RTP chief says people WILL be allowed to ride in the back of pick-ups at Songkran 2023 - but only FOUR!

webfact

"They would also have to stick to the left and not hog the right lane by barriers."   Shouldn't that be the case year round and applicable to all vehicles?  Why just Songkran?  And after Songkran, as many as can fit in the back of pick up!!!!!!!!?????  The country is run and controlled by total idiots!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

But only four at a time.

What a laugh, another load of verbal clap trap from the police in Bangkok. It will NEVER be policed up North. During my 20 years of retirement in rural Lanna then Isaan, every Songkran it was the same routine and my duty to drive the family members all packed in the back of my pick-up, along with the iced water drum and water pistols, to join in the water drenching in our local town. As driver and sole occupant of the cab, I always locked the doors and windows to prevent myself from getting wet and covered in white powder. I never drank alcohol doing this so as to keep 100% alert of the many inebriated idiots around me. The windscreen wipers were always active. I relaxed with a beer in our local bar when back home. Such rules coming out of Bangkok some 800 kms away, were usually ignored. I no longer live in Thailand, but I am certain it will be "as usual" this time around. 

Edited by Burma Bill
additional information
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Andre0720 said:

Sounds logical though.

Towards an objective of fewer deaths on the road during Songkran, by limiting the number of eventual deaths in pick-up trucks to no more than 4.

What about the other 8 squeezed into the cabin who would normaly be in the back. Just more empty nonsense from the empty headed ones that have these thought bubbles. This will be the 1st real Songkran for many years. Maybe in BKK/greater BKK things will not be as much fun. The provinces who knows but I would imagine more than 4 in the back.

Edited by dinsdale
  • Like 1

What a dufus he is! 

If folks sit on the sides of utes as this pic shows no wonder they get hurt. The vast majority of ute and packs of workers being flung out of the back of trucks like rag dolls is usually speed, overloading, drivers drunk after work, driving clean off the road, and the ignoring of just about every other form of sane driving practices. 

Its all same same but different once again.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, dinsdale said:

What about the other 8 squeezed into the cabin?

What about following the actual law and the police stop playing maverick to 'adjust' laws as they please, which they have no athrty to do.  Total joke, no wonder there's tota; confusion about law and order and the rules of the road and all of course opening opportunities for .... and more death on the roads. 

4 minutes ago, scorecard said:

What about following the actual law and the police stop playing maverick to 'adjust' laws as they please, which they have no athrty to do.  Total joke, no wonder there's tota; confusion about law and order and the rules of the road and all of course opening opportunities for .... and more death on the roads. 

Yes. There is ideal and there is reality. Reality is TIT.

He expected things to be better than in previous elections when it comes to violence but expected the election laws to be flouted by certain influential groups.

About which he and his "team" would  do absolutely nothing, of course, because  he wants to remain in his position, at least until he's got his money back

Buildings are built but get run down in a couple of years. Asian mentality with grandiose attitudes without proper foresight or follow through. M Ideas just run out steam left half baked. Speaking of which even vegetables are only partially cooked in Asian foods. It’s in their DNA. 

This is certainly a strange country?

I come from a western democracy where the Government makes the laws and the Police (etc) administer the laws.

It seems here that the Government makes the laws and other departments of the Government are able to change them and administer them as they se fit ?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Andre0720 said:

Sounds logical though.

Towards an objective of fewer deaths on the road during Songkran, by limiting the number of eventual deaths in pick-up trucks to no more than 4.

I got in too late. SORRY

Edited by KannikaP

13 minutes ago, 3NUMBAS said:

a neighbor who was drunk fell out the back of a truck and sustained  a cracked skull from which he never recovered  ..mort

This is sad. did you know him well?

The BinL fell out of a pick-up, but never hurt himself much. Just a bruised elbow. He hadn't been drinking as far as I know. Reckon he fell simply fell asleep. Good job it wasn't moving.

Edited by owl sees all

Let em pack them in.

If there's an accident it doesn't really matter how many are in the back.

Better if they lower the extortionate taxes on buying a vehicle making them more affordable for the common Thai person. 

11 hours ago, jacko45k said:

So what are we saying here... laws can be suspended or modified at the whim of  the Police General? 

Not the laws exactly, but the enforcement of them. Police around the world tend to have some discretion like that. Surely at some point in your life you've technically broken a law that was chosen not to be enforced. More so if you're the right color, of course, but that's a different discussion.