Ukrainian Woman Arrested After Spray Painting Famous Viewpoint in Phuket

webfact

1 hour ago, traveller101 said:

I couldn't agree more and let me remind the "vitriolic people" or heartless morons in my book that comments such as:

'Throw her in jail and throw away the key'

'lock her up'

'send her to the monkeyhouse'

'send her back to Bachmud' (Bakhmut)

'absolute scum'

........ seem to be way over the top considering the gravity of the crime committed in this case.

Throw away trolls. They don't stick around. Just their idea of fun. A wind up.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Zack61 said:

It’s probably a rare opportunity for any Russian tourists in the area to read the truth of what is going on in Ukraine. Maybe not a bad thing. 

I have met a few Russians some speak English, albeit poorly. None of them could read English.

• Thumbs Up 1

57 minutes ago, RobU said:

I have met a few Russians some speak English, albeit poorly. None of them could read English.

You have met the wrong ones, I have met many Russians over the years who can speak good English, it's the older ones who dont speak English if they come from the big cities they are fine.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, ChipButty said:

You have met the wrong ones, I have met many Russians over the years who can speak good English, it's the older ones who dont speak English if they come from the big cities they are fine.

I said they could speak English. Reading English is a problem for them not speaking it

We all know Putins Russia are a murderous terror country, we don’t need reminding.

Its also very very childish of this young lady spray painting graffiti, particularly when it’s not your own country 

• Like 1

On 4/8/2023 at 1:41 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

and some time in a Thai jail to remind her that it's not polite to vandalise other country's property for her own politics.

If she did that in Singapore likely get the cane.

Women do not get canned in Singapore.

On 4/9/2023 at 6:19 AM, traveller101 said:

I couldn't agree more and let me remind the "vitriolic people" or heartless morons in my book that comments such as:

'Throw her in jail and throw away the key'

'lock her up'

'send her to the monkeyhouse'

'send her back to Bachmud' (Bakhmut)

'absolute scum'

........ seem to be way over the top considering the gravity of the crime committed in this case.

So you condone her damaging property in a country she's visiting.

Why don't you post your address and we can run an ad in the paper inviting people to come visit and graffiti your home and car.

It's always easy to give a pass on something like this when you personally aren't impacted. You share the same mentality as this woman and shouldn't encourage it since it's not your country either

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/8/2023 at 7:06 PM, itsari said:

The park bench is not damaged at all. 

The woman has made a peaceful protest 

No.  She committed the crime of vandalism and as we saw with the two kids in Chiang Mai who tagged Thapea Gate - that crime comes with a 10 year prison sentence. 
Protestors hold up signs; criminals break the law.

• Haha 1

Well, she did not write anything that is not true. I like some graffiti and street art. I know there is a real aversion to it here, but some of it is amazing. It is a part of contemporary culture, and in my opinion and good part of it. 

graffiti back 15 hi.jpg

fuck the police graffiti.jpg

fish graffiti back hi.jpg

• Like 1

On 4/8/2023 at 5:06 PM, connda said:

Like other posters have said, if we all just start 'releasing our frustrations though graffiti" it would be anarchy and this country's cultural and tourist sites would be a fiasco defaced with "harmless paint" in order to make a point - "so no harm done."  Sorry - it's a crime because Thais see it as harming the cultural institutions.

Graffiti is vandalism and vandalism is a crime with judicial consequences.
This isn't LA, Chicago, or New York and I think the Thais want their country graffiti-free regardless of the message.  It's not the message! 
It's the act (and an act of complete disrespect to Thailand) which is a crime.

This is one of the first times I'm seeing AN members of the expat community advocating for the commission of a crime as long as the message is "correct" in their own minds.  That's sad and shows how far society has fallen in the last couple of decades.

No question society as a whole has fallen far. I attribute alot of that to social media, which has become an incredibly corrosive cultural force. However, I do not object to this kind of graffiti. I rather like it. 

