Aircon struggling this hot weather.

giddyup

5 minutes ago, Denim said:

You're not the only one. Worst hot season I have ever experienced. Car air con barely coping when driving and worse if stationary.

Our home is built of Q Con blocks and there is 6 inches of insulation on top of the ceiling . Even so, the air con in the bedroom is struggling a bit in the daytime and is on about 16 hours a day. Only off when we go out or early morning. 

Temperature is 40 in the shade on the balcony. 32.5 in the living room ( no air con ) and I'm keeping the bedroom at 27.

Everywhere I go , all the Thais I deal with ask me. " how do you like the weather ? "  They are suffering just as much.

Not a soi dog to be seen....all in hiding.

I wish Prayuth would do a rain dance or something.

I have the aircon set at 27 but the clock that also shows temp is showing 33 in the bedroom. Have two fans running as well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, giddyup said:

I'm dreading the possibility of a power cut because of overloads.

We had a 4 hour power cut a few nights back !!. There was a little rain and the fast bend that enters the village was oily from sugar cane trucks doing a U turn there. That made the bend slippery and a speeding macho man in his pick up lost control and took out an electric post.

Got solar lights in the house but couldn't sit inside.....just too hot.

I don't use A/c ,don't like them, been British was never brought up with them,

house or car, but I do own about 20 of them in rental premises ,and they

are a pain in the @rse , 

The house I live in has plenty trees , bushes , water features around it ,which

does keep it cooler, sleep at night with windows open and most of the time

only a single fan , during the day just potter about the house and garden

only wearing a sarong , 

One particular tenant is always complaining about A/C not working , when

I go around to check it , he has it set at 17 degrees , and the thing is frozen

up,  for me you can keep your A/c , I don't need it , been American its mandatory.

or in a Condo you would really need one.

regards Worgeorde

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

48 minutes ago, Denim said:

You're not the only one. Worst hot season I have ever experienced. Car air con barely coping when driving and worse if stationary.

Our home is built of Q Con blocks and there is 6 inches of insulation on top of the ceiling . Even so, the air con in the bedroom is struggling a bit in the daytime and is on about 16 hours a day. Only off when we go out or early morning. 

Temperature is 40 in the shade on the balcony. 32.5 in the living room ( no air con ) and I'm keeping the bedroom at 27.

Everywhere I go , all the Thais I deal with ask me. " how do you like the weather ? "  They are suffering just as much.

Not a soi dog to be seen....all in hiding.

I wish Prayuth would do a rain dance or something.

"Not a soi dog to be seen". Correct.

But walk out the front gate to go to Mom & Pop store and they soon round me up. Day or night.

Time to stop walking.

PVC pipe essential.????????

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

I go for a 90 minutes walk every morning. I leave my house around 5-45 am. The weather is cool and perfect for exercising. Just after 7am it starts heating up and gets rather uncomfortable. Its really humid with no breeze and If I don't carry a small bottle of water I feel very drained when I finish.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NONG CHOK said:

I go for a 90 minutes walk every morning. I leave my house around 5-45 am. The weather is cool and perfect for exercising. Just after 7am it starts heating up and gets rather uncomfortable. Its really humid with no breeze and If I don't carry a small bottle of water I feel very drained when I finish.

Stay hydrated is the key. Now that the hot weather is here we carry our water packs with us when we go out.  They start out as frozen, but by the time we need water it is just cool water.....33c now feels like 44c....ugh.

Screenshot_20230412_165337_WeatherBug.jpg.0c3adc911306e8eb1fcae5869938382f.jpg

25 minutes ago, giddyup said:

I'm dreading the possibility of a power cut because of overloads.

Which is why it is important to acclimate as much as possible. I go without a/c until around 10 pm. But I can't survive without fans during the afternoon and early evening.

My experience it is all about keeping it clean.  In a place like Chiang Mai now, you should probably have it professionally cleaned every month.  Add, if your unit is not sufficiently sized for the space, performance will seem poor.   So, have a size plus for the space and keep it cleaned should be no problems.

• Like 1

Just now, John Drake said:

Which is why it is important to acclimate as much as possible. I go without a/c until around 10 pm. But I can't survive without fans during the afternoon and early evening.

Fans don't work without electric either.

• Haha 1