopolitics/

It was the one policy of his that was always unpopular with the Filipino people. Given that China continues to commit aggression against the territorial waters,islands, and people of the Philippines, there isn't much chance that Duterte's China rapprochement will be revived.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Hawaiian said:

Bong Bong's father, Ferdinand used the communist insurgency as leverage to milk the U.S.  He even created fake firefights with the New Peoples Army (NPA) to prolong martial law.

Ferdinand crossed a red line when he had Benigno Aquino Sr killed. That attack on the elite was too much. Marcos Jr seems to be threading the needle by having Duterte's daughter as his VP while taking a stand against China. 

On 3/13/2023 at 9:04 AM, soi3eddie said:

....whilst China builds man made islands in the South China sea and does as it pleases over neighbouring territory. Just take a look at the "nine dash line" to see how much of the area China considers it's territory. 

Map of China in the South China Sea

That'll be the upside down "house" innit? 

6 hours ago, placnx said:

Ferdinand crossed a red line when he had Benigno Aquino Sr killed. That attack on the elite was too much. Marcos Jr seems to be threading the needle by having Duterte's daughter as his VP while taking a stand against China. 

Yet the U.S. rescued him and Imelda by flying them out of the country to be resettled in Hawaii.  There they were revered by the large Ilocano population which until today consider him a national hero who did no wrong.

On 3/13/2023 at 3:11 AM, vandeventer said:

Just how many countries are truly friends with China?

They making friends all the time,  Saudi Arabia have become a beneficial and a strong partner in crime. 

We do not like to think about it, but we know how this is going down one way or the other. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Hawaiian said:

Yet the U.S. rescued him and Imelda by flying them out of the country to be resettled in Hawaii.  There they were revered by the large Ilocano population which until today consider him a national hero who did no wrong.

Getting them out was also in aiding a democratic transition. Ilocos Norte is their territory in the old feudal system which persists today.

2 hours ago, placnx said:

Getting them out was also in aiding a democratic transition. Ilocos Norte is their territory in the old feudal system which persists today.

Here in Hawaii, most Ilocanos still subscribe to the Marcos cult.  They get totally bent out of shape when anyone tries to point out the atrocities committed by the Marcos regime and the billions he and his cronies stole.  One guy whom I spoke with was a member of the presidential guard and said "It's all lies."