Pheu Thai Won’t Work with Coup Makers

webfact

image.jpeg

BANGKOK, April 19 (TNA) – Pheu Thai party’s advisory chief and head of the Pheu Thai “family”, Paetongtarn Shinawatra announced the party would not join hands with coup makers.

She was speaking as the party’s key figures outlined the strategy in election campaign at a press conference on Tuesday.

She said the party was ready to be the people’s tool, leading to the change. She told the party’s candidates to campaign in the constituencies they were contesting. They had to meet people to get the seats in the parliament.

Full story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-1156467

tnalogo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai News Agency 2023-04-19

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Pheu Thai party’s advisory chief and head of the Pheu Thai “family”, Paetongtarn Shinawatra announced the party would not join hands with coup makers.

What? No Hands Across the Water from Dubai?  

4 hours ago, dinsdale said:

I think they will get enough votes to lead in their own right. No coalition needed. This should basically tie the senates hand. If the senate does not back Pheu Thais choice of PM there will be big trouble. This of course is just my opinion.

The only coalition they might have to consider should the need arise would be with the MFP

Prayut, Prawit & Anutin shoud get the dialing tone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zzaa09 said:

That would be my guess.

Expect something along these lines if things don't go their way.

Not sure. The army clique currently governing the country is not controlling the military any more. It would require the agreement of who you know, and It's far from certain he would agree to it.

I would rather expect a judiciary coup, using the numerous mechanisms they put in the constitution to this aim.

Edited by candide
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And honest politicians won't work with the criminal fugitive and his minions.

Now if Thailand would have any honest politicians that would be great. 

Does a senior honest politician exist anywhere?

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Andycoops said:

Good to hear. The Muppets that took over illegitimately shouldn't be given a thing and be sent packing back to the stone that they crawled out from.

I rather have these military muppets trialed for unlawful seizure of power from a legitimate elected government. Allowing them to participate in the next election is a travesty for democracy. 

• Like 1