You can take the girl out of the bar, but can you take the bar out of the girl?

Goat

19 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I received more than enough attention with my sexy young girlfriend some time ago. Did I care? No. Because I am sure most guys would be happy to be with a sexy girl. And obviously most women don't like competition.

Do you really think about what other people think or point at when you select the girl you want to go out with? If you really do that then, IMHO, grow some balls. 

687210749_HughHefnerposeswithParisHilton.png.e430a0efc19f4e1713c3df29fd634600.png

Paris Hilton? Really? ☺️

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, NextG said:

Paris Hilton? Really? ☺️

What do you think do most guys think about Hugh Hefner in that position? Do they think: He should sit with a woman of his own age? Or do they more likely think: I wish I would be next to her.

15 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Yes, not all women are good wives or mothers.

And that includes good girls, women with decent education and jobs, etc.

And let's not forget that the definition of a good mother is different in Thailand.

I was told that here many people think a good mother works hard and makes a lot of money and she send that money to her parents who take care of the children.

I other countries mothers are supposed to be best if they spend 100% of their time taking care of their children.

But it seems there are also different opinions about that in the western world. 

Interesting the way your explanation equates providing money is to love the children as opposed to

Spending time, entertaining, creating memories, enjoying the company of a loved one, this appears somewhat secondary

Grandma may be a lovely person but hardly a modern day role model for anything other than the subsistence life in the village

Its a massive difference in cultures, and how does the poor Thai girl then show her love for her husband, in the farang relationship?

21 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Happy enough with mine out of the entertainment industry, and she was a real stunner age 33, 6 years and counting.

"...mine out of the entertainment industry".

Wow, you were lucky, was she a singer, comedienne, chat show host, something like that?!  I think the posters on this thread are assuming ex-bar girls are being discussed! 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, 473geo said:

Interesting the way your explanation equates providing money is to love the children as opposed to

Spending time, entertaining, creating memories, enjoying the company of a loved one, this appears somewhat secondary

Grandma may be a lovely person but hardly a modern day role model for anything other than the subsistence life in the village

Its a massive difference in cultures, and how does the poor Thai girl then show her love for her husband, in the farang relationship?

I can't answer your questions.

But I heard enough stories from Thais how they think things should be. And the mother making lots of money so that the grandparents can take care of her children is part of it. Don't ask me why.

In general I think there are so many aspects of Thai culture which don't make much sense to most of us. We can observe and see how things are. But understand? I don't even try to understand it anymore. It just is. 

• Thumbs Up 2

8 minutes ago, proton said:
43 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

How old were you when you were knocking about with 16-year old girls?

I never knocked about with 16 year old girls.

Boys, then, whatever floats your boat. 

Or were you just a late starter as a lad?

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 1
  • Love It 1

54 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"...mine out of the entertainment industry".

Wow, you were lucky, was she a singer, comedienne, chat show host, something like that?!  I think the posters on this thread are assuming ex-bar girls are being discussed! 

I think she was some kind of dancer.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

What do you think do most guys think about Hugh Hefner in that position? Do they think: He should sit with a woman of his own age? Or do they more likely think: I wish I would be next to her.

I don’t know what most guys would think, but I would choose someone who I actually like and who likes me. 
I was in a similar situation to you. Seventeen year old who modified her ID card to show she was twenty five. 
I didn’t meet her in a bar. In fact she saw me and followed the songthaew in which I was sitting. 
Was only on a short trip, so it was nice to have someone with whom to chat and eat etc

Teddy bears, flowers, gifts left outside my accommodation. 
I even told her that I had a European girlfriend; but she decided that I was the  one for her somehow. When I was leaving eight days later, I was genuinely taken aback by the tears and amount of mucus produced. 

We met again on a later trip. I was just naive and tried to be friendly and caring ☺️
Ironically, during the ensuing nightmare, there was a place at the South Pattaya market where I would buy fruit. There was a young girl working there, maybe fourteen to fifteen. She would teach me the names of the fruit in Thai language. It was funny and pleasant. 
I even organised that myself and Thai girl treat her on her day off. 
What was I thinking? ???? 

At MK, the fruit seller sat in front of me and Thai girl to the side of her. Fruit seller unzipped her top to try to show cleavage. I was confused as to what was happening and Thai girl was enraged. A meeting was convened by agreeing to go to the bathroom, leaving the fruit seller seated. Thai girl was apoplectic with rage. 
It turned out that the fruit seller had seen Thai girl with another guy and confronted her(she knew who she was, as we would buy fruit from there together) and demanded that she give me up so that she could be with me ????

No one had bothered to discuss this with me ???? Fruit seller told me afterwards. Awkward ☺️
Needless to say, I didn’t pursue any relationship with this girl. Only saw myself as a friend. 
Young girls can be super intense. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, proton said:

My age is not in question yours is, how old where you with the child?

How old were you when you eventually held a birds hand, would put us more in your picture, ol' chap.................:wub:

• Love It 1

22 hours ago, BritManToo said:

What percentage of the 50% that aren't divorced do you think are happy?

I'd guess 50% divorce, 30% living in mutual hate, 20% happy.

Nearly all LTRs are a poop show in the end.

