Pattaya Police Launch City-Wide Search Targeting Foreigners on Overstay

snoop1130

Just now, Bangkok Barry said:

I was asking for your source on the number who return. You said less than the number of fingers on your hand, which was a brainless response. As was your nonsense I've quoted now.

As for my 'mate', he reported in response to an article posted on this site. It's his job.

You suggested that many people would not return, back that up as requested. After that I'll prove that most do return.

5 hours ago, Lucky Bones said:

Do some people really take their passport to Soi 6?????????

I think very unlikely, only an idiot would take their original passport out, especially at night and super especially going to soi 6?????

• Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

You suggested that many people would not return, back that up as requested. After that I'll prove that most do return.

I personally know of several, including one who had his credit card cloned, which he used once in one store. Another who was in a taxi that was stopped by another taxi and his driver threatened with a machete for picking my friend up 'at the wrong place'. Another who got very tired of taxi drivers in Bangkok refusing to use their meter. Another friend, in a wheelchair, said he would never return, for the very obvious reason that he found, on his world travels, Bangkok to be the most difficult city he had found anywhere for people such as him. Another friend came and had no problems, but it was been there, done that, and nothing great to return to.

Edited by Bangkok Barry
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, dallen52 said:

Have to admit that post covid19 there seems to be a hike in the dash for cash grabs.

If the bar girls don't get you (prostitutes) the BIB will $$$

I have been thinking that for awhile, there are people who are using the pandemic, and the Russian-Ukraine thing to make extra money. ie a motorbike taxi in Pattaya wanted to charge me 20 Bt above the normal fare because I was carrying a cabin bag. He was told NO!

One family member was charged 500 odd Bt for the same medicine she was charged 300 odd Bt for previously in a government hospital.

I'm sure some of you have other examples. Sorry, I have gone a little bit off topic here.

Edited by NoshowJones
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I can appreciate that you might be frustrated that you are unable to respond in an intelligent and constructive manner. Some do have that handicap, and it makes me wonder why they post at all.

Ditto.. How does  a link to some unheard of food flogger friend of yours  rate as intelligent or constructive.? 

7 hours ago, jacko45k said:

You have to put it in perspective... I have been here many years and NEVER been asked to present my passport outside by the police. (Unless you include when driving near north border). 

That happened to me on a bus from ... uuuhhhh (I forget the name), the city where my brother in law was living and working at, which was near the Lao border, and I traveled to Udon Thani.    Thai police had a roadblock on the high way.   They were checking peoples ID's.  One came to my seat and said passport.  I gave it to him he opened it up and gave it back in about 3 seconds.   I think the only thing he did was to check if the picture looked like me.   They did take 3 people of the bus though.  

3 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I would love to know the number who come here and say 'never again'.

Nothing like as many as those who come and cannot wait to come back either on holiday or for good.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"Pattaya Police and immigration launched a city-wide search yesterday targeting foreigners on overstay or who might have been involved in illegal activities."

An orgnisation called the RTP and the Immigration Bureau...they were doing their job.

Doing their job?

Two fine diligent organisations who are the epitome of good behaviour and high standards.

The OP did say to target ovetstays and illegal activities? So, as I said, start within.

2 hours ago, radiochaser said:

That happened to me on a bus from ... uuuhhhh (I forget the name), the city where my brother in law was living and working at, which was near the Lao border, and I traveled to Udon Thani.    Thai police had a roadblock on the high way.   They were checking peoples ID's.  One came to my seat and said passport.  I gave it to him he opened it up and gave it back in about 3 seconds.   I think the only thing he did was to check if the picture looked like me.   They did take 3 people of the bus though.  

Checking for Ilegal enterers. They do this by a lot of borders in the world about 50 to 100 k inside. Well included 0 k so Including Denmark / Germany  think ? As s9me diference in Denmark re the EU I think ? 

6 hours ago, d4dang said:

Two weeks ago there were at least thirty past the Marine Bar before the Bayshore. I was surprised.

Several near one of the Russian a-go-gos (which is in the alley on the left, don't know the Soi name), but also in front of one of the restaurant towards Bali Hai Pier. Doubt that they all have Thai passports or work permits...

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Mark mark said:

Checking for Ilegal enterers. They do this by a lot of borders in the world about 50 to 100 k inside. Well included 0 k so Including Denmark / Germany  think ? As s9me diference in Denmark re the EU I think ? 

That used to be done in the U.S. of A..  I have seen the Border Patrol enter busses looking for illegals and it was more than 100 kilometers from any border.    When I was assisting U.S. Border Patrol this subject came up as well.   

I would not be surprised that the democrat party has stopped the activity of checking for illegals, here in the U.S. of A.. 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 4/7/2023 at 5:23 AM, hioctane said:

That truck must have been full. I don't know anyone that brings their passport out to the clubs.

A photo of your passport including visa page can be carried on your phone as evidence of your legitimate stay.

9 hours ago, radiochaser said:

That used to be done in the U.S. of A..  I have seen the Border Patrol enter busses looking for illegals and it was more than 100 kilometers from any border.    When I was assisting U.S. Border Patrol this subject came up as well.   

I would not be surprised that the democrat party has stopped the activity of checking for illegals, here in the U.S. of A.. 

Out 100k away would bevause they would have been out of their comfort zone I think. Like I think they do the some here in Thailand. ...  and maybe in the states as while they are near the border they could be considered contained and also being processed as the law states at that time.   like just part of the same old problem ?

But 100k in !!  Well they are not being legal ? And entering illegal , to stay ! ? Right ?? 

Edited by Mark mark
Improve.

18 hours ago, harleyclarkey said:
On 4/7/2023 at 9:48 AM, Liverpool Lou said:

"Pattaya Police and immigration launched a city-wide search yesterday targeting foreigners on overstay or who might have been involved in illegal activities."

An orgnisation called the RTP and the Immigration Bureau...they were doing their job.

Doing their job?

Yes.