Poll shows most oppose liberalisation of alcohol, e-cigarettes, cannabis and gambling

snoop1130

Meanwhile, Assist Professor Dr. Wit Kasemsap, director of the Tobacco Control, Research and Knowledge Management Centre (TRC), said that an opinion poll on proposed legalisation of e-cigarettes shows that 47% of the respondents agree that such proposal is more harmful than useful to the public

Bet he’s not getting brown envelopes from the fag makers. Why even bother asking for his lopsided opinion, or any in this fudged poll for that matter? Ask a teetotaller should alcohol be banned, blah blah. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, spidermike007 said:

The poll was likely limited to the people who work in the department that controls alcohol. There is about a zero percent chance the public would support the silly, juvenile, draconian rules regarding the prohibition of purchasing alcohol during certain hours, or on certain holidays. Zero. 

Don't know about that and find it unlikely. You are just blowing hot exhaust gasses.. There are many religious people in  the public of Thailand who assuredly would oppose the selling of alcohol on religious days, as well as less religious types who would have reservations about it being sold all night long.  I do find the silliness of alcohol sale restrictions  in the mornings and mid afternoon as overkill. Some people do their shopping about then! 

• Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I do find the silliness of alcohol sale restrictions  in the mornings and mid afternoon as overkill. Some people do their shopping about then! 

I'm sure I'm not alone in having to fit my shopping hours around this stupid law if I need to re-stock my beer supply.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:
20 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I'm sure I'm not alone in having to fit my shopping hours around this stupid law if I need to re-stock my beer supply.

Just change the supplier, it doesn't have to come from Big C or 7/11, plenty of shops with more convenient licensing hours

That depends on where you live and what variety the non-chain shops sell, doesn't it? There are none within 50 kms of my place.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

That depends on where you live and what variety the non-chain shops sell, doesn't it? There are none within 50 kms of my place.

You are lucky really , used to be like that where I live but now there are   6  7/11's  (at the last count),   A big tesco , A big C,    A little c,  and now a little tesco , however I have long since developed a "taste" for Chang. Although  If I fancy a change  I'm not far from the border and there is a much better selection of beer and indeed all things western in Cambodia

• Like 2

I see an awful lot of stoned people walking about , the cannabis trend has taken over Thailand. Not sure this will attract the tourists the government like ,  and I’m sure it’s bad news for Thailand in the long run. PS, I am not anti cannabis. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, geisha said:

I see an awful lot of stoned people walking about , the cannabis trend has taken over Thailand. Not sure this will attract the tourists the government like ,  and I’m sure it’s bad news for Thailand in the long run. PS, I am not anti cannabis. 

I wonder where you go and so on because i never see them. I do see a lot of drunks and car crashes involving alcohol. If they want to ban something alcohol would be better to ban.

You can sometimes recognize if someone is stoned by their eyes. Its much harder to see then a drunk person as it impairs movement. Do you look up close in their eyes or ?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1