End of life regret?

Now back in 1974 in Sundsvall, Sweden, there was this lovely..............ahhh well.

And in 1972 I could have bought a Fender VI bass from Eric Haydock for £170...the one he had used in the Hollies. I didn't!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Tom H said:

Arrange that your love ones get your money before you die.

Donate something to charities.

If you love cats, donate to sn organisation. Do domething good and you feel happy????

Giving while living is a mantra I've used.I've donated to my wife's sister and husband to get them started on building a new house.It's now complete.They were living in a hovel.They thank me these days while i'm still around.I get a lot of satisfaction from that.My wife and her single sister are well taken car of.Not rich but own 2 houses and some bullion.I won't need it where I'm going.555

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When I was young, I had a chance to have sex with a name actress (in a Spielberg film), but my friend was much more into her so I stepped aside -and then he blew it.

So that.

Also: Not catching Miles Davis live, even though he was fairly terrible by the time I got around to knowing who he was.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, jaideedave said:

Giving while living is a mantra I've used.I've donated to my wife's sister and husband to get them started on building a new house.It's now complete.They were living in a hovel.They thank me these days while i'm still around.I get a lot of satisfaction from that.My wife and her single sister are well taken car of.Not rich but own 2 houses and some bullion.I won't need it where I'm going.555

I'm elderley but in good health.

I have one son (born in Thailand), he's married has 3 kids.

Good pensions income.

Thai will already in place - my son. No need for will in my birth country

As far as possible my son already owns everything.

All bank accounts in joint names with son, only need one signature. Son has the pin numbers.

Only debt I will have on departure is one credit card in my name but I make a payment quickly (same day or next day) equal to anything bought on the card, so balance owing is always very small and for very limited time.

All funeral details already well explained and documented - main theme: funeral to cost as little as possible, to ensure all funds are kept for grandchildrens education. 

No regrets about anything - so far so good.

Edited by scorecard
  • Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Jeez, sure seems stupid of a person to say or think they actually have no regrets.  Of course,  we all have regrets in you tried to actually live a life, had life experiences.  It is perfectly normal to have regrets.  

Edited by bkk6060
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, nigelforbes said:

I have two:

1) Instead of staying to see Stones in the Park I left and went to work for a 3 pm shift.

2) Instead of going down to see Bruce Springsteen in Miami I stayed at work in Lauderdale all afternoon, pumping gas for two bucks an hour.

How stupid humans can be at times.

Wow, you had a great job, I pumped gas (& diesel) for $1.15 an hour..... all while going to college full time! Yepper, worked 48 hrs. a week and went to school full time. Hardly any time to sleep or study.

....and while staying at my brother's in Ft. Lauderdale we went to Miami a few times. Didn't see Springsteen but we did hit some of the fancy clubs and of course South Beach to see all those lovely breasts!!!

NOTE: I did see Springsteen back in the late 80s at 'Big Mac' (Denver). The ticket was a birthday gift from an old girlfriend. Good concert but not my favorite one.

• Love It 1

I should have come to Thailand sooner.

I should have spent half of every year in Thailand, and the other half of every year in China/Taiwan/Kyoto/Hong Kong.

This way, I would not have any regrets.

I also regret not having spent an additional 10 years at university.

Those good years, when one is young enough to study hard cannot be recouped later in life.

What is the purpose of life, anyway, if it is not the pursuit of knowledge?

Or, maybe some are just not curious enough?

Curiosity is the only real spice of life.

Show me someone without a basketful of curiosity, and you will have found a dullard.

Curiosity about reality is not something that one can enhance through hard work.

More is the pity that curiosity cannot be learned.

Because, we do know, for example, that there is an inverse correlation between much of schooling and the sense of curiosity.

One should, however, never be curious about what is beyond the grave, unless one is not a scientist.

We also should not be too curious about crop circles, unless we understand that they are not created by ETs.

I regret that I will never have the opportunity to visit Mars, most likely.

The great potential regret that I might have suffered did not happen.  The Webb Telescope is now fully deployed, and did not blow up during launch. It seems to be performing flawlessly.  At the very least, I have lived long enough to see the Webb in operation.  Such a magnificent achievement.

So...I am lucky.

I do not have as many regrets as I would have thought.

ChokDee

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Thumbs Up 1

did someone mention concerts?

what a waste of money. i'm never going to see another concert.

it's just an ego thing ... people can brag that they saw Elvis in 1942 ... who cares? his music is still available online. 

we watch movies at home, so music at home is good enough. 

Edited by save the frogs
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, steven100 said:

revenge is a dish best served cold

Revenge on what? Regretting past spending doesn't make your life better. Maybe these other 5 or 10 places you want to visit will be no good. Only way to find out is to go. Book a ticket tomorrow and go next month.