Is "begging" for money the new norm in this society?

Confuscious

6 hours ago, Cricky said:

Grown adults. ???? 

Sadly, some people never grow up.

Soi Buakhao is full of these middle aged, elderly juvenile delinquents.

I was in Soi Buakhao a few weeks ago and watched some disabled people on a motorised wheelchair with a girl on their lap roaming the streets up and down.
They were going pretty fast on their modified wheelchair.
Ready to join the "Fund Me" app.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Freddy42OZ said:

It's not begging for money.  It is giving people free content and asking them if they enjoyed it, or got some value from it, to consider leaving a small tip/donation.   

If you don't want to pay then don't.  

Creating content is a lot of work, even the rubbish stuff!

Different words but same end result.  Begging.

It's not a lot of work to film yourself doing nothing unusual for TikTok.

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Mad mick said:

unfortunately or fortunately we need there phone apps that's risk l'm ok 

Why do we need their phones apps ?

I have none on my phone and my life is affected by this by zero percent.

• Love It 1

14 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Why do we need their phones apps ?

I have none on my phone and my life is affected by this by zero percent.

up to You ! I use WhatsApp , are you using old fishing line & tin can method or smoke signals to other friends , other than next door neighbours ! what stupid respponse, no apps up to you? how do operate online here  aseannow.com / Thai visa forum no apps? tin can & above fishing line smoke signsls ? ????????????

Edited by Mad mick
  • Confused 1

I saw some people shaking a bucket with some vague photo of a kid smiling near a banana tree.  They wanted money for the kids.  I asked if I could adopt one.  He looked at me terrified and then did the no English can't understand your Thai routine.  I finally solved their problem and they were speechless.

i don't know, but it seems that the governments are not happy with all this social media thing and are trying to put a halt to it.

Tik Tik is banned in many countries now; Twitter was taken over by musk! The taxman is inquiring into these sudden millionaires, etc.

My guess is that a lot of them will end very poor as happened to a lady in my country who got a letter from the taxman to pay over 100.000 Eur in not declared revenues 

48 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

I use my phone... as a phone, bizzarre concept aye.

Any thing internet (like posting here on Thaivisa.com) is performed on either my PC or Laptop.

Different but that up to you , l need phone app to chat friends back home look YT when out about dont carry pc every where go etc,. Cell > ????  PC  anyway same thing apps ! All the best to you enjoy & happy day's ???? 

Edited by Mad mick

1 hour ago, Mad mick said:

Different but that up to you , l need phone app to chat friends back home look YT when out about dont carry pc every where go etc,. Cell > ????  PC  anyway same thing apps ! All the best to you enjoy & happy day's ???? 

I use line, teams and facebook to chat with family, friends and work collegues when Iam in front of my PC or laptop.

I have no need to be "connected" 24/7 hence phone is for phone calls..... some days they phone even stays in the drawer turned off !!

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

I use my phone... as a phone, bizzarre concept aye.

Perhaps somewhat of an antiquated concept… but each to their own.

… phones are no longer phones but mobile computers, wallets, payment methods, cameras, navigation tools etc…

.. but more importantly..   smart phones are the method of cheap international communication many of yearned for in the early Nokia / Erickson days…. 

2 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

Any thing internet (like posting here on Thaivisa.com) is performed on either my PC or Laptop.

23 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

I use line, teams and facebook to chat with family, friends and work collegues when Iam in front of my PC or laptop.

I have no need to be "connected" 24/7 hence phone is for phone calls..... some days they phone even stays in the drawer turned off !!

thats app

Just now, Mad mick said:

thats still an app Fb + your ass must get sore sitting all day front of ???? . no way could sit in front pc all day Phone pc anyway messenger WhatsApp viper etc,. make no difference really can't bothered split hairs over it, most my friends out and about so we use WhatsApp msg or phone calls no big deal as l said whatever ya happy to  do