• Like 2

On 4/8/2023 at 9:35 AM, Bkk Brian said:

Her anger got the better of her but she's right, Russia is a terrorist state

Awful lot of people still reading corporate news on this thread. Get out more. If anything's a terrorist state it's the most corrupt country in Europe formerly Khazaria.

On 4/10/2023 at 1:03 PM, Dan O said:

Why don't you post your address and we can run an ad in the paper inviting people to come visit and graffiti your home and car.

It's always easy to give a pass on something like this when you personally aren't impacted. You share the same mentality as this woman and shouldn't encourage it since it's not your country either

He said she comitted a crime, his reaction was to the over the top reactions. Why do you confuse that with confinement?

Edited by stevenl

3 hours ago, stevenl said:

He said she comitted a crime, his reaction was to the over the top reactions. Why do you confuse that with confinement?

Well actually I have no idea what you mean about confinement, I didn't say that in the comment your quoting.

I'm not confused at all. It was an illegal act and she should be held accountable. No excuse is good enough to give a pass to someone that damages other people's property, especially in a country youvre a visitor in.

If this happened at your home or on your property you would be livid about. If you dont like my view you can keep your thoughts to yourself and move on. 

10 hours ago, Dan O said:

Well actually I have no idea what you mean about confinement, I didn't say that in the comment your quoting.

I'm not confused at all. It was an illegal act and she should be held accountable. No excuse is good enough to give a pass to someone that damages other people's property, especially in a country youvre a visitor in.

If this happened at your home or on your property you would be livid about. If you dont like my view you can keep your thoughts to yourself and move on. 

He didn't condone it, contrary to your claims 

This is a discussion board, but you're telling me to keep my thoughts to myself since I don't agree with you. Maybe you forgot the purpose of a discussion board?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, stevenl said:

He didn't condone it, contrary to your claims 

This is a discussion board, but you're telling me to keep my thoughts to myself since I don't agree with you. Maybe you forgot the purpose of a discussion board?  

No, I know exactly what this forum is. You  need to learn to read more effectively. If you don't like my comments or don't agree them move on and don't read them or express yours to other like minded people with the same character as yourself. I am not one of your minions that feel it's OK to damage other people's property, especially in a country where they are a guest.

Invite them to damage your property, post your address and and have them come over and act in this manner. You don't have the guts to but you'll spout their rights, which they none.

I don't have to listen to your drivel just as you don't to mine so move on. Block me, ignore me, I don't care  I am don't with you on this topic. 

35 minutes ago, Dan O said:

No, I know exactly what this forum is. You  need to learn to read more effectively. If you don't like my comments or don't agree them move on and don't read them or express yours to other like minded people with the same character as yourself. I am not one of your minions that feel it's OK to damage other people's property, especially in a country where they are a guest.

Invite them to damage your property, post your address and and have them come over and act in this manner. You don't have the guts to but you'll spout their rights, which they none.

I don't have to listen to your drivel just as you don't to mine so move on. Block me, ignore me, I don't care  I am don't with you on this topic. 

He didn't condone damaging other people's property, neither did I, contrary to your claims.

You're misreading posts and then tell others to read more effectively. 

You clearly don't know how a discussion or a discussion forum works.

Go out and have fun, but somehow I doubt that's possible.

On 4/10/2023 at 1:03 PM, Dan O said:

Who was "impacted".....?

9 hours ago, transam said:

Who was "impacted".....?

The property of thailand and the people that had to repair or remove her graffiti. Not sure how much you understand about removing graffiti but the surfaces are seldom the same and need to be completely redone to eliminate it. It also opens the door for others to do the same and that's hardly what anyone wants to see randomly in the country. Aside from that it's illegal but from your comment that doesn't seem to matter. Given out your address so they can graffiti your property and the tell us how you feel about it. Bet you won't 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, stevenl said:

He didn't condone damaging other people's property, neither did I, contrary to your claims.

You're misreading posts and then tell others to read more effectively. 

You clearly don't know how a discussion or a discussion forum works.

Go out and have fun, but somehow I doubt that's possible.

That's the best you could do as a reply? Spatial thinking isn't for everyone, I can see the group you may be in   have a great day