Where can I buy a bottle of nice Port?

giddyup

9 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Only RN? Tsk tsk.

Can you get this blood transfusion in Thailand?

I wish, I really wish ???? 

Have to get it brought over by family, along with the "real" navy rum (although I missed "the tot" by a few years ???? ).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had been looking awhile here in Chiang Mai and ended up finding one at Rimping so not sure if Pattaya has a Rimping.

The Rimping I did find it at had a great selection of alcohols but disappeared after the large shopping centre, Promenada it was in "temporarily" closed down.

1 hour ago, Dazinoz said:

I had been looking awhile here in Chiang Mai and ended up finding one at Rimping so not sure if Pattaya has a Rimping.

The Rimping I did find it at had a great selection of alcohols but disappeared after the large shopping centre, Promenada it was in "temporarily" closed down.

No, none here, all in CM. 

16 hours ago, xylophone said:

I do love a good Port and I have found an importer and wholesaler here from whom I buy mine, and they deliver and I've tasted two of their "Ruby" ports, and I'd have to say there were nearer to the old "Late Bottled Vintage Port" than the plain old "Ruby" that can be seen in many places here (yes even Grahams and Taylors).

They are about 30% cheaper than those mentioned above and details can be found: –

Quinta do Portal Fine Ruby Porto

https://vinumlector.com/our-wines/?swoof=1&product_cat=portugal

The best (and only) real port, of course, comes from Portugal and although countries like Australia and New Zealand do produce what is called a "port", it isn't a patch on that from Portugal and I'm not even sure these days that it can be called a "port" and certaily not a Vintage Port!

Interesting, wonder why no prices are given?

7 minutes ago, proton said:

Interesting, wonder why no prices are given?

They do have a huge selection of wines and they do have a price list which you request by email.

Something I should mention is that there is a minimum order, which is 6 bottles for ther Port......can't remember about the wines as now get mine from Wine Pro and a great wine shop in Patong called "Aleena House".

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, PoorSucker said:
21 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I'd expect Best Supermarket to sell it, on North Pattaya road by Dolphin roundabout 

Was going to suggest this.

Is Best Supermarket @  Klang and Second still open? I found they had a decent selection as well several years back.

On 3/19/2023 at 6:31 AM, jacko45k said:

So far we got Chiangmai, Phuket and now Portugal! 

Well no real surprises because Port originates in Portugal and the distributor I mentioned from my location in Phuket, actually has a centre in Pattaya, so will deliver there..........and as for Chiang Mai, not so sure about that!!