Pattaya: Five provincial cops transferred to inactive posts after two women shaken down in drugs busts

webfact

???????????? The norm transfer or inactive post still job different area to extort from ! How's granny ratting everyone was hers then boyfriend this that typical ???? BBQ crew  

Edited by Mad mick
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, phetphet said:

A 60 y.o grandma doing ice? :shock1:

remember that even old farts like us were young once. My indulgences were in the 60s and 70s and if I hadn't wised up I might be an old drug addled grandpa right now. Undoubtedly this is a case of drug use being passed down through the family. I feel sorry for these people, the real bad guys and criminals are the Chinese gangs who traffic in drugs and human beings, taking advantage of the addicted. I know nothing of the subject, but I suspect drug rehab treatment is not a thing in Thailand, but I hope I'm wrong. My brother died of an OD at age 42 in  2002. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

10 minutes ago, Jonathan Swift said:

remember that even old farts like us were young once. My indulgences were in the 60s and 70s and if I hadn't wised up I might be an old drug addled grandpa right now. Undoubtedly this is a case of drug use being passed down through the family. I feel sorry for these people, the real bad guys and criminals are the Chinese gangs who traffic in drugs and human beings, taking advantage of the addicted. I know nothing of the subject, but I suspect drug rehab treatment is not a thing in Thailand, but I hope I'm wrong. My brother died of an OD at age 42 in  2002. 

I believe it is very good in Thailand.  From what I've read there is/are temples that use a drug that's banned in the west which ends addiction almost immediately.  Then the persons system is flushed.  

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

Restricted duty... they should be in prison

They have to be convicted first. If they are guilty then yes prison and sacked from the police. I'm not sure how often that happens though.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Her and Anna sought police protection from police in the case.

Is that the best place to go for protection?

Sounds like protecting yourself against a dangerous lion by getting in the same cage...

1 hour ago, BritScot said:

I believe it is very good in Thailand.  From what I've read there is/are temples that use a drug that's banned in the west which ends addiction almost immediately.  Then the persons system is flushed.  

and what would that be ? Doubt its ibogiane in Thai temples.

12 hours ago, 2baht said:

It does'nt work that way! Cops capable of grafting 100,000 baht are well skilled, an asset to the force! :jap:

In this case it sounds like the money was going into their own pockets rather than kicked back upwards. One of the first <deleted> moments in Thailand was when a guy who was a drugie himself and a pimp, had a brother who was a cop. My gf (mistake) at the time one night said he's leaving (a bar) to go with his brother to shake down a guy they caught with drugs. This guy was not a police officer yet he went on the "bust"...