Unidentified Foreign Motorcyclist in Pattaya Crashes into Power Pole and Passes Away

webfact

image.jpeg

By Tanakorn Panyadee

Pattaya — An unidentified foreign man crashed his motorbike into a utility pole in Pattaya and passed away this morning.

The foreigner suffered severe head wounds and bleeding. Sawang Boriboon rescuers found the man lying on a footpath on Soi Map Yai Lia 26 in Pattaya around 03:50 AM today, April 6th.

His white Honda PCX motorbike with a damaged front was found fallen near a utility pole and the victim. The rescuers tried unsuccessfully to resuscitate the man.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2023/04/06/unidentified-foreign-motorcyclist-in-pattaya-crashes-into-power-pole-and-passes-away/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2023-04-06

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Sad 1

So many sleepless in Pattaya.

Pattaya Police who later went to investigate the scene told The Pattaya News that the man may have lost control of his motorbike before fatally smashing into a power pole.

However, the officers said they would still review CCTV footage of the area to determine the exact cause of the accident.

Yes still a chance that something came in his way.

Bloody poles but even "mile"stones can kill.

A 63 year woman from our neighborhood fell with her motorbike and hit hear head against a milestone.

Neck broken. Exit.

Edited by KhunBENQ

1 hour ago, webfact said:

The foreigner suffered severe head wounds and bleeding. Sawang Boriboon rescuers found the man lying on a footpath on Soi Map Yai Lia 26 in Pattaya around 03:50 AM today, April 6th

03:50am a tad over served one wonders.

• Confused 2

46 minutes ago, Keep Right said:

Riding a motorbike in Thailand is not the same as in their home country. 

In many riders' home countries, they would be riding unlicensed and illegally (same as here). The consequences of police action much more severe than in Thailand, so they likely would not take a chance.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

There's this recent new invetion for motorcycle riders called 'helmet' it said to be very helpful in protecting your head when you hit it against a hard objects like other cars, concrete, pavements and poles, anyone one heard about it?

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

45 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

All this needless and pointless speculation and yet not one poster has mentioned the power pole planted firmly in the middle of nearside lane. The one which many people consider to be the safe 'motorcycle lane'. (Not by me BTW)

Power pole.jpg

And said pole is clearly visible if the rider is taking notice of his environment, not looking at their phone and not inebriated.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Moonlover said:

Grey is the hardest colour to make out in the dark and here we have a grey pole without any hazard highlighting stuck in the middle of a lane that is used by many motorcyclists because they unwisely think it's a safe place to ride.

You can speculate as much as you like about the behaviour of the rider, but that pole is a major hazard, an accident waiting to happen.

Any idea how many other mo=pedders have crashed into this or similar poles in the early hours.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Any idea how many other mo=pedders have crashed into this or similar poles in the early hours.

Once again that's speculation. To my mind a pointless exercise.

12 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Grey is the hardest colour to make out in the dark and here we have a grey pole without any hazard highlighting stuck in the middle of a lane that is used by many motorcyclists because they unwisely think it's a safe place to ride.

You can speculate as much as you like about the behaviour of the rider, but that pole is a major hazard, an accident waiting to happen.

100% agree…

Thai or Foreigner… I bet this is not the first time that or pole was struck by a motorcyclist.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Thailand.......where the unwise and idiocy collide.

6 hours ago, BigStar said:

When will they ever learn?

My guess is that most foreigners who come here and rent motorcycles have never taken a motorcycle training course, don't have a motorcycle enforcement in their home countries, and have little to no experience driving a motorcycle.  Then they come here and drive without a helmet (<---- that's a supposition based on 'head injuries) and based on the time of night, possibly under the influence?

I had a m/c endorsement in the US plus experience on two different motorcycles in the 400cc to 750cc range.  I always wore a helmet (not because of any laws).  Yet when I got here.  I got nailed by a car running a light, I dropped once out of stupidity, and I hit the back of a truck when all the traffic in front of me locked up their brakes and almost got hit by the car behind me (I jumped off the bike and let it drop). But no injuries other than scrapes (somebody is looking out for me above). That was in my first year of driving here.  14 year later I've never had another incident - defensive driving in the max.  Driving here IS NOT like driving in the US.  It is magnitudes more dangerous.  Yet farang and other foreigners come here and just hop on a motorcycle like it's a glorified bicycle.  And if they drove a motorcycle the way that they drive a bicycle in the West?  ????

Actions have consequences.  RIP ???? for another unnecessary foreign m/c death.

• Like 2