At least in Thailand we can choose how much of our assets we are prepared to lose.

And we can pick from the relatively hot ones weighing under 50Kg.

Just look what James Bond got stuck with ............

I know people get love and companionship, etc., and there are kids and then grandkids involved, but it does sometimes seem crazy that you end up with a man still working hard to make money in his 50s and 60s, while the woman (who some might claim brought mainly her youthful body to the relationship) is in no way providing what she did when they first got together.  (With the main thing propping it all up being the threat of divorce rape or social ostracisation for the man.)

It really gets the noggin' joggin'.

• Thanks 1

I've lived her ten years and never seen a successful bar girl / farang relationship. When you think about it, really isn't a recipe for a great trustful / mutual respect relationship on either side. One is viewed as a monger and the other a prostitute. Of these relationships I have seen at best the guy is living under sufferance with a hateful dissatisfied partner (trapped in "his" home basically waiting to die) and doesn't have the funds or income to move elsewhere. At worst the guy invests everything he has thinking after the initial investment of Home, cars, gold for the wife etc he can settle down to a more moderate lifestyle...until he finds out his "wife" has other ideas. The goose has stopped laying golden eggs, all the assets are in her name...should be easy enough to find another one. Recently seen a few older guys I know get abandoned or neglected when their health takes a turn for the worse. That's the big assumption (illusion) isn't it....... that they will take care of you when you get old or crook (even though they have never shown any interest in taking care of you when you were healthy and able). Having said all that I don't know that I have seen much better outcomes with "normal" farang / Thai relationships....even of balanced age and status. Most seem to be financial based where the wife is expecting some type of renumeration for downgrading to a foreigner. Some of the worst disasters I have seen have been older guys settling down with older women in villages. Gambling being the biggest downfall. Latest story I heard 15 mill home, couple of luxury cars and motorbikes and not only did she lose that lot but indebted herself for a further 5 mill. All while the husband was offshore working.

I am sure there are successful, happy mixed relationships here but in my experience they are not the norm unless the guy has deep pockets and placates most of the spouses whims. I have been through the ringer, not burnt too badly financially but don't have the funds to gamble investing in a women here to any degree. I can provide a nice, caring lifestyle but buying houses / property for people with a 6th grade education / maturity without any security for myself is something I will not do again. Unfortunately this leads to a perpetually unsatisfied partner and a relationship with a use by date. These days I do what I believe is right and proper for everyone...not for one. 

As one of the members here told me....it's a carrot and stick situation. Once you give them the carrot all is lost. We get sucked in with "it's the culture here" thing. Even Thai men don't wander this country randomly buying very questionable women houses, cars and property

Edited by Kenny202
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

I've lived her ten years and never seen a successful bar girl / farang relationship. When you think about it, really isn't a recipe for a great trustful / mutual respect relationship on either side. One is viewed as a monger and the other a prostitute. Of these relationships I have seen at best the guy is living under sufferance (trapped in "his" home basically waiting to die) and doesn't have the funds or income to move elsewhere. At worst the guy invests everything he has thinking after the initial investment of Home, cars, gold for the wife etc he can settle down to a more moderate lifestyle...until he finds out his "wife" has other ideas. The goose has stopped laying golden eggs, all the assets are in her name...should be easy enough to find another one. Recently seen a few older guys I know get abandoned or neglected when their health takes a turn for the worse. That's the big assumption (illusion) isn't it....... that they will take care of you when you get old or crook (even though they have never shown any interest in taking care of you when you were healthy and able). Having said all that I don't know that I have seen much better outcomes with "normal" farang / Thai relationships....even of balanced age and status. Most seem to be financial based where the wife is expecting some type of renumeration for downgrading to a foreigner. Some of the worst disasters I have seen have been older guys settling down with older women in villages. Gambling being the biggest downfall. Latest story I heard 15 mill home, couple of luxury cars and motorbikes and not only did she lose that lot but indebted herself for a further 5 mill. All while the husband was offshore working.

I am sure there are successful, happy mixed relationships here but in my experience they are not the norm unless the guy has deep pockets and placates most of the spouses whims. I have been through the ringer, not burnt too badly financially but don't have the funds to gamble investing in a women here to any degree. I can provide a nice, caring lifestyle but buying houses / property for people with a 6th grade education / maturity without any security for myself is something I will not do again. Unfortunately this leads to a perpetually unsatisfied partner and a relationship with a use buy date. These days I do what I believe is right and proper for everyone...not for one. 

But I have.............????

• Like 2

1 minute ago, transam said:

So you don't know...

My mum was married at 17 in 1941, what do you think of that....?

He probably thinks she waited a year before she did this bad thing which people should not do and best not even think about. 

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Celsius said:

Yes all the guys say that and then you go to their Facebook page and find out the truth

Time takes it's toll,

James Bond is the perfect example, from hot to not in 5 years .........

xp6dkpy4cc171.jpg

Women in LTRs just let themselves go.

Best to rent!

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Time takes it's toll,

James Bond is the perfect example, from hot to not in 5 years .........

xp6dkpy4cc171.jpg

Women in LTRs just let themselves go.

Best to rent!

And you are waaaaaaay different, I suppose......:neus:...................????

• Like